Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    What a joke. Why even have an outdoor game then?
    A hook to get Bemidji fans to buy season tickets. STHs get first crack at outdoor game tickets.
    At least Fox is covering two boys HS games live...

Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      That last line is extremely disappointing...would have been great exposure for both programs in Minnesota...won’t be on Lakeland either?
      Won't be on Lakeland PBS either. Last year was contract renewal year for that TV contract and BSU set the fee pretty high that Lakeland PBS couldn't make it work financially. BSU's argument was that the home games being shown on free Over The Air TV was causing the low attendance numbers. I haven't looked at the final numbers, but I don't think it helped attendance at all by not having them on TV.

Last year FoxSportsNorth covered games from other D-I teams in Minnesota and UND. The Beavers were the only Men's program in the State not to get a game on FSN.......

WCHA.tv, I am assuming, will have the game.
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        A hook to get Bemidji fans to buy season tickets. STHs get first crack at outdoor game tickets.

Ryan
        The BSU outdoor game is part of the BSU Season Ticket Package and not part of the Hockey Day Minnesota Ticket Package. With BSU's Season Ticket Numbers and the fact that they plan on setting up around 3,000 seats for the outdoor games, there should be a somewhere between 1,000-1,500 individual ticket available of the Friday night game.

But FSN is also picking up the BSU Women's game against Mankato that is sandwiched in between the two HS boys games.
        Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Ryan
          Well, obviously the HS games will be covered live. That has always been a given, it is Hockey Day MN for god's sake.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

HOCKEY DAY MINNESOTA TICKET INFORMATION

Tickets for the Thursday and Saturday of Hockey Day Minnesota Bemidji will not go on sale until October and will be available through the Sanford Center ticket office or Ticketmaster once available. Tickets for the BSU men’s game Friday night will be available through BSU/Sanford Center when BSU men’s hockey tickets go on sale.

What is the cost?
            Ticket prices for Thursday and Sunday will be announced in October. Ticket prices for BSU Men’s hockey game Friday night will be determined by BSU.
            Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
              HOCKEY DAY MINNESOTA TICKET INFORMATION

Tickets for the Thursday and Saturday of Hockey Day Minnesota Bemidji will not go on sale until October and will be available through the Sanford Center ticket office or Ticketmaster once available. Tickets for the BSU men’s game Friday night will be available through BSU/Sanford Center when BSU men’s hockey tickets go on sale.

What is the cost?
              Ticket prices for Thursday and Sunday will be announced in October. Ticket prices for BSU Men’s hockey game Friday night will be determined by BSU.
              Saturdays game is at Sanford and will just be regular ticket price, right?
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Saturdays game is at Sanford and will just be regular ticket price, right?
                They should be.
                Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Wish Lakeland could show the games outside of Bemidji only. That could help exposure w/o losing ticket sales.

Also, I could see a last minute add to FSN after the bulk of the ticket sale period.....I hope, anyway.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Also, I could see a last minute add to FSN after the bulk of the ticket sale period.....I hope, anyway.
                    Friday night's game would be the best bet. The Wild are off and the Goofers are at Michigan State (Big10 Network?). The NBA schedule has yet to be released.
                    Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                      Friday night's game would be the best bet. The Wild are off and the Goofers are at Michigan State (Big10 Network?). The NBA schedule has yet to be released.
                      Who honestly cares about the Timberwolves?

Comment

No one.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Who are the Timberwolves?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

FSN does. And yeah, MN hockey would prob be on Big Ten. So if everything falls right, FSN could broadcast the game. Otherwise, maybe a one-game contract w/Lakeland (miracle) for the BSU game?
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                              . BSU's argument was that the home games being shown on free Over The Air TV was causing the low attendance numbers. I haven't looked at the final numbers, but I don't think it helped attendance at all by not having them on TV.
                              I was wondering how attendance was affected last season with no TV. Tough to compare, since Beavers won the MacNaughton in the last year of Lakeland, but could be an interesting data point in the argument over whether free TV hurts attendance

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                                I was wondering how attendance was affected last season with no TV. Tough to compare, since Beavers won the MacNaughton in the last year of Lakeland, but could be an interesting data point in the argument over whether free TV hurts attendance
                                I attended the WCHA playoff series against MTU this past season and was shocked at the low fan turnout. I believe without the MTU fans and band the place would have been half full at best for each game.

Comment

Working...
                                X