This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I think this shows a major flaw in TG's strategy of over stacking talent, some may not want to wait for a chance or bet on themselves, like the Kryer kids and now this guy. He would have been top 12 F for sure. I HATE losing 1 point a game guy from the BCHL.
    As I fan I will somehow learn to live with too much talent committed. It will be difficult, but I think over time I can learn to live with it and the occasional decommitment that may result.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Leyh is a major loss. Hard to cry though when the next class brings Turcotte, Caufield, and Holloway....3 potential 1st round picks at forward. I can not remember anything even remotely like that trio being brought in in the same class.

Comment

I'm wondering about "over stacking talent". Do all the bigs "over-recruit" only to lose a few? Here's another example of a 15 or 16 y/o kid committing early and then the team adding recruits for another 2 years.

I don't have the patience to cruise the recruiting threads of the Gophs, Sioux, etc., but I don't recall this topic too often on rival boards.

I just can't help but think in today's recruiting, a rival coach would use the "Look how many decommits they have" card.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          I'm wondering about "over stacking talent". Do all the bigs "over-recruit" only to lose a few? Here's another example of a 15 or 16 y/o kid committing early and then the team adding recruits for another 2 years.

I don't have the patience to cruise the recruiting threads of the Gophs, Sioux, etc., but I don't recall this topic too often on rival boards.

I just can't help but think in today's recruiting, a rival coach would use the "Look how many decommits they have" card.
          I’m pretty sure Pearson at Michigan has been accused of over recruiting as well.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I think this shows a major flaw in TG's strategy of over stacking talent, some may not want to wait for a chance or bet on themselves, like the Kryer kids and now this guy. He would have been top 12 F for sure. I HATE losing 1 point a game guy from the BCHL.
            Given what we currently know, the only way UW was getting this kid is if they didn't also get a bunch of superior players, so the options are to never recruit him at all or to lose him because they outdid themselves in recruiting.

Both give the same result, but done this way, they kept the chance for an even stronger and deeper team alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              "He cited Wisconsin already having four 2001-born forwards coming in next season".

Translation, "I don't like competition and I'm not as good as them, so I'll go somewhere else".

Not knocking him, just sayin'.
              Yeah. But it's still lame. If you're scared of a little competition at the college level how do you expect to make it against competition in the NHL.

Comment

I've got to admit, I don't recall this name.....

https://***********/ZUrdahl/status/1...110208000?s=19
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  "He cited Wisconsin already having four 2001-born forwards coming in next season".

Translation, "I don't like competition and I'm not as good as them, so I'll go somewhere else".

Not knocking him, just sayin'.
                  Here's what I don't get. He would have been a top 12 guy as a Fr. Wouldn't he WANT to practice and play WITH that kind of talent? Doesn't that make you a better player? "What a bummer, I'm on a line with Weissbach and C Caufield." Or "Darn. On the 3rd line. My linemates of Baker and Gorniak are just boat anchors." There has to be more to this than that. Is the $$$ spread too thin? Considering that the unsigned guys on the spreadsheet aren't putting up big offensive numbers makes this loss sting quite a bit.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Cauflied had 2g 1a Turcotte 1g 1a against #1 St. Cloud last night, no points for Lindmark. I think I should go to the U18 game when they play UW.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Cauflied had 2g 1a Turcotte 1g 1a against #1 St. Cloud last night, no points for Lindmark. I think I should go to the U18 game when they play UW.
                      they beat #1 St Cloud 6-4. Yeah, I might try and go to that game as well.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        they beat #1 St Cloud 6-4. Yeah, I might try and go to that game as well.
                        I was looking to get tickets to when the U18 team came to town to play the Madison Capitols.

They are in town on Fri-Sat Mar 1-2. Unfortunately they are playing at the same time as UW hosting Michigan in the last weekend of the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Curses! Foiled by my parents delayed anniversary dinner! At least my wife knew to not pick a weekend where the UW women were at home. In her defense she does not read this board (shocking I know!) and therefore did not know I was pondering on going to this game. It's really my sons' girlfriends fault this a day got picked anyway.

Comment

From Twittersphere…."Alex Turcotte is rounding into form after missing a substantial part of the season for the U18's. With his goal today, he now has points in his last 5 games (3g,3a). Here he is the catalyst, creating multiple chances and ultimately drawing a penalty for a 2-man advantage." Caulfield had 2G 1A today as well.

Comment

Zach Urdahl has been added to the spreadsheet for '20-'21.

Guess I got busy with the holidays and forgot to put it on there. I know I had planned to put him on there.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• https://***********/toddmilewski/status/1080919153895075840?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                X