Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Originally posted by AFHusky View Post
    Did anyone else notice Pheonix celebrating with his team as they awaited the Stanley Cup? Probably won't get his name engraved but it was cool to see a husky out there.
    Yeah, oddly he was one of the first guys I saw when the team stormed the ice at the end. I would say 0% chance he ends up on the cup, but he'll likely get a ring. Everyone gets rings. Even the front office secretary likely gets a ring. Even the team's 1A goalie Philipp Grubauer, will have to be added to the cup via a team petition. He didn't play in 41 regular season games or any of the games in the Finals which are the standard criteria to get your name stamped on Stanley.

Even if he did make the short list, 95% chance they would spell his name incorrectly like the city anyway.

Ryan
    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 06-12-2018, 04:27 PM.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I thought you got your name engraved if you dressed as a backup for 2 games in the Final?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        I thought you got your name engraved if you dressed as a backup for 2 games in the Final?

well Copley was the 3rd string goalie, so I'm still guessing not...at least Grubauer played in the playoffs.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I was referring to Grubauer. Copley would have to pull a Peter Pocklington to get his name included.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post

Well Copley dressed as a backup for multiple Finals games? I would assume Washington would request Grubauer get his name on the cup but it not guaranteed by the rules.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Joel Lesperance and the AHL Texas Stars will be playing Game 7 in Toronto Thursday night for the Calder Cup. Go Texas!

Comment

This is going to be an exciting year for the Huskies. I remember thinking Tech would be ready for some bigger achievements by the time of Luch's senior year, as in time for some major success. What do you think with the returning and promising newcomers for this year. I think we are going to make some noise!!!!!

Comment

I think the 2018 playoff run did a lot for the growth of this team. Gave them the confidence that they can play with anyone and a taste of what's waiting for them when they take the next step. It was important that Joe and his staff saw some success and consistency peaking at the right time of year - makes it a lot easier for the boys to buy into their system and methods. I don't expect to see last year's early/mid season stumbles being an issue again because the players and coaches won't have that "feeling out" adjustment phase. Look for the leaders to come out strong and carry the load until the freshmen can settle in and make an impact.

I like this team!

Comment

Schedule is good, schedule arrangement is meh. IMO, no team should be on the road for more than 3 weeks straight, but there we go from Oct. 26-Nov.17 with 8 games, 4 of them out-of-conference.

Wisco, and especially Clarkson (assuming last year's sophomores and freshmen with the flashy numbers are returning) should be very good tests and early learning/growth opportunities for the Huskies.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                      Yes, coach really talked up the incoming recruits, and there's quite a few.
                      Forwards: Bellant, Halonen, Polglaze, Noble, Broetzman, Parrottino, Bliss
                      Dmen: Gotz, Swoyer, Buckely
                      Goalie: Jurusik
                      With it being 95 and hot here in Michigan, taking it easy and speculating what Tech's lineup could look like.

F LW C RW
                      1 Broetzmann Lucchini Gould
                      2 Bliss Smith Jackson
                      3 Parrottino Steman Misiak
                      4 Halonen Reitmeier Beretta

D LD RD
                      1 Ford Meek
                      2 Donohue Swoyer
                      3 Buckley Gotz

G G
                      1 ? (honestly can argue for all 3, but believe it will be Kero or Jurusik

Not sure if Williamson was not discussed, but just went with the ones discussed on the show.

Comment

Might be warm in that part of Michigan but look at this?

Regardless of who is the goalie do you see Joe playing at least two or if one is dominant staying that way?

Comment

Stay safe from the floods if you're living up there. The Calumet Coliseum was opened as a temporarily shelter.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Stay safe from the floods if you're living up there. The Calumet Coliseum was opened as a temporarily shelter.
                            Seeing pics and vids on FB. Holy crap.

It'll be interesting when the Gopher group goes up next month for the annual vacation trip.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

What has happened in the Copper Country is truly unbelievable. May all stay safe and begin the recovery in the coming days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                                What has happened in the Copper Country is truly unbelievable. May all stay safe and begin the recovery in the coming days.
                                Best wishes and stay safe. Prayers from Northwest Ohio are with you

Comment

Working...
                                X