Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    On what basis do you have Noble coming in this fall? Is that a sure thing?
    I have Polglaze, Noble, Bellant, and Watson all coming in this fall but I see those guys as more depth...granted I viewed Misiak and Reitmeier as depth last year and look what they did as freshmen...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I have Polglaze, Noble, Bellant, and Watson all coming in this fall but I see those guys as more depth...granted I viewed Misiak and Reitmeier as depth last year and look what they did as freshmen...
      I was just wondering if someone told you he's coming for sure, or not. It seems like as a 19 year old, Noble would benefit from a year of tier 1 before moving on to college. Maybe build up a few pounds of muscle too.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        Only 169 days until Oct. 5th which I assume will be Game 1?

When will the schedule be released?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
        I'm led to believe that it's coming out during the first week of May.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          I'm led to believe that it's coming out during the first week of May.
          I think last year the schedule came out the first week of May, so that's probably about right.

I'm hoping the freshman from this year keep up the good work. It's tougher though when you become the top or second line.

Comment

Need a Husky hockey fix this afternoon?
            Tune it to watch Alex Petan, Dominic Monardo (LSSU), Austin Smith (Colgate), and HC Bolzano face Ryan Duncan (UND) and EC Salzburg in Game 7 of the EBEL Championship (Austrian Hockey League)...winner take all!
            Puck drops at 2:30 PM Eastern
            http://www.video33.it/Livestream
            Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 04-20-2018, 09:36 AM.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
              I think last year the schedule came out the first week of May, so that's probably about right. I'm hoping the freshman from this year keep up the good work. It's tougher though when you become the top or second line.
              Got to campus recently, every Prof, student and staff member was high on the team and felt we should have won the ND game.

On the other hand Tech just hired a new Pres., from LSU. He sounds like an administrator type and made no comment regarding the hockey team. Though its early and he won't be on campus till July I find it a bit concerning. Mroz, the outgoing Pres was very much pro hockey and made sure the monies were there to support it.

The staff and profs really do not know much about it, seems things have been kept tightly under wraps. Thoughts?

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...lsu_offic.html

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                Got to campus recently, every Prof, student and staff member was high on the team and felt we should have won the ND game.

On the other hand Tech just hired a new Pres., from LSU. He sounds like an administrator type and made no comment regarding the hockey team. Though its early and he won't be on campus till July I find it a bit concerning. Mroz, the outgoing Pres was very much pro hockey and made sure the monies were there to support it.

The staff and profs really do not know much about it, seems things have been kept tightly under wraps. Thoughts?

One huge positive is that Dr. Sanregret is VERY pro hockey. Hopefully she will impress upon the new prez how important it is to have a strong hockey program at Tech. I believe she will be able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                  One huge positive is that Dr. Sanregret is VERY pro hockey. Hopefully she will impress upon the new prez how important it is to have a strong hockey program at Tech. I believe she will be able to do that. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                  Well she is the AD so I would hope so. Suzanne is great, her current task will be to get a new WBB coach. Lot of good history in that program.

Whenever you heard the coaches speak in the recent past they always thanked Mroz and Suzanne.

Comment

Well she is the AD so I would hope so. Suzanne is great, her current task will be to get a new WBB coach. Lot of good history in that program.

Whenever you heard the coaches speak in the recent past they always thanked Mroz and Suzanne.
                    I hope the WBB coach is hired before Koubek starts in July.

Also, I've got to believe that Koubek won't have a lot of impact on the 2018-19 hockey season. My guess is their budget will be set before then or he at least won't make cuts to what been done. That being said, this next season will be big for the whole hockey program, for everybody involved, to show Koubek how important the program is to the school and community.

As mentioned earlier on this thread or somewhere else, he has a background at schools with major sports teams. Not hockey at LSU, but he gets it. I'm optimistic that he will support the program as much as Mroz does.

I like this team.

Comment

i would assume a guy coming from LSU would understand how important the big sport on campus is for identity, etc.

Comment

i would assume a guy coming from LSU would understand how important the big sport on campus is for identity, etc.
                        That's an understatement.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Hate assuming, as he may not have cared about football or baseball in the least. He does have on interesting background with a BA in Biblical literature and one in Psych.

Comment

Ok, so after a year of searching, I've managed to track down two jerseys of someone familiar to Tech fans. I'm going to offer up one of these jerseys to someone in trade for a Huskies camo jersey from this season. Yes, the jersey guy is still trying to track one down so I need to up the stakes. If you have a camo jersey and would like to trade for one of these Munson game worns, please drop me an email (info@johnsonsjerseys.net) or message me here.
                            Hopeful...
                            Ryan

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

If anyone has a desire for random Tech items to put in their sports room, I came across a box of Huskies basketball uniforms that likely hadn't been opened in a decade. I got them as part of a package deal about 15 years ago and was planning to just sell them off back then, but clearly they just went into a box and that never happened.
                              Anyway they're headed for Ebay. If anyone wants one, pick any you like off the attached page. $20 each (shipping included) and they'll have shorts included until I run out of that style. It appears from a quick count that I don't have as many shorts as I have jerseys so I'm guessing I just kept throwing a pair in each photo so they all looked the same. If you want more than one I'll make you a better deal. Take them all and I make you a REAL good deal. Below is the link to the photos of all of them - mens and womens styles all from the late 1990s and early 2000s (as far as I know).
                              Help me bounce these out of my hockey room...
                              http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/basketball/

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Tech just hired a new Pres., from LSU.
                                Geaux Tech Geaux! (It's a Loo-zee-anna thing)
                                "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                                Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X