Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Was anyone else happy to see such lousy attendance for this outdoor game? I was really surprised to see how little of the stadium was occupied, especially when the weather seemed to be pretty good.
    The charitable interpretation is that outdoor games are a bit played out, especially in the shadow of the Winter Classic days earlier; Michigan fans, in particular, have been there and done that, and with the luster of an outdoor game worn off, they can always go see the hockey team play somewhere else that's more comfortable, with better sightlines.

The darker interpretation is that demand for college hockey is reduced everywhere. One of those "more comfortable" places is LCA, where I took all three daughters Monday, having a splendid time for $15 a ticket. In the lower bowl. Because there wasn't enough demand to even consider seating people in the upper deck. I'm going to Michigan-Minnesota in a few weeks with 8 guys from my church--we got 9 tickets together with no difficulty whatsoever, at Mariucci.

Just anecdotes, of course, but college hockey is not at its highest ebb right now.

/lurk
    Jesus Saves

Comment

Josh Norris OUT FOR THE SEASON!

"It's disappointing to have my season end and I'm going to miss being on the ice with my teammates every day, but it's something that I have to take care of," Norris said. "I am looking forward to working hard during rehab and am excited to get back on the ice. I'm going to be here supporting my teammates throughout the rest of the season and wish them the best of luck."

Full story at:
      https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...is-Out-For.php
      Last edited by JoeZ; 01-17-2019, 10:14 AM.
      Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
      Row 1
      Seats 6 & 7
      Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Quote says nothing about coming back.

Comment

https://mgoblue.com/news/2019/1/17/i...of-season.aspx

Seems that everyone is releasing the same text....

But it also reads that the surgery will end his season, which sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            https://mgoblue.com/news/2019/1/17/i...of-season.aspxBut it also reads that the surgery will end his season, which sucks.
            The part that really has me scratching my head is that the injury occurred during the WJH Tourney. That ended two weeks ago. Why are they just now finding our he will need surgery? It seems to me they should have had that figured out a couple weeks ago and had the surgery by now.
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
              The part that really has me scratching my head is that the injury occurred during the WJH Tourney. That ended two weeks ago. Why are they just now finding our he will need surgery? It seems to me they should have had that figured out a couple weeks ago and had the surgery by now.
              Me, too, as I thought he played against OSU. But now looking at the box score, I see that he did not.

They must have been hoping that rehab would have been enough, but enough time showed that it did not improve.

Comment

B1G is off their rocker for next Saturday.

Illinois-Maryland basketball paired with Michigan-PSU hockey. That'll draw numbers.

They just don't wanna admit (another) hockey-related failure. The one in 2016 was cool because you had two schools facing off in two sports. Problem is is no one wants to give up any home games or home game revenue.
                ---
                National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                19 Conference Championships
                10 Conference Tournament Championships
                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                  B1G is off their rocker for next Saturday.

Illinois-Maryland basketball paired with Michigan-PSU hockey. That'll draw numbers.

They just don't wanna admit (another) hockey-related failure. The one in 2016 was cool because you had two schools facing off in two sports. Problem is is no one wants to give up any home games or home game revenue.
                  Maryland has plenty of b-ball fans. I'm not sure how many are in or willing to go to NYC for a game.

I've already seen my college hockey game at MSG. No need for me to go back.

I love the college venues and wish they'd stop with these gimmicks. Also, Thursday night hockey is weird.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Maryland has plenty of b-ball fans. I'm not sure how many are in or willing to go to NYC for a game.
                    I would guess they are counting on the fans in the NYC area attending. However few there might be they would be in addition, however small, to the hockey fans.

I love the college venues and wish they'd stop with these gimmicks. Also, Thursday night hockey is weird.
                    AMEN!!!!!

IMHO attendance is down all over and they are trying whatever comes to mind to try and fill a few more seats. That said I think it is backfiring on them.
                    Row 1
                    Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Hockey tonight. I'm excited.

Hubby and I missed the last 2 home games because I was sick and he didn't want to go alone. He's paid for BTN+ so we still got to watch the games. The Merrimack game was interesting because they just used the big screen feed. We got to see all the promos, hero of the game, and see the alumni band. During one of the intermissions we watched as a staff person gave a pregnant woman a whole bunch of Michigan baby stuff. How do I get in on that? My parasite needs Michigan gear!

Any predictions for tonight? Back in November at State College we earned a split (PSU's win coming in overtime). PSU has lost 3 of their last 4 (a sweep by OSU and a split vs. MSU)...can we help them continue their losing streak?

Every conference point we can get is important as spots 2-7 in the conference are separated by just 4 points, with Michigan just 1 point ahead of last place PSU and Sconnie.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I'd like to be optimistic when I hear the players say that they know what they need to do. Especially since this time last year is when they really picked up on that and made a run all the way to the frozen four.

But I don't make predictions anymore- as it just makes bigger expectations. I just want to see good hockey.

Comment

Well that was fun.

I especially enjoyed when our announcer friend wasn't able to get the goal announced before another was scored. "Let's try this again"

Those are the results we should have against teams we are supposed to be better than. Hopefully it can be followed up with a win at MSG.
                          Anyone else find the "New York, New York" sing-along that marketing decided to play annoying? I may have been making up lyrics like: "start singing the blues, we gave up a home game, I'd rather be playing it right here at Yost"

Arenas visited:

Comment

Hey look, I recovered my password.

Well that was fun.
                            Yes, it was.

wT, Congrats on the parasite, BTW.
                            Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Well that was fun.

I especially enjoyed when our announcer friend wasn't able to get the goal announced before another was scored. "Let's try this again"

Those are the results we should have against teams we are supposed to be better than. Hopefully it can be followed up with a win at MSG.
                              Anyone else find the "New York, New York" sing-along that marketing decided to play annoying? I may have been making up lyrics like: "start singing the blues, we gave up a home game, I'd rather be playing it right here at Yost"
                              Wish we were there, but between it being a work night game, and one of us not feeling all that great- we decided to bail. For some reason, we don't have much an attachment to this team, which I put onto our shoulders for missing so many games.

Oh, and congrats on the parasite, as well! I'll make the excuse that we stayed home just for you...

Comment

AND then before he got the 2nd goal announced there was a third!

What was it? 50 seconds between the 3?

There have been too many split weekends this season. We sure could use the broom tonight.
                                Last edited by JoeZ; 01-26-2019, 10:59 AM.
                                Row 1
                                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Working...
                                X