Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Got my seats for the UMD series. Looking forward to visiting. This team is going to go far.

Season Goals:
    Defeat UM in Detroit
    GLI Title
    Ruin Hockey Day in Minnesota
    WCHA MacNaughton
    WCHA Jeff Sauer Trophy
    NCAA Tournament Bid or Auto Bid
    Frozen Four Appearance
    Frozen Four Title Game
    Frozen Four Hardware

Cannot wait to enjoy the season and see which goals are achieved and which ones are attempted.

Copper Country Strong
    Last edited by Huskiefan906; 08-05-2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Hancock Central star Alex Nordstrom has signed with the Grande Prairie Storm (AJHL). He has three years of junior eligibility, and if it turns out he's good enough to play Division I, it seems unlikely he would choose another school over Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
        Hancock Central star Alex Nordstrom has signed with the Grande Prairie Storm (AJHL). He has three years of junior eligibility, and if it turns out he's good enough to play Division I, it seems unlikely he would choose another school over Tech.
        I've always wondered this, but there must be a process for him to transfer into a Canadian high school for his senior year?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I've always wondered this, but there must be a process for him to transfer into a Canadian high school for his senior year?

most likely online and then graduate from Hancock in the spring
          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Alright, Tech Hockey Guide is getting ready to ramp back up because we’re getting close(ish) to hockey season. What do you guys want to see from us this year? Either before season starts or throughout the year?

As always we’re looking for more help on the writing side of things.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              Alright, Tech Hockey Guide is getting ready to ramp back up because we’re getting close(ish) to hockey season. What do you guys want to see from us this year? Either before season starts or throughout the year?
              I want a story about how the Huskies will feel when swept by UAH.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Ok all you ME 's out there. Here's an opportunity.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu6n8XIEPN8
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I know the video is a bit dated, but I love how it starts with an interview of an engineer from Level 5 Racing.
                  What It Takes To Be a Race Engineer? Well, try avoid working for a convicted felon if at all possible.

For those not familiar with racing, Level 5 is infamous because its owner (and driver) Scott Tucker, paid for his race team with profits from payday lending scams (charging interest rates as high as 1000%, no not a typo) and was eventually fined over $1.2 billion (that's also not a typo). The government seized all of the team's assets and auctioned them off to pay a portion of the fines. Earlier this year, Tucker was sentenced to 16.5 years in prison.

Ryan J
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

For those that want to know more on Scott Tucker and have Netflix. One of the episodes on dirty money is about him (episode 2). It’s a great series covering Volkswagen cheating on clean diesel, drug companies taking advantage of consumers, a bank laundering for the cartel, Canada’s strategic maple syrup reserve and Donald’s Trump.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I know, but who would have thought 25 years ago that someone could make a really good living as an engineer in racing. There were maybe 5 guys doing it. Now days with all the CFD out there and the complexity of race cars, even what used to be routine sedans, racing is a viable career and a really interesting one too.
                      Almost every F 1600 team has an engineer and on up from there. The pay for a basic engineer in a small time series like that is about 300 dollars per day plus expenses.
                      During the Detroit GP I was watching even the small team's engineers working on the cars and making tweaks, and I know one rather lousy engineer who made a living working for Chrysler as an engineer on the Lambo engined F 1 cars.

Comment

https://jalopnik.com/level-5-motorsp...ion-1794329480

Comment

Summer life is full on, winter around the corner. Got tix for UMD series opener Fri/Sat. Section G both nights, row 7 on Friday and row 10 on Saturday. Saw this section is on the east wall side and FAR FAR away from Beer. First off, are these good seats from your experiences? And two, does MTU allow ticket holders to re-draw for different section tix? Thanks.
                          The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

There really are no bad seats in the Mac. Sec. G will see MUD shooting twice. I'd like Row 10 a little better because it's a little higher and you will see the far end better. Row 7 is concourse level. Beer is only about 250' away. I think you'll be OK
                            Originally posted by walktheline View Post
                            Summer life is full on, winter around the corner. Got tix for UMD series opener Fri/Sat. Section G both nights, row 7 on Friday and row 10 on Saturday. Saw this section is on the east wall side and FAR FAR away from Beer. First off, are these good seats from your experiences? And two, does MTU allow ticket holders to re-draw for different section tix? Thanks.
                            Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                              There really are no bad seats in the Mac. Sec. G will see MUD shooting twice. I'd like Row 10 a little better because it's a little higher and you will see the far end better. Row 7 is concourse level. Beer is only about 250' away. I think you'll be OK

Is there a restroom between Point A and Point B? One could drain the tank before refilling.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Is there a restroom between Point A and Point B? One could drain the tank before refilling.
                                Two. One right below Sec. G and one behind Sec. B near University Images. There are even two for the gals too [emoji6]

Comment

Working...
                                X