Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    I think the polls are meaningless at the end. Only thing that matters is who won. Does anyone know or care what the DI football poll was like at the end?

Show a recruit the ND game , yes Tech lost but the intensity was incredible, you can then also mention beating MUD
    I'd point to 3 recent NCAA appearances, and as you said the ND game, before a year-end #16 in the polls.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like Ellsworth didn't like what UAA was offering, and will remain at UML.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Sounds like Ellsworth didn't like what UAA was offering, and will remain at UML.
        At least he wasn't at Miami and can go back to his current job.

Comment

Good call for Cam.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
            I think the polls are meaningless at the end. Only thing that matters is who won. Does anyone know or care what the DI football poll was like at the end?

Show a recruit the ND game , yes Tech lost but the intensity was incredible, you can then also mention beating MUD
            Not saying you actively use it to convince recruits. But if you think recruits don't notice if teams they're looking at are in the polls or not, you're kidding yourself. And its always better to have your name out there, than to not.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I see St Cloud State hired UMD assistant Brett Larson as their head coach. Wasn't he one of the Tech suspects last year?
              "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
              Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                I see St Cloud State hired UMD assistant Brett Larson as their head coach. Wasn't he one of the Tech suspects last year?
                I think you're correct, but I'm happy with the decision to go with Joe.

I like this team.

Comment

Word is he was pleased with what they offered, financially UAA is supporting this program. He didn't like the fact that there is no AD at this time.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    Word is he was pleased with what they offered, financially UAA is supporting this program. He didn't like the fact that there is no AD at this time.
                    Thank you for clarifying. I certainly hope UAA comes out of this hiring process with a strong coach and they are successful on the ice sooner than later. It will only help the whole WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                      Thank you for clarifying. I certainly hope UAA comes out of this hiring process with a strong coach and they are successful on the ice sooner than later. It will only help the whole WCHA.

Yep. As several have speculated, it is understandable why not having an AD would make prospects a bit uneasy. The AD is going to be their boss, after all. It's starting to look, to me, like it will be an alumni or a local person who gets the job. Someone who has an emotional tie to UAA.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

It might be a tad bit early for hockey, but reading through the stellar resumes of our incoming recruits has me getting impatient for next season. In a fit of enthusiasm I told geezer jr. that I think this class will win it all before they graduate. We were a lot closer this year than anyone outside the program realizes, unless they were diehards who happened to see both our games against ND and UMD.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          It might be a tad bit early for hockey, but reading through the stellar resumes of our incoming recruits has me getting impatient for next season. In a fit of enthusiasm I told geezer jr. that I think this class will win it all before they graduate. We were a lot closer this year than anyone outside the program realizes, unless they were diehards who happened to see both our games against ND and UMD.
                          Only 169 days until Oct. 5th which I assume will be Game 1?

When will the schedule be released?

Comment

We can play with anybody, but replacing the guys we lost will be tough. Go Huskies!.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

This class certainly has a chance to be one of the best ever, at least for the modern era of the team.
                              Bliss, Broetzman, Parrottino all have the chance to be 100 pt guys if they stay healthy for 4 years, Swoyer and Buckley could be top-4 blueliners from day one and Jurursik has the experience to step in and be the #1 goalie from day one (but he's only got 2 years of eligibility).
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                This class certainly has a chance to be one of the best ever, at least for the modern era of the team.
                                Bliss, Broetzman, Parrottino all have the chance to be 100 pt guys if they stay healthy for 4 years, Swoyer and Buckley could be top-4 blueliners from day one and Jurursik has the experience to step in and be the #1 goalie from day one (but he's only got 2 years of eligibility).
                                On what basis do you have Noble coming in this fall? Is that a sure thing?
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X