Michigan wolverines 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

So to confirm what wT posted- the construction is over, State St is fully open. Just drove through there.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      So to confirm what wT posted- the construction is over, State St is fully open. Just drove through there.
      Thanks Alfa, that must have been a pain for everyone up there. Glad there won't be any delays!

Comment

Staying on that tangent, I'd like to get in on that conversation....
        Well if you want to have that conversation sometimes I get back up in the spring for some of the softball games and I wear Maize & Blue then so I won't be as embarrassing to be seen with. LOL!
        Plus I hear Satchel's BBQ opened a new location downtown which has BEER.

Comment

For most of that game, I had a bad feeling- which kind turned around at the end of the second, but I didn't think we started the third all that well.

Man, that ended well. A gutsy late goal that drew a penalty, and a not quite PP goal to end the game. Whew.

Comment

Congrats. Hard for me to watch the end.
            I thought OSU looked better overall but Michigan is a dangerous team that can capitalize on any opportunity given them.
            It really hurt Ohio State not having Joshua.
            Couldn't be there in person tonight but I will see you there tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              I wonder if Yost will ever sell adult beverages
              That, for now, is up to the Michigan Legislature. State law prohibits on campus sales. When there is a big special event, like "The Big Chill" or "Champions Cup" soccer the legislature has to pass and the Governor sign a law temporarily allowing it. You would think they would find a way to amend the law so they wouldn't have to jump through those hoops. It's not like they don't have anything better to do.
              Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
              Row 1
              Seats 6 & 7
              Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                That, for now, is up to the Michigan Legislature. State law prohibits on campus sales. When there is a big special event, like "The Big Chill" or "Champions Cup" soccer the legislature has to pass and the Governor sign a law temporarily allowing it. You would think they would find a way to amend the law so they wouldn't have to jump through those hoops. It's not like they don't have anything better to do.
                Thanks Joe, was not aware that it wasn't in the school's hands.
                Not only does OSU have beer sales but liquor and wine as well. I think they live by the "anything to make a buck" philosophy.
                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-23-2019, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Not only does OSU have beer sales but liquor and wine as well. I think they live by the "anything to make a buck" philosophy.
                  Can you just imagine how much U-M would take in if it was allowed in "The Big House"?
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                    Can you just imagine how much U-M would take in if it was allowed in "The Big House"?
                    You would think that initially but most football fans are pretty well full of beer from tailgating before hand. Not that there's always room for more!

Comment

I should be more specific, at Ohio State the Horseshoe has beer, hockey & basketball have the full bar.

Comment

Not that there's always room for more!
                        That's why God gave us urinals.

I'm still at a loss for why mosquitoes however.
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7

Comment

HEY brother and sister SEASON TICKET HOLDERS.
                          Did I miss it?
                          How is the ticket office going to handle ticket sales should we hang on and have home ice for the B1G playoffs?
                          Right now home ice is certainly a possibility. Another win tonight and it is very likely, at least for the first round and the second round not out of the question.
                          Will season ticket holders be able to keep their seats for the playoffs?
                          I fully understand there will be a very sort time frame before that becoming official and the games commence.
                          But I would think they should be able to do something like a one day (Sunday?) online opportunity before they open sales up to the general public.
                          They COULD even do it now like they do for football and bowl games.
                          Row 1
                          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Joe, we missed it. Apparently there was an email about tickets should we have home ice. Mine was in my spam folder and I didn't know until alfa mentioned it to me at the game last night. Deadline was Sunday the 17th. My seat mate also missed the deadline. I'm sure it won't sell out, but I would like my seat if I can have it
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

So that game sucked.

First, how in the world did we get the extra penalty for every scrum after both 5 min penalties???

But even with that, we didn't deserve to win that- when we had the chance, there was no sense of urgency, no real push to score, nothing. The first OT was spend entirely in our zone less the last few seconds were we were gifted a penalty- which Lockwood promptly gave back. And we should have gotten an interference during the 3 on 3 when our guy was prevented to get into their zone.

Terrible. Perhaps it was ok to miss the deadline to get the playoff tickets. We probably won't get 4th anyway.

Comment

Perhaps it was ok to miss the deadline to get the playoff tickets. We probably won't get 4th anyway.
                                4 teams are vying for the 3 home ice slots
                                Minnesota is in 2nd with 36 points
                                We are 3rd with 34
                                ND is 4th with 34, I am assuming we have the tiebreaker since that is the way they are listed
                                PSU is 5th with 32

Minnesota has finished their conference schedule so they will end with 36 points
                                ND and PSU are playing a pair in South Bend so one of them will go down or, worst case for us, a split
                                We will be in Madison for a pair.
                                I think our chances are pretty good to be playing in Yost 2 weeks from now.
                                Row 1
                                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Working...
                                X