X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

TO EVERYONE AND ANYONE COMING IN TO YOST FROM THE SOUTH
    WE'RE GETTING SCREWED!

Starting Monday Nov. 26 and lasting until Feb. 1 State Street from Stimson St. to Granger St. will be COMPLETELY CLOSED!

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...ltr_strybutton
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
      WE'RE GETTING SCREWED!

Starting Monday Nov. 26 and lasting until Feb. 1 State Street from Stimson St. to Granger St. will be COMPLETELY CLOSED!

Certainly be walking to games. The traffic will be horrific. Really bad for commuters across town.

Comment

WE'RE GETTING SCREWED!

Yuck. As someone that takes Packard into town from the East, that will be awful. Both my usual route and my alternate route will be effected (thanks to detours).

With the way the hockey schedule is this year, by the time this construction starts, our home games will be half over. If they finish on time, only 5 home games will be effected. Two of which are on terrible nights: Tuesday 1/8 vs. Merrimack, and a Thursday night vs. Penn State. Good luck getting anyone to show up on time (or at all) to that Tuesday night game with the added construction headache.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          Yuck. As someone that takes Packard into town from the East, that will be awful. Both my usual route and my alternate route will be effected (thanks to detours).

With the way the hockey schedule is this year, by the time this construction starts, our home games will be half over. If they finish on time, only 5 home games will be effected.
          I was looking at the schedule earlier today and we are (counting the 2 exhibition games) at exactly the half way point. We have as many games played as we have yet to play. Tonight starts the 2nd half.
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

I saw my first 3 on 3 2nd overtime last night. It wasn't bad especially considering we scored on it for the "W".
            I have been saying for a long time that an OT following a tie after regulation should be 4 on 4. Even though the first OT was 5 on 5 from what I saw in the abbreviated 3 on 3 2nd OT it only reinforced the 4 on 4 idea for the first OT.
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Home and home vs. Sparty this weekend. Who is going to which games?

Hubby and I are just going to the one at Yost. Looking forward to seeing my uncle (even if he is a Spartan) at the game Saturday. My workplace also put together a group that's going to Saturday's game. I declined as I was hoping to be in the band (had the marching band had somewhere better to be this weekend), and instead will be in my usual seat.

Any scouting reports on the boys from East Lansing? I'm hoping for a sweep. I'm sick of ties and split weekends. We need to string a couple of wins together, and I'm hoping this is the weekend for it.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

We'll just be at the Saturday game, too- and should be watching you guys between periods, too.

It's interesting how we are almost exactly .500, and can't really sweep a weekend. The team sees it, but just can't get over that hump.

Comment

Wife and I will be at both games. Time to have both offense and defense come together for two good games. Sweep time!
                  The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Home and home vs. Sparty this weekend. Who is going to which games?
                    Friday I'll be checking in via radio. Saturday I'll be where I have been for all the home games for the last 25 years. At the blue line across from the home bench on the glass.
                    Row 1
                    Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Any scouting reports on the boys from East Lansing? I'm hoping for a sweep. I'm sick of ties and split weekends. We need to string a couple of wins together, and I'm hoping this is the weekend for it.
                      The record doesn’t show it but we’re better than we have been in quite a while. Goaltending can be inconsistent and if you shut down our top line of Khodorenko-Hirose-Lewandowski you have a good chance of winning. Pretty dang good top line, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                        The record doesn’t show it but we’re better than we have been in quite a while. Goaltending can be inconsistent and if you shut down our top line of Khodorenko-Hirose-Lewandowski you have a good chance of winning. Pretty dang good top line, though.
                        So the odds of yet another split for us is pretty good, then....

Comment

That was very much a horseshoe and handgranede game. Lots of being close to scoring, but none of that counts. It was also not great to see how many really good chances MSU had to score... There was a lot of coulda, woulda, shoulda left on the ice last night, given up for a measly 1 and 2 points.

Comment

Friday I'll be checking in via radio. Saturday I'll be where I have been for all the home games for the last 25 years. At the blue line across from the home bench on the glass.
                            We listened to Friday's game via radio....but we listened to the Spartan Sports Network broadcast.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            That was very much a horseshoe and handgranede game. Lots of being close to scoring, but none of that counts. It was also not great to see how many really good chances MSU had to score... There was a lot of coulda, woulda, shoulda left on the ice last night, given up for a measly 1 and 2 points.
                            This assessment sounds right. Lots of chances, just very few that were buried. Tough to come out of that weekend with just 1 point. DeRitter did a good job in net for State Saturday night.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Hey... do you guys have a teddy bear toss or anything that might be happening this weekend? I’d pick up some things if there were something going on, you know, for the kids...
                              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                                Hey... do you guys have a teddy bear toss or anything that might be happening this weekend? I’d pick up some things if there were something going on, you know, for the kids...
                                Not a Teddy Bear toss anymore, but a chuck a puck, and you get a puck by donating toys. https://mgoblue.com/sports/2017/6/16...ions-html.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X