This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

It is an interesting anomaly this year that the teams with the most coveted recruits are almost exclusively on the outside looking in for the NCAAs. Blue Blood recruitment isn’t exactly paying off like it once did. Need more 27 year old Canadians.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
      ....and Aleksi Peltonen is now committed to St. Lawrence.
      Updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ImvKLUHKZyhn5-GSaO-5FHUVbRJv9Uypm4FIAQuLj8
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        "Unfair offer" is a subjective characterization. Thousands and thousands of kids would kill to get any offer at all to play at UW. And of course, some wouldn't.

My kid has been offered full rides from a number of very good schools. It is likely a couple of schools of interest will not come through with full ride offers, and it is also likely that those same schools will be among the finalists because of the very high quality of their programs. I could say it's unfair if they don't offer the same as some other programs, but it isn't. They will offer what they can or want to based on their program's need for my kid at this time. We will then just have to consider what the best route is for the little McBadgerton, which may very well mean paying up for the very best fit. (Sadly, for my pocketbook.)

Some kids want to be a big fish in a small pond. Other kids possess enormous self confidence and will spurn a quality ride to walk on at a big pond despite being the littlest fish there to start. Everybody has to decide what's best for them and that's perfectly fine. Unless they are choosing Nodak. That's just wrong every time.

Again, well thought out points. Im a mid west guy whos kiddo is playing east coast. Hurts a bit, yet not to the wallet. See what happens, and I do wish Wi comes back to power. AZ State....over Wisconsin...cmon!!!
        Last edited by IronRange; 02-20-2019, 05:39 PM. Reason: missed statments

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
          ....and Aleksi Peltonen is now committed to St. Lawrence.
          And the recruiting spreadsheet is updated.

https://www.lancers.com/news_article/show/997037
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

When did Aleksi decommit? I don't recall.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              When did Aleksi decommit? I don't recall.
              According to the link I posted, today he committed to St. Lawrence.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                I meant decommit from WI. At first he and Jesper committed here, but I figured Aleksi was coming in a year later. I dont remember his decommit from the Badgers.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I meant decommit from WI. At first he and Jesper committed here, but I figured Aleksi was coming in a year later. I dont remember his decommit from the Badgers.
                  He didn't decommit. He just accepted an offer from the Skating Larry's. I'm sure he talked to the staff though. Obviously Jesper is here and I believe Tony played with their Dad for a year or so with the LA Kings so no doubt the lines of communication were open.

Glad for him as he had to work hard with bouncing back and forth from tier 1 to 2 the last two years. His game has recently come together though and he's producing points the last few months. Should be a good fit for St Lawrence.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

The main thing for us to worry about isn't that we have too many recruits.

It's what team Alex Turcotte falls to in the draft. The wrong team might try to sign him right away, which we can't have happen. The right team will let him develop for a couple years, so start cogitating on that.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      He didn't decommit.
                      Really? January 17, 2017 article on Madison.com by Todd Milewski.

"Badgers men's hockey: Finnish twins Aleksi and Jesper Peltonen commit to Wisconsin". I can't get the link to paste from my phone.

I played football & hockey and got dinged a lot, but I haven't lost TOO much memory!
                      Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-20-2019, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Really? January 17, 2017 article on Madison.com by Todd Milewski.

"Badgers men's hockey: Finnish twins Aleksi and Jesper Peltonen commit to Wisconsin". I can't get the link to paste from my phone.
                        Right. They were verbally committed to UW. Aleksi didn't publicly decommit from UW anywhere or anytime that I'm aware of. So I guess his decommitment is today, upon announcing he's going to St. Larry's if you want to look at it that way. It's not like there's paperwork involved with commits or anything. And from what I've heard, I'm pretty certain the staff was in the loop.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          People are hyping up the over recruiting thing like it's going to kill you in the long run... I say let's see. Right now it looks genius to me.
                          I lean toward this being a good problem to have rather than just a bad situation. Granato is still relatively new to the college recruiting thing so he's probably still figuring it out as he goes along.

But he better get going on getting the blue chip recruits for 2020 and onward. If all these hotshots leave in a year or 2 we are gonna need more of them coming in.

Comment

The main thing for us to worry about isn't that we have too many recruits.

It's what team Alex Turcotte falls to in the draft. The wrong team might try to sign him right away, which we can't have happen. The right team will let him develop for a couple years, so start cogitating on that.
                            That would be bad. Very bad. I wonder what the NHL teams think of UW's awful measurable stats, not so much the record.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              Did you see Grace, Sophie's little sis Shirley is coming to UW next year?
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

He said it doesn't change the forecast. When you consider they had Ethan Leyh committed until recently, it probably doesn't. They just swapped the #161 ranked player for #46.
                                They aren't bringing in all the kids that have received offers and verbally committed. Unless we have 10 kids leave early, which isn't going to happen. That is a change. You call it what you want, but don't tell me that things haven't changed. Peltonen is one of many to come....
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X