X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
    And I disagree with classifying Maine as a "safety school". From what I remember JD leaving wasn't an academic issue. It was a maturity/chemistry issue. Maybe Maine is an "Island of Misfit Toys" school would be more appropriate.
    It is curious that it could not get worked out for him @ UW under the tutelage of TM2 and all the U's resources. I wish him the best. He did end up as far from WI as he could possibly get besides AK or AZ.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
      There are plenty of sources internal and external that are critical of UW teams when needed. I do not have any specific examples readily available, so you may write this off as "fake news".

I'm not sure what your second comment is geared towards, the people who write articles for the websites or the people in the comments/forums.
      If you think that the people who post anonymously on internet message boards are the people to trust, that is a very interesting take.

I also follow the UW Hockey twitter feed. They provide updates during the games of when key plans happen for either team, penalties and related power plays, and scoring for both teams. What more would you expect from them? Of course they are going to post more positive things than negative things, the account is run by "the man". I wouldn't expect the PR branch of any organization to highlight the negatives of any situation.

And I disagree with classifying Maine as a "safety school". From what I remember JD leaving wasn't an academic issue. It was a maturity/chemistry issue. Maybe Maine is an "Island of Misfit Toys" school would be more appropriate.
      My point was those regular USCHO posters who update recruiting lists, statistics and post with passionate opinions. I really didn't mention any other social media other than Buckyville, which ALSO has regular and passionate posters like this site. I'm not fake news guy, but if there's an internal publication that rips the UW like we do I'll take it back, but I was really aiming at some of the radio media who would never rip any UW athletic program. Job security!

My safety school take was sarcastic, I didnt add the winky eye, but I'll accept your "Island of misfit toys". 😎
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
        Rumored to have showed up with two black eyes, I would think it was a maturity issue.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          My point was those regular USCHO posters who update recruiting lists, statistics and post with passionate opinions. I really didn't mention any other social media other than Buckyville, which ALSO has regular and passionate posters like this site. I'm not fake news guy, but if there's an internal publication that rips the UW like we do I'll take it back, but I was really aiming at some of the radio media who would never rip any UW athletic program. Job security!

My safety school take was sarcastic, I didnt add the winky eye, but I'll accept your "Island of misfit toys". 😎
          My guess is you've never been to Maine. Yet you are an authority. All knowing. Sophomoric just a tad.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            My guess is you've never been to Maine. Yet you are an authority. All knowing. Sophomoric just a tad.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

We did a family vacation there 3 years ago, it was awesome. We'd like to go back someday, there's so much more so see, do and eat.

Comment

Dude, you need a sphincterotomy; you're WAY too tight back there. Lighten up; you must not visit this thread and obviously just want to troll. I wrote I was sarcastic and you even posted my quote!

We rip MN, MI, MI St, tOSU, etc. We rip each other and we rip the Island of Misfit Toys. If you can't take it, don't visit.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  Rumored to have showed up with two black eyes, I would think it was a maturity issue.
                  Probably a lot less chance of getting in trouble or trouble finding you there than in Madison.

Comment

We sometimes forget these are 18 and 19 year old kids trying to find their way. Guys like Greenway and Ford just take a bit longer to mature. I wish him the best.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

We sometimes forget these are 18 and 19 year old kids trying to find their way. Guys like Greenway and Ford just take a bit longer to mature. I wish him the best.
                      Yes, very true.

Comment

You guys are tough. I live in Wisco, former MN guy, kiddo plays D1 out East. The recruits you guys have coming in are completely legit and will make an immediate impact. Tony will do fine when he gets all "his" guys into the system. Don't burn your season tics yet....As for football, been taking a beating for days from my MN friends. Thanks Chrytsy....

Comment

Originally posted by IronRange View Post
                          You guys are tough. I live in Wisco, former MN guy, kiddo plays D1 out East. The recruits you guys have coming in are completely legit and will make an immediate impact. Tony will do fine when he gets all "his" guys into the system. Don't burn your season tics yet....As for football, been taking a beating for days from my MN friends. Thanks Chrytsy....
                          Thanks Ranger, we DO need somebody to talk us off of the ledge. Yes were tough, but most of us grew up with this program winning and it's been a while.

BTW; congrats on Junior Ranger playing D-1. Must be proud!

Comment

Cam York to Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              Cam York to Michigan
                              The rich get richer. If Hughes stays and his brother comes in lookout.
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Cam York to Michigan
                                I wonder how often our coaches contacted him?

Comment

Working...
                                X