PDA

View Full Version : comcast dropping big ten network in non big ten states

Pages : 1 [2]

Russell Jaslow
04-20-2018, 07:23 AM
Got a patio that faces the South/West? You can easily install a dish on a stand on the patio, just weigh it down so the wind doesn't move it. Last apartment complex I was in was dead set against residents having satellite TV *unless* (and this was in the fine print) it was mounted on a free-standing pole not physically affixed to the building or deck.

Also saw a setup in a different complex a friend was in where people who had south facing large picture windows, and no balcony, mounted the dish inside the apartment facing out the window.

I've been reading that satellite installers themselves are now reluctant to affix dishes to buildings, even if you own the house. One reason is once you install a dish on your roof, you can (usually) never take it down because it will leave holes in your roof. (When I left DISH, the satellite dish remained on my roof until I had the roof redone. At that point, the roofer took the dish down and disposed of it for me.) They are now strongly suggesting you install a dish on a free standing pole, and affix the pole in the ground.

Tipsy McStagger
04-21-2018, 08:29 PM
I've been reading that satellite installers themselves are now reluctant to affix dishes to buildings, even if you own the house. One reason is once you install a dish on your roof, you can (usually) never take it down because it will leave holes in your roof. (When I left DISH, the satellite dish remained on my roof until I had the roof redone. At that point, the roofer took the dish down and disposed of it for me.) They are now strongly suggesting you install a dish on a free standing pole, and affix the pole in the ground.

I live in a townhouse. I put a DirecTV dish on my roof and I had to buy a special mounting bracket or something. You are right, it will damage the roof.

The Rube
04-22-2018, 11:35 AM
I live in a townhouse. I put a DirecTV dish on my roof and I had to buy a special mounting bracket or something. You are right, it will damage the roof.

And that is why in an apt complex, you would lose the deposit, to fix that damage. There have been lawsuits about this issue. Technology is always a mess.

joecct
04-23-2018, 09:38 AM
And that is why in an apt complex, you would lose the deposit, to fix that damage. There have been lawsuits about this issue. Technology is always a mess.

Should apartments facing south & west charge more for rent??

Russell Jaslow
04-24-2018, 07:41 AM
Should apartments facing south & west charge more for rent??

Why not? Some charge more for a view. Supply and demand. Simple economics...

The Rube
04-24-2018, 08:04 AM

I pay a little more than other 1 BR apts, since I have vaulted ceilings.

mookie1995
04-24-2018, 08:13 AM
Mookie would pay extra for bjs

FlagDUDE08
04-25-2018, 02:56 PM

Of course, they already have to pay more for running an AC unit in the summer, compared to those with northern exposures...