Holy Cross 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Cross 2018-2019

The schedule is up and I’m looking forward to the schools inaugural season in Hockey East!

Re: Holy Cross 2018-2019

Well after two weekends of hockey, things aren’t looking too bad for this first year program. A 2-0 loss and a 1-1 tie last weekend vs RIT and then another 1-1 tie this weekend vs RPI are not a bad start. RPI has beat RIT 7 times in their last eight meeting, several games were high scoring wins, so a tie vs the Engineers is great for the Crusaders. The first year players are playing very well and the returning skaters are accepting the challenge and experience of playing at the highest level.

Next weekend the team faces its first significant test, playing Providence and UCONN.

Comment

Originally posted by gotanytape View Post
      Well after two weekends of hockey, things aren’t looking too bad for this first year program. A 2-0 loss and a 1-1 tie last weekend vs RIT and then another 1-1 tie this weekend vs RPI are not a bad start. RPI has beat RIT 7 times in their last eight meeting, several games were high scoring wins, so a tie vs the Engineers is great for the Crusaders. The first year players are playing very well and the returning skaters are accepting the challenge and experience of playing at the highest level.

Next weekend the team faces its first significant test, playing Providence and UCONN.

You have a great coach there. first class all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
        You have a great coach there. first class all the way.
        He’s the best. A great hockey mind

Comment

Great school, stand up coach and hopefully a great program in the near future. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeynut69 View Post
            Great school, stand up coach and hopefully a great program in the near future. Good luck!
            After watching this team the past few weeks, I can say that the key to keeping the games respectable is staying out of the penalty box.

The few D1 recruits are playing well and the majority of the existing players are able to keep up, but they just don’t operate at that next level. Penalty kill situations are wearing the team down.

The BC game was fun to watch because nobody gave up the entire game. Merrimack could have been closer.... too many mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by gotanytape View Post
              After watching this team the past few weeks, I can say that the key to keeping the games respectable is staying out of the penalty box.

The few D1 recruits are playing well and the majority of the existing players are able to keep up, but they just don’t operate at that next level. Penalty kill situations are wearing the team down.

The BC game was fun to watch because nobody gave up the entire game. Merrimack could have been closer.... too many mistakes
              It is hard to stay out of the box when you are chasing the puck the whole game and playing defense.

Comment

Huge shout out to Holy Cross on their first ever Hockey East victory. I was hoping their hard work would pay off one of these weekends - HE #10 knocking off HE #1, what an epic first league win. Congrats Holy Cross!

Here's a link to some highlights and post-game interviews: https://goholycross.com/ViewArticle....936.1539133117
                THINK PINK
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by whoop87 View Post
                  Huge shout out to Holy Cross on their first ever Hockey East victory. I was hoping their hard work would pay off one of these weekends - HE #10 knocking off HE #1, what an epic first league win. Congrats Holy Cross!

Here's a link to some highlights and post-game interviews: https://goholycross.com/ViewArticle....936.1539133117
                  Not quite as "feel-good" of a story as Team India, but watching the video still brought a big smile to my face. Congrats an your historic win!

Comment

What is the latest on this program in addition to this:
                    https://www.uscho.com/2019/04/11/mer...te-head-coach/

I know of 2 incoming recruits from MN that are nice players:
                    Carly Beniek F, Breck (MN)
                    Kailey Langefels D, Minnetonka (MN)

Both were all state HM, Kailey made USA Select 66 in 2017 & 2018.

Any others of note? Whats the future looking like now that Lachapelle has taken over the reigns officially from Van Buskirk?

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post
                      What is the latest on this program in addition to this:
                      https://www.uscho.com/2019/04/11/mer...te-head-coach/

I know of 2 incoming recruits from MN that are nice players:
                      Carly Beniek F, Breck (MN)
                      Kailey Langefels D, Minnetonka (MN)

Both were all state HM, Kailey made USA Select 66 in 2017 & 2018.

Any others of note? Whats the future looking like now that Lachapelle has taken over the reigns officially from Van Buskirk?
                      I think the new coaching staff is going to bring a more current look and feel to the program which will make the program become more legit in the D1 game. Nothing but a positive future as they grow their talent level over the next 3 or 4 recruiting classes in my opinion. I hope they will improve very quickly!
                      Last edited by shelfit; 04-26-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X