Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    He's a State Champion, has an Elite Prospects profile, and a good backstory. So, maybe?

Needs a couple years of seasoning in junior hockey though.
    My guess is if he does play D1, Tech would be his first choice if they want him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

What is the deal with the skunk heads stealing Tech's pep band songs??? What, our recruits aren't enough?

Comment

Just watched Notre Dame beat U of M with 5 seconds left on ESPN2. The announcers mentioned Michigan Tech when they panned to a stunned U of M fan. I didn't realize that ND has never a national championship in hockey. So it'll be UMD vs ND on Saturday night. I'll be rooting for UMD...
        "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
        Abe Lincoln

Comment

Here's hoping the gold domers finish this off so at least Tech can say they were eliminated by the best team in the country 2 years in a row.
          They sure have some puck luck!

It is still painful to watch their game winning highlight against MTU.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          Last edited by rustedblades; 04-05-2018, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
            It is still painful to watch their game winning highlight against MTU.
            That will be s lingering pain for a long time.

At least until 2019 when Tech gets their next NCAA tournament win.

Comment

It brought joy to me to see marv and his ****ty team choke within the last 5 seconds. **** him. **** them. Go Tech.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                What is the deal with the skunk heads stealing Tech's pep band songs??? What, our recruits aren't enough?
                What song did they steal?

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  It brought joy to me to see marv and his ****ty team choke within the last 5 seconds. **** him. **** them. Go Tech.
                  My feelings exactly.
                  2005-2006: 7-25-6
                  2006-2007: 18-17-5
                  2007-2008: 14-20-5
                  2008-2009: 6-25-7
                  2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

My "Hail to the Chokers" count was up to 18 by the end of the game. I didn't keep track, but I'm sure "Let's go Blue" was also easily double digits considering I couldn't maintain an accurate count when the game was at commercial breaks.
                    Typical big school band - "Let's play the three things we know at least a dozen times each and that should be good enough..."
                    Ryan
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Only would have been better to see Marv and the Skunks lose in OT to Duluth in the championship game AGAIN... you know, for the symmetry.
                      Ryan
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        My "Hail to the Chokers" count was up to 18 by the end of the game. I didn't keep track, but I'm sure "Let's go Blue" was also easily double digits considering I couldn't maintain an accurate count when the game was at commercial breaks.
                        Typical big school band - "Let's play the three things we know at least a dozen times each and that should be good enough..."
                        Ryan
                        Any school that has a fight song that is taught to third-graders on plastic recorders has no basis to brag about their pep band.

Comment

Only would have been better to see Marv and the Skunks lose in OT to Duluth in the championship game AGAIN... you know, for the symmetry.
                          Ryan
                          nope, can't root for UMD, their fans arrogance is getting close to exceeding all other fanbases...
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Ryan
                            They have the same philosophy as BGSU's Pep Band. They play 3 songs over and over again.

Comment

I don't know the names. It the hollow drum cadence that we end with "go tech!" The one they play for a long time at the beginning of periods. Also thanking the announcer for the 1 minute left announcement. A couple other thing were eerily similar also. I heard the "Heaven there is no beer song" also but that may have been another band. I never been to a UM game so I don't know what they normally do, but it struck a nerve for me as a tech fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                                I don't know the names. It the hollow drum cadence that we end with "go tech!" The one they play for a long time at the beginning of periods. Also thanking the announcer for the 1 minute left announcement. A couple other thing were eerily similar also. I heard the "Heaven there is no beer song" also but that may have been another band. I never been to a UM game so I don't know what they normally do, but it struck a nerve for me as a tech fan.
                                The 1 Minute Left thing is universal. Oftentimes, the MN guy will even respond to the crowd after the "Thank you!"
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X