Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

WELL .. since it's the off season. I know Bb loves his country music, but bb if you find someone who can sing like this come and see me, otherwise i'll take my opera.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKDXr_fimQ8
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
      MTU updated their schedule for the GLI from the expected Fri/Sat Dec 28/29 to Sun/Mon Dec 30/31.

There was talk that LCA would adjust for the GLI, but obviously college hockey continues to get whatever is left.

It says Michigan vs Tech is slated for a 1:00 start. I am going to be there for that first game regardless of the day or time, but was hoping for the normal scheduling again this year.
      The consolation game is scheduled for 11:30am on the 31st, followed by the championship game at probably 2:30. The Wings game is also being played that night to wrap the triple header, so if the title game is tied it's a 5 minute OT then straight to the shootout.

Comment

Don't forget the off-season Joe Shawhan Hour at 8:45am today on Mix93. Listen outside the Copper Country on the TuneIn app or pasty.net

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
          Are they announcing your hiring as the new Director of Hockey Opps?
          Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
          Did Mike resign already, or is he planning to soon? I've been trying to reach him for weeks, with no replies.
          Ryan
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
            The consolation game is scheduled for 11:30am on the 31st, followed by the championship game at probably 2:30. The Wings game is also being played that night to wrap the triple header, so if the title game is tied it's a 5 minute OT then straight to the shootout.
            yikes...that is sad...a shootout to decide the GLi...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              Of course that's assuming that it ends regulation in a tie, which when you consider that one of the teams will be either MSU or Lake State - that's probably not going to happen.

Comment

Glad to see the WCHA moving away from Stretch Internet and partnering with FloHockey for next season and beyond. I was very impressed with their service for the Vegas games. Obviously quality has to do a lot with the facility producing the broadcast but I was very unimpressed with the service provided by Stretch Internet over the last several seasons.

Listened to a portion of the JSH. Sounds like a bunch of guys coming in that will push for ice time; including a goaltender with experience at the D1 level!

Sounds like the coach is pretty high on the Halonen from MN. Better get going on adding more seats. That's a couple hundred more locals a night with all the local ties he has.

Can't wait for the puck to drop.
                Last edited by rustedblades; 06-11-2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Yes, coach really talked up the incoming recruits, and there's quite a few.
                  Forwards: Bellant, Halonen, Polglaze, Noble, Broetzman, Parrottino, Bliss
                  Dmen: Gotz, Swoyer, Buckely
                  Goalie: Jurusik

I didn't have a big issue with the Stretch Internet other than the occasional buffering and it took forever for On Demand games to post. I'm happy for a Roku App with FloHockey - we'll see how the rest works out with video quality etc.

It looks like the Daily Mining Gazette Sports Editor and Hockey Beat Writer are gone - hoping coverage of the team continues. Good coverage of the team keeps them in front of people and helps attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    With the odd games times and possibility of a shootout ending the championship game, I will postpone seeing the new arena until the 2020 frozen four.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                      It looks like the Daily Mining Gazette Sports Editor and Hockey Beat Writer are gone - hoping coverage of the team continues. Good coverage of the team keeps them in front of people and helps attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                        With the odd games times and possibility of a shootout ending the championship game, I will postpone seeing the new arena until the 2020 frozen four.
                        I'm not excited about 5he game times and even less so about the possibility of a shootout but that will not keep me from going to see it.

If it does go to a shootout that means you probably witnessed 65 minutes of **** good college hockey. Much better than 6-1 game played at 8:00 on Saturday evening.

If there is a way for me to make the trip, I will be there regardless of the start times or OT rules.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Any word on Forward recruit Jagger Williamson, looked like a very shifty skilled forward, is he deferring for a year?

Comment

Good to see Auk back in Houghton and should have his degree this summer.

THREE WILD PLAYERS RETURN TO COLLEGE TO EARN DEGREES FOLLOWING 2017-18 SEASON
                            https://www.iowawild.com/news/detail...2017-18-season

Comment

I'm surprised no one mentioned it (or I missed it) but Cliff Watson will be getting fitted for another ring this summer. The Colorado Eagles won back-2-back ECHL championships in their final year as an ECHL franchise. (The Eagles will be come the Colorado Avs' AHL franchise next season.)
                              Ryan

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                I'm surprised no one mentioned it (or I missed it) but Cliff Watson will be getting fitted for another ring this summer. The Colorado Eagles won back-2-back ECHL championships in their final year as an ECHL franchise. (The Eagles will be come the Colorado Avs' AHL franchise next season.)
                                Ryan

Did anyone else notice Pheonix celebrating with his team as they awaited the Stanley Cup? Probably won't get his name engraved but it was cool to see a husky out there.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X