PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Huskiefan906
04-04-2018, 07:59 PM
Is there another Pheonix or Jamie ready. Is Pietila the real deal. I am a bit surprised at the signing as he will be dueling it out with Beydoun for #1 his senior year.
I really don't mind if all 3 play, but I would really prefer to have a solid #1 next year. Munson played lights out, rebound control, confidence, square to the puck in the playoffs were so remarkably improved from the season.
I think he goes in as #1 on the depth chart, will be interesting to hear the next coaches show for insight.

Scrum Bucket
04-05-2018, 02:27 AM
My concern with Packy is his nonchalance. He seems to be caught off guard and out of position at times. Maybe that is a maturity thing, maybe I just don't know squat about goalies...but that's what it looks like to me.....it sounded like even Joe was a little concerned about his maturity when he talked about Packys practices before the regional...

Lost_Husky
04-05-2018, 09:24 AM
My concern with Packy is his nonchalance. He seems to be caught off guard and out of position at times. Maybe that is a maturity thing, maybe I just don't know squat about goalies...but that's what it looks like to me.....it sounded like even Joe was a little concerned about his maturity when he talked about Packys practices before the regional...

We need to see what Packy brings next year. Maybe the puck looks huge to him, he comfortable, and has "figured it out"? With this signing and if Robbie improves this off season, he (Packy) is going to have to fight for the net minder job.

Credit to Joe and Staff for bringing in quality recruits.

Hahaha! The Marv joke is funny! :D

huskyfan
04-05-2018, 02:38 PM
any thoughts that Dawson Kero, goaltender, might be coming to Tech in a few years?

FadeToBlack&Gold
04-05-2018, 07:14 PM
any thoughts that Dawson Kero, goaltender, might be coming to Tech in a few years?

He's a State Champion, has an Elite Prospects profile, and a good backstory (http://www.mininggazette.com/sports/local-sports/2017/11/hancocks-dawson-kero-overcame-a-tumor-in-his-spine-to-become-a-state-champion/). So, maybe?

Needs a couple years of seasoning in junior hockey though.

MTUHuskies
04-05-2018, 07:16 PM
He's a State Champion, has an Elite Prospects profile, and a good backstory (http://www.mininggazette.com/sports/local-sports/2017/11/hancocks-dawson-kero-overcame-a-tumor-in-his-spine-to-become-a-state-champion/). So, maybe?

Needs a couple years of seasoning in junior hockey though.My guess is if he does play D1, Tech would be his first choice if they want him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Scrum Bucket
04-05-2018, 08:56 PM
What is the deal with the skunk heads stealing Tech's pep band songs??? What, our recruits aren't enough?

Burnt Orange Husky
04-05-2018, 11:29 PM
Just watched Notre Dame beat U of M with 5 seconds left on ESPN2. The announcers mentioned Michigan Tech when they panned to a stunned U of M fan. I didn't realize that ND has never a national championship in hockey. So it'll be UMD vs ND on Saturday night. I'll be rooting for UMD...

rustedblades
04-05-2018, 11:30 PM
Here's hoping the gold domers finish this off so at least Tech can say they were eliminated by the best team in the country 2 years in a row.
They sure have some puck luck!

It is still painful to watch their game winning highlight against MTU.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MTUHuskies
04-05-2018, 11:48 PM
It is still painful to watch their game winning highlight against MTU.

That will be s lingering pain for a long time.

At least until 2019 when Tech gets their next NCAA tournament win.

bigblue_dl
04-06-2018, 12:26 AM
It brought joy to me to see marv and his ****ty team choke within the last 5 seconds. **** him. **** them. Go Tech.

Lost_Husky
04-06-2018, 07:44 AM
What is the deal with the skunk heads stealing Tech's pep band songs??? What, our recruits aren't enough?

What song did they steal?

bose301s
04-06-2018, 08:58 AM
It brought joy to me to see marv and his ****ty team choke within the last 5 seconds. **** him. **** them. Go Tech.

My feelings exactly.

JohnsonsJerseys
04-06-2018, 11:18 AM
My "Hail to the Chokers" count was up to 18 by the end of the game. I didn't keep track, but I'm sure "Let's go Blue" was also easily double digits considering I couldn't maintain an accurate count when the game was at commercial breaks.
Typical big school band - "Let's play the three things we know at least a dozen times each and that should be good enough..."
Ryan

JohnsonsJerseys
04-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Only would have been better to see Marv and the Skunks lose in OT to Duluth in the championship game AGAIN... you know, for the symmetry.
Ryan

MTUHuskies
04-06-2018, 11:21 AM
My "Hail to the Chokers" count was up to 18 by the end of the game. I didn't keep track, but I'm sure "Let's go Blue" was also easily double digits considering I couldn't maintain an accurate count when the game was at commercial breaks.
Typical big school band - "Let's play the three things we know at least a dozen times each and that should be good enough..."
RyanAny school that has a fight song that is taught to third-graders on plastic recorders has no basis to brag about their pep band.

Shirtless Guy
04-06-2018, 11:29 AM
Only would have been better to see Marv and the Skunks lose in OT to Duluth in the championship game AGAIN... you know, for the symmetry.
Ryan

nope, can't root for UMD, their fans arrogance is getting close to exceeding all other fanbases...

Lost_Husky
04-06-2018, 12:16 PM
Ryan

They have the same philosophy as BGSU's Pep Band. They play 3 songs over and over again.

Scrum Bucket
04-06-2018, 12:37 PM
I don't know the names. It the hollow drum cadence that we end with "go tech!" The one they play for a long time at the beginning of periods. Also thanking the announcer for the 1 minute left announcement. A couple other thing were eerily similar also. I heard the "Heaven there is no beer song" also but that may have been another band. I never been to a UM game so I don't know what they normally do, but it struck a nerve for me as a tech fan.

The Rube
04-06-2018, 12:41 PM
I don't know the names. It the hollow drum cadence that we end with "go tech!" The one they play for a long time at the beginning of periods. Also thanking the announcer for the 1 minute left announcement. A couple other thing were eerily similar also. I heard the "Heaven there is no beer song" also but that may have been another band. I never been to a UM game so I don't know what they normally do, but it struck a nerve for me as a tech fan.

The 1 Minute Left thing is universal. Oftentimes, the MN guy will even respond to the crowd after the "Thank you!"