X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Technically committing really means nothing and it seems like he committed when he tweeted it today. But that would just mean he hasn't had contact since the start of the month.

So I guess we could see young commitments still this summer...
    So my son could commit to UW without ever talking to the coaches, right?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      So my son could commit to UW without ever talking to the coaches, right?
      My point is he committed today, not "before the rule change". And that the scenario could lead to more young commitments over the summer to those that were extended offers in April.

Comment

My point is he committed today, not "before the rule change". And that the scenario could lead to more young commitments over the summer to those that were extended offers in April.
        Which means that the NCAA didn't close a loophole. They should have mandated that these players even if offered couldn't commit unless it was prior May 1st. Poor job on the NCAA in my opinion.
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Mr. Holloway was named the CJHL player of the year. Some highlights are he scored points in 42 of 53 games played and at one point scored points in 18 straight games and had 13 pts in 11 playoff games.

Comment

• Sioux Falls claimed the USHL title last night. UW commit Sam Stevens was big in the three game finals with 2 goals and 2 assists for Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
              Sioux Falls claimed the USHL title last night. UW commit Sam Stevens was big in the three game finals with 2 goals and 2 assists for Sioux Falls.
              Love it. He's going to be a top end guy.

Comment

Define top end guy

Comment

Define top end guy
                  Leads the nation in scoring 4 years, wins the HB 4 times, that kind of top end guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Leads the nation in scoring 4 years, wins the HB 4 times, that kind of top end guy.
                    He had 10 goals and 15 assists in the USHL as a 2000 birth year, Wisconsin has plenty of top end talent coming in, he’s just not one of them.

Comment

Saw a stat the other day, Turcotte averaged 1.5 pts a game against D1 teams and Caufield something like 1.12, which is not what one would expect, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                        He had 10 goals and 15 assists in the USHL as a 2000 birth year, Wisconsin has plenty of top end talent coming in, he’s just not one of them.
                        Drink the red Koolaid, it's delicious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Saw a stat the other day, Turcotte averaged 1.5 pts a game against D1 teams and Caufield something like 1.12, which is not what one would expect, is it?
                          They were 2nd and 4th on the team. What would you have expected from an all 17-year old team?

I should add that I believe this year's team was probably more successful than past USNTDP teams vs. college competition.
                          Last edited by DPlaya; 05-23-2019, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Milewski tweeted that Liam Malmquist from Edina has committed to UW. Dylan Malmquist is his bro (Notre Dame). Played with Mike Vorlicky.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                              Milewski tweeted that Liam Malmquist from Edina has committed to UW. Dylan Malmquist is his bro (Notre Dame). Played with Mike Vorlicky.
                              Not knowing where Dylan is from, I was wondering if they were related. Thanks for saving me Google time, D.

Dad played for Harvard and Dylan is an Academic All Big Ten. My guess is Liam is a good student.🤔
                              Last edited by MadCityRich; 05-23-2019, 08:21 PM.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                Not knowing where Dylan is from, I was wondering if they were related. Thanks for saving me Google time, D.
                                No problem. He is a 2nd-round Capitols USHL draft pick. Put up 30-31-61 in 31 games for the cake eaters.

Comment

Working...
                                X