No announcement yet.

Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• with 1.5 tics left in ot.. Keefe & co with the W 5-4, over the Swedes.. Primeau with couple solid point blank saves in OT.. Quinn to Norris just sick.. nice comeback by the Red, White & Blue.
    Last edited by northeastern; 08-02-2018, 05:39 PM.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

from GoNuMHKY & Hockey Commitments.. Matt Choupani (Lions du Lac St-Louis Midget AAA) to NU for 2020-21.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Last call for the Coaches Caravan stop in Boston, where among other things, the new logos and marks are supposed to be unveiled. Well worth the time and effort if you're in the area.

https://events.attend.com/f/1383785587
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Not feeling your new logos. The old “N” was pretty recognizable.

Comment

New primary logo on a hockey jersey: https://***********/NUHockeyBlog/sta...10727344766977

Here's a tweet with back and front pictures, with some commentary from former NU and BC SID Mark Majewski: https://***********/markmajewski/sta...33519528292352

My take: I don't think it's a home run, but I think it's a solid singe/double. I think this logo offers consistency across multiple sports and platforms, as well as use from a marketing perspective. I think this logo, while it's meh and bland right now, can offer some stability and longevity to what we use to ID northeastern athletics. How many primary logos have we seen on hockey sweaters since 2001? Five? More? This logo has a chance to provide consistency for the long-term, IMO. That's how you build a brand. It's simple. So is BU and BC's, which they've had for decades.

I would prefer them go simple and safe now than attempt a flash in the pan trying to hit a home run, because once that SHOCK VALUE wears off, it's not a great production. Example A: Devil Husky, a production from the 80s, and how it looks and is thought of today. Which is, a lot of hockey die-hards like it/love it, but a lot of casual fans and non-hockey fans hate/don't like it. I like that it isn't going away forever, as it is staying on as a retro, third-uniform style of logo, per Konya. So that is great.

I wish they kept the red in the eyes for depth and accenting, and maybe a red outline around the Husky head itself. But the details and the style of the logo, I think are just fine.
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• re new jersey/ logo design..going to take a bit to get used to. my opinion.. in the middle like many.
              its not bad, more importantly, if team does well .. everything else catches on. thats the way these things go. Go Huskies
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Better looking husky but what is going on with the back of the white ones? Woof.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                  Not feeling your new logos. The old “N” was pretty recognizable.
                  yah... "N" as in Never
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Seems like Scooby needs a snack.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      yah... "N" as in Never
                      mookie quick, drop the keyboard.. you need to be getting back to the mall.. some (other) loser just broke your mortal kombat record at the arcade..
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Meh. Color me underwhelmed. The apparent de-emphasizing of red makes us look too much like Providence, IMO. (Not a knock on PC.) And don't expect me to change my screen name to Skinny-N.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          Meh. Color me underwhelmed. The apparent de-emphasizing of red makes us look too much like Providence, IMO. (Not a knock on PC.) And don't expect me to change my screen name to Skinny-N.
                          What was the matter with the jerseys NU had in the Eighties? You certainly had some good teams in those.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                            What was the matter with the jerseys NU had in the Eighties? You certainly had some good teams in those.
                            My understanding is that they're keeping the "Classic Reds" they wore in the '80s, at the Fenway games, and in 2016 HEA championship game as a special occasion throwback. But you ask a very good question.
                            Last edited by Split-N; 08-15-2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              mookie quick, drop the keyboard.. you need to be getting back to the mall.. some (other) loser just broke your mortal kombat record at the arcade..
                              “N”ever played
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Better looking husky but what is going on with the back of the white ones? Woof.
                                Not a fan of most shoulder yokes and that is a particularly bad one. I really liked the jerseys we've worn the past 8 or 9 years. They were starting become recognizible by the casual fans of the college hockey world. There wasn't a real reason to overhaul them. If Konya leaves in 5 years (which wouldn't really be that shocking), do we do this all over again?

Also, are we actually going to get a new center ice logo? I think it's been the same "N" since I was a freshman 12 years ago
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X