X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan Hockey Offseason, or How to Kill T-minus 4 months

There is always this .

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As some guy last October mused, we've settled on MunnSters for the new name of the student section. Long may it live .

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6543608
    Last edited by owslachief; 07-02-2018, 10:48 PM.

Re: Spartan Hockey Offseason, or How to Kill T-minus 4 months

Anyone want to split a season ticket? I would want Fridays and would need someone else to take Saturdays. Message me if interested.

Comment

New, or rather permanent Athletic Director announced today. What say you all?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        New, or rather permanent Athletic Director announced today. What say you all?
        Interesting choice since he has no athletic background. However, he has a good reputation and has the full support of Dantonio and Izzo.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
          Interesting choice since he has no athletic background. However, he has a good reputation and has the full support of Dantonio and Izzo.
          Would you ever expect Dantonio and Izzo to not offer full support to their new boss?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
            Would you ever expect Dantonio and Izzo to not offer full support to their new boss?
            I suppose you are right. I don’t know much about this guy except he doesn’t have any athletic department experience. That doesn’t really bother or concern me. How hard can it be? All Hollis did was schmooze, go to college basketball games all over the place and not search for a new hockey coach.

Comment

Congrats to incoming sophomore D Tommy Miller for making the USA hockey World Junior Showcase camp roster for Team Blue. If he survives the Aug 1 cut, he'll represent in team USA's final roster in the showcase.

Comment

Summer update
                http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...072518aab.html

Comment

Ah excellent! A lot of good info in there. I feel like we never get even a morsel of news out of hockey for months(unless it’s bad news) so this is welcome.

Looks like we’re safe as far as keeping the KHL line intact. I agree with Koepke that they should be one of the best lines in the country.

It also seems there may be no attrition this offseason. I’m honestly surprised as it seems to be a crowded roster.

I did not know that they bailed on eliminating shootouts. I can take SO’s or leave them. What I do not like are the OT timeouts. All those will serve to do is delay games further as now both coaches will probably feel compelled to use a TO in the 5 min span of overtime, often to rest tirednplayers. Dumb.

Comment

So how does the new rule work for the extra skater? Did it increase the total number of players you can dress every game? Or just change the way you can configure your roster?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                      Ah excellent! A lot of good info in there. I feel like we never get even a morsel of news out of hockey for months(unless it’s bad news) so this is welcome.

Looks like we’re safe as far as keeping the KHL line intact. I agree with Koepke that they should be one of the best lines in the country.

It also seems there may be no attrition this offseason. I’m honestly surprised as it seems to be a crowded roster.

I did not know that they bailed on eliminating shootouts. I can take SO’s or leave them. What I do not like are the OT timeouts. All those will serve to do is delay games further as now both coaches will probably feel compelled to use a TO in the 5 min span of overtime, often to rest tirednplayers. Dumb.
                      I agree with the last part. Majority of the time the TO in regulation is in closing minutes of the game. Then you have the short break before OT begins. Then you get a potential TO in the next 5. So, I'd say keep the extra TO for the 20-minute OT's only. OK, that's a lot of T's and O's

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                        I agree with the last part. Majority of the time the TO in regulation is in closing minutes of the game. Then you have the short break before OT begins. Then you get a potential TO in the next 5. So, I'd say keep the extra TO for the 20-minute OT's only. OK, that's a lot of T's and O's
                        I have a specific negative experience related to this. I was in my dorm several years ago ready for an NCAA tournament game to come on ESPN or whichever channel. It was NoDak vs. somebody. But before hockey, a Lacross game was televised. It went into overtime so it began to run into hockey’s timeslot. In Lacross each team gets a timeout every OT period so the first possession each team got in OT they’d call a timeout and it would go to commercial. So, several OT’s and more than a dozen timeouts later, the game finally ends and they switch to hockey with 9 minutes remaining in the 2nd period.

I’ve hated Lacross and timeouts ever since.
                        Last edited by Pirateasaur; 07-27-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                          So how does the new rule work for the extra skater? Did it increase the total number of players you can dress every game? Or just change the way you can configure your roster?
                          Teams get to dress and play an extra player. Most will probably dress an extra forward to be used in case of an injury or game dq.

Comment

Teams get to dress and play an extra player. Most will probably dress an extra forward to be used in case of an injury or game dq.
                            Thanks for the clarification! I guess looking back at the article I don't know why I was confused in the first place.. Must be getting old!

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                              Thanks for the clarification! I guess looking back at the article I don't know why I was confused in the first place.. Must be getting old!
                              Must be going around!

Comment

Working...
                              X