Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Should be interesting as Jay O'Brien looked good today for USA against Sweden playing with some edge during limited minutes. Hastings had him playing 3 on 3 in overtime with Jack Hughes. I think we see an upgrade this upcoming year with the guys coming back (THEY HAVE TO SCORE) plus the newcomers putting the puck in the net more.
    He scored two goals against Canada with one being an absolute snipe while the other one was going to the net and hitting a wide open cage. Here is the snipe one.

https://***********/dsilver88/status...251661826?s=21

He did crush a guy while carrying the puck

https://***********/NAARobertWilson/...88338505547782

Coach Hastings had some good things to say about him too

https://***********/dsilver88/status...67623341780993
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

According to todays ProJo PC hockey has a local radio outlet on 104 FM for broadcasting their games.....sounds like we are going big time finally

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
        According to todays ProJo PC hockey has a local radio outlet on 104 FM for broadcasting their games.....sounds like we are going big time finally
        That's great news!
        WDOM was great fun back in the day but it would be nice to hear a broadcast past the Foxy Lady. 😜😋🤭
        If it's not a big time at least it's not small potatoes still!!!

Comment

The next logical step is get the games live on Youtube or a similar streaming platform for those of use who live elsewhere and are cheap/lazy.
          I get to see virtually all of PC's road games, so that's fun.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            The next logical step is get the games live on Youtube or a similar streaming platform for those of use who live elsewhere and are cheap/lazy.
            I get to see virtually all of PC's road games, so that's fun.
            Where do you see the road games

Comment

Other schools usually have some sort of free feed - NU, UVM, BU, UNH, and Maine are pretty good.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                Other schools usually have some sort of free feed - NU, UVM, BU, UNH, and Maine are pretty good.
                None of those schools are "real" D1 overall schools, and have the type of athletic department that PC (or a BC) has. Like it or not, if you want to have the school support all the D1 programs it has, be successful, build new facilities, etc. - the department has to bring in money. Charge for seat licenses at hoops games, charge for viewing online, etc. That's what's major athletic department programs do.

BTW, I believe the cost for Friars all-access is something like $9.00 a month.

Comment

BC's games have been free on ESPN3, are they also not a real D1 school with a major athletic department?

Comment

There's some fun jokes we can make here, but I do believe BC is a D1 school with a football team and everything.

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                      BC's games have been free on ESPN3, are they also not a real D1 school with a major athletic department?
                      It is part of the ACC deal with ESPN that they have to be free IIRC

Comment

I can't wait for the season to start. It's still too far away. I have PC no worse than top 3 in HE this season. Remember the days when the team couldn't get out of their own way? I like these days better. 🤗

Comment

Opening night seems like it's so far away. Excited about this season and have very high expectations for this team.

Comment

Former Friar defenseman Mark Adams passed away...was only 27.

https://***********/mikemcmahonchn/status/1042197418375348224?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              Former Friar defenseman Mark Adams passed away...was only 27.

https://***********/mikemcmahonchn/s...375348224?s=21

sorry to hear of his passing.. Condolences to his family & to PC.
                              Life can be like a roller coaster.. so young..! RIP
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I'm very sorry to read of Mark's passing. Way too young and I'm sure his family and friends are devastated. I hope they can find some comfort in knowing he was a fine young man and was able to enjoy some wonderful times along his journey. Too sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X