Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Wow, just listened to the Joe Show. I'm surprised that Packy is done at Tech. I'm sure that there was a lot going on there. Entering the season, I thought for sure he'd be the guy. He wasn't. Then through the last few games he was. I've got mixed feelings about him not coming back. listening to Joe it sounded like there were a few other things going on. He talked about having a good conversation after the season that he wished they had during the season. Also says something (though I'm not sure what), that he had serious interest to go pro and it hasn't panned out yet. I'm optimistic about the goal tending for next season but oddly I feel about where I was right before this past season started - A transfer with good experience at the D1 level, a young guy who sounds promising, and Kero who is not going to steal too many games, but won't give many away either. Here's hoping we get great play from one of them the first weekend against UMD and we ride him through the rest of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Debating between Clarkson and Wisco (cannot do both). MSN is easier to get to, and has mainline DL service, whereas Clarkson requires at least some driving, whether I use my NEXUS card to cut through Ontario, or fly to SYR on an RJ and do a Hertz rental (2.5 hour drive from there, it seems).
      I did the Burlington trick two years ago. Weather permitting, it's about a 3 hour jaunt on all two lane roads (including the ferry across Lake Champlain). If you're looking to keep your drive as short as possible, the best airport is Ottawa. It's only about 90 miles to Potsdam from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        That's anyone seen today's JSH posted anywhere?
        Now online at michigantechhuskies.com

Comment

I'll definitely be making the Clarkson trip just because it's some place new to see Tech play. Depending on how the weather works out, I'll fly to Albany, maybe drive to Okemo Mountain Resort in Vermont for a day of skiing on Thursday and then on to Clarkson for the weekend. Mid-Nov seems to be hit or miss for Vermont skiing. Some years they are open, some not. But since they are part of Vail Resorts and I'll have a pass next year... why not ski for "free" someplace new as well? Of course by the same logic I'm hoping Tech also plays in Japan next season so I can do some more "free" skiiing at Hakuba Valley. I just need a plane ticket, hotel, transportation, meals... and then it's "free" after that.
          #HuskySmart
          Ryan
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

My boss at work told me Packy was not returning. I was surprised to hear this. I will have to listen to the show.
            MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
            2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
              My boss at work told me Packy was not returning. I was surprised to hear this. I will have to listen to the show.
              Really not that much insight about Packy in the show. Had some long and deep discussion with him at seasons end, that they wish he would have brought up in the beginning of the season. Three teams three years are you really surprised?

I like how Joe enjoys using UM as an example in hypothetical situations

Comment

Not surprised at all about Packy not being back. I had a conversation with someone more in the know than I, back in February and the strong possibility that he would be moving on. I thank him for his time and wish him well. However I get the feeling he was a devisive element on the team. Maybe it was all the talk of going pro after the season.. Happy to see Devin come back. He may not steal too many games as someone has previously said, but he will provide solid goaltending and some MATURE leadership in that position..

Pleased to hear that it looks like the NCAA has/will shoot down the proposal to allow players to transfer and be able to play right away.

I would have loved to hear that some of out better recruits have signed NLIs

And on the recruiting front we have a new commit. Another Dman, from the Mn Wilderness, Eric Gotz. NAHL Defenseman of the Year. Formerly a Miami recruit.
                Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 05-08-2018, 05:46 PM.

Comment

At first I was surprised to hear that Packy won't be back. But that didn't last long.

Good Luck to him wherever his career takes him.

Good news about Kero. I hope he is at the top of the depth chart coming in, but he will need to prove himself. That being said, Joe has forgotten more about goaltenders than I ever will but I think he had a fairly quick hook with them last year.

I like this team.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not surprised that Munson will move on. He doesn't seem that he'll ever be satisfied anywhere.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Interesting. I just do not want the 3 headed monster approach at Goalie next year.
                      Tech's schedule is impressive with UMD, Wisconsin, Clarkson, and the game of the year Michigan at the G.L.I.
                      Minnesota state for Carnival. I am all in for next year.

Comment

Viewership numbers are in for the WCHA Championship Game on FoxUP.

The pregame show opened at 6pm with a 5.0 rating and steadily grew to 7pm when the game telecast started. The game itself drew a 16.4 rating and just short of a 50 share.

(Editor's note: Rating is calculated by dividing number of viewers by the total # of viewers available in the market. Share is calculated by dividing number of viewers by only those people watching TV at that time. So with a 50 share, 1 of every 2 active viewers in the Marquette DMA was watching the game.)

Additionally, FoxUP brought in as much revenue from the pregame and game telecasts as they did for the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          Viewership numbers are in for the WCHA Championship Game on FoxUP.

The pregame show opened at 6pm with a 5.0 rating and steadily grew to 7pm when the game telecast started. The game itself drew a 16.4 rating and just short of a 50 share.

(Editor's note: Rating is calculated by dividing number of viewers by the total # of viewers available in the market. Share is calculated by dividing number of viewers by only those people watching TV at that time. So with a 50 share, 1 of every 2 active viewers in the Marquette DMA was watching the game.)

Additionally, FoxUP brought in as much revenue from the pregame and game telecasts as they did for the Super Bowl.
                          that's pretty good. Might have more viewers than a LP game.

I was thinking about how the ECAC and HE have this series in Ireland. And how we recruit from California every so often. Maybe we ought to play a game in San Francisco or have a WCHA series in San Francisco or someplace on the west coast. I bet we'd get some recruits out of it and the league would benefit.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Maybe we ought to play a game in San Francisco or have a WCHA series in San Francisco or someplace on the west coast.
                            Does the Cow Palace still exist and have ice making capability after the SF Bulls folded? That team didn't last long but the rink would be a suitable size for college hockey. I wonder if the league bothers with theoretical stuff like this, or just us super fans that dream up this stuff and worry about the details?
                            Ryan
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              Does the Cow Palace still exist and have ice making capability after the SF Bulls folded? That team didn't last long but the rink would be a suitable size for college hockey. I wonder if the league bothers with theoretical stuff like this, or just us super fans that dream up this stuff and worry about the details?
                              Ryan
                              In the past, there have been ideas that have been thrown around regarding Seattle/Vancouver, that never got much beyond the idea stage. The Ice Vegas people also may look to expand their hockey presence if they can get the Vegas event established. Portland & Seattle had been mentioned, but that’s a ways off.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                I'll definitely be making the Clarkson trip just because it's some place new to see Tech play. Depending on how the weather works out, I'll fly to Albany, maybe drive to Okemo Mountain Resort in Vermont for a day of skiing on Thursday and then on to Clarkson for the weekend. Mid-Nov seems to be hit or miss for Vermont skiing. Some years they are open, some not. But since they are part of Vail Resorts and I'll have a pass next year... why not ski for "free" someplace new as well? Of course by the same logic I'm hoping Tech also plays in Japan next season so I can do some more "free" skiiing at Hakuba Valley. I just need a plane ticket, hotel, transportation, meals... and then it's "free" after that.
                                #HuskySmart
                                Ryan
                                Potsdam is Bemidji East minus the statues and lake. But I love it.

Lake Placid is 90 miles away. CCT has Xcountry ski trails.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X