Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    We're both Tech. We haven't forgotten Lou Angotti.

Potsdam is an eastern Bemidji minus the lake and large statue.
    Ha! I didn't realize you were Tech too.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      Ha! I didn't realize you were Tech too.
      We used to be (Thomas S.) Clarkson (Memorial) College of Technology aka CCT. It changed to Clarkson U in the 80s, but we're still Techers.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Based on the 100 year storm, I say Clarkson and Anchorage.

I am confirmed for the UMD series to open the season. Now just need to stake a claim to a seat at the KBC for pre-game and the Continental Fire for post-game.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
          With it being 95 and hot here in Michigan, taking it easy and speculating what Tech's lineup could look like.

F LW C RW
          1 Broetzmann Lucchini Gould
          2 Bliss Smith Jackson
          3 Parrottino Steman Misiak
          4 Halonen Reitmeier Beretta

D LD RD
          1 Ford Meek
          2 Donohue Swoyer
          3 Buckley Gotz

G G
          1 ? (honestly can argue for all 3, but believe it will be Kero or Jurusik

Not sure if Williamson was not discussed, but just went with the ones discussed on the show.
          Not a single comment, I know this was posted on "that day" but seriously not a single comment.......................

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            oh wow! good friends in Syracuse. and Ottawa! one of my favorite cities. this trip looks better and better. Clarkson or Anchorage??? What say you Tech fans??
            We've never played at Clarkson. Anchorage will continue to be on the schedule for the foreseeable future. Should be an easy choice, I think.

One of our posters pointed out that the best option, if you've got extra time and don't mind a bit of mountain driving in November, might be to fly into Albany and stop off in Lake Placid for a day on one end of the drive to Potsdam.

Comment

Clean UP is going well in Houghton. National Guard is here and we are getting help from Ford Motor Company to kids with lemonade stands donating money. Supplies coming in from as far as Missouri. Marquette (our arch enemy in hockey) is sending help. Firefighters from Wisconsin and Minnesota. Locals turning out big time. Saw as explanation on how all ages help clean mud out of basements. Strongest shovel mud into buckets. Next strongest form bucket line to haul it up steps. Next strongest haul it on flat ground to waiting containers. Children run empty buckets back to basement. Anybody with a piece of heavy equipment is out and helping. It's a wonderful feeling community. Teams of little leaguer are playing their nighttime games and then going to work for a couple of hours. Hockey teams out working. Those who can't do heavy work are making sandwiches, organizing work schedules, passing out water, putting together work kits for homeowners. And there is no whining or complaining, or "why us?" stuff going on. I'm just hitting on a little bit of the extraordinary effort going on.
              This is the midwest attitude. Do your thing that you need to do, and carry on.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                This is the midwest attitude. Do your thing that you need to do, and carry on.
                The response has been amazing. Thanks so much to all who have helped. #SISU on Friday there will be a fundraiser at DIGS in Marquette, where donations will go to the Copper Country for every draft and every dog sold. If you’re around Marquette, please stop by.
                Last edited by davyd83; 06-27-2018, 11:27 PM.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Clean UP is going well in Houghton...
                  I'm guessing it was unintentional but "Clean UP" (Or maybe Clean U.P.) sounds like a great slogan for the recovery effort. Glad to hear things are making progress in the right direction.

I'm planning to make the Clarkson trip based on "who knows when Tech will ever play there again..." I plan to fly into Albany, NY and then depending on the weather either do a day of skiing in Vermont (would be ify that time of year) or spend the day in Lake Placid being a tourist before heading up North for Tech hockey.

My other trips for this season will be to Houghton for the Duluth series for sure (which is also MTU parents' weekend so lodging is tough to find) and then maybe the Bemidji road series if one of those games goes outdoors or maybe the GLI to see the new Pizza Palace. If those two don't pan out then maybe I'll pick somewhere else or hold off and hope for another playoff run road trip.

Ryan
                  Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 06-28-2018, 08:39 AM.
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I'll hit Wisco and Huntsville for sure. Then see if I want to fly back for Clarkson. Or Anchorage.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Comment

I'm hoping to make it up to Houghton for at least one game of each home series - bith UMD games for sure. Other than that, GLI and Clarkson are at the top of the list.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

yes, Clarkson is pulling my chain. something totally new. part of country I haven't seen. I would love for Tech fans to make a huge turnout. We travel!!!
                        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

The Friday night game in Bemidji will be outdoors, the Saturday game will be in the Sanford Center. FoxSportsNorth is NOT televising either one.
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                            The Friday night game in Bemidji will be outdoors, the Saturday game will be in the Sanford Center. FoxSportsNorth is NOT televising either one.
                            That last line is extremely disappointing...would have been great exposure for both programs in Minnesota...won’t be on Lakeland either?
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                              FoxSportsNorth is NOT televising either one.
                              What a joke. Why even have an outdoor game then?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                What a joke. Why even have an outdoor game then?
                                Gopher conflict?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X