Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attendance

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Not even close according to the NCAA's Regional Attendance History. The two day total was 13,940, well short of 2012, 2010, 2006, 2005 and less than 2003 (pre-2003 the NCAA combined both regionals in their reports).

Sean
    Yeah, the second day really hurt. If you would have had BU/NU you would have come close.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      wow, you can get BC season tickets for under $300. i believe my last season, 2014-15 my two were under $600
      Yale this past year was $210 each on the blue line, with free admission to womens games and 4 guest tickets to non premium games.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        Not even close according to the NCAA's Regional Attendance History. The two day total was 13,940, well short of 2012, 2010, 2006, 2005 and less than 2003 (pre-2003 the NCAA combined both regionals in their reports).

Sean
        as we may have discussed in another forum.. the world (& kids myriad distractions), has changed quite a bit from 2006 or even '12. Had NU made it the 2nd day, it would have been an even better regional attendance wise as the #s would have been even better. Other than that not sure we're going back to the 2003/ 2006 or '10 numbers any time soon unless regional/ conf rivalries in the dance & somewhat easy venues to get to.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Largest attended regional ever in Worcester...just saying
          If the arena wasn't a dump it might help.
          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
          12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            A pair of season tickets ranges from $2,000 (which includes a $300 per seat mandatory "gift") down to $1,200 in one of the 'end zones' (no required gift).

https://www.mygophersports.com/Onlin...e::context_id=
            SRO single game tix for the UND-MN games run $90 face, IIRC. Yeah.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
              It definitely needs an "upgrade." Why it wasn't done when they "renovated" it (adding the balcony) a few years ago I imagine has to do with financial considerations. That being said, trust me, it was WAY worse in the 70s. They had the state basketball championships there EVERY year for a long time (because it was a central location and easily accessible from both Eastern and Western Mass). Problem is, most of those "mid-size" arenas were built around that time (or shortly afterwards) so they all sort of need upgrading...IMO. I frankly think Verizon Wireless in Manchester and MM in Springfield (someone said they "did that over" - well it couldn't have been any worse...dark and narrow) are worse. And Portland is too small. Providence is too big. I don't know about Bridgeport, but that doesn't leave many options.

Comment

Meh, "dump" is a bit of an overstatement, IMO. A bit frayed around the edges maybe but not a dump. Arena staff was surprisingly courteous and security, while there, was not over-the-top-in-your-face.

If I had to complain about something it would be the lack of hotels and watering holes within walking distance of the arena. (As it was, all of the close-by hotels were sold out.) Probably would have been a logistical nightmare if the field included a team with a big road following.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                  Arena staff was surprisingly courteous and security, while there, was not over-the-top-in-your-face.
                  Not "over the top," but there's always one knucklehead who thinks he's a big shot. We arrived at 2:30 (and apparently the gates didn't open until 3 - I thought it was surprising that they only opened an hour before the game). Worcester is up in elevation and it was VERY windy and chilly, much more so than Boston. There were a lot of people outside waiting to get in that had been standing outside for awhile and were, frankly, freezing. I'm not saying they should have "let them in." But we were able to at least go in the outside door and wait in the vestibule (or whatever you want to call it). While there, a woman who had just picked up tickets at Will Call (and you can't tell me they didn't let "some" people in because there were TONS of people with Michigan maize shirts on who we could see walking around inside the arena) tried to get to the entrance. There was one of those "roll-up barriers that she tried to duck under and her purse caught on the other side. So I just unhooked it, let it roll up to the other post and let her by, then I replaced it. The guard comes up to me with a stern look and says "What don't you understand about the concept of this barrier?" Really?????

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    We arrived at 2:30 (and apparently the gates didn't open until 3 - I thought it was surprising that they only opened an hour before the game). Worcester is up in elevation and it was VERY windy and chilly, much more so than Boston.
                    I've been to games in close to 75 different arenas, and almost every single one doesn't open the doors until an hour before puck drop. Also, downtown Worcester is only about 500 feet above sea-level. That's more than 150 feet lower than the top of Blue Hill, just outside of Boston.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      I've been to games in close to 75 different arenas, and almost every single one doesn't open the doors until an hour before puck drop. Also, downtown Worcester is only about 500 feet above sea-level. That's more than 150 feet lower than the top of Blue Hill, just outside of Boston.
                      How many people live on the top of Blue Hill? Or Mt. Everest?

What does that have to do with anything? Or why the security guard snarled at me because I prevented a woman from falling after her purse got caught?

Comment

Providence is the best locale for Regionals or Finals. Good arena, good location, lots of bars, restaurants, hotels, always good attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                          Providence is the best locale for Regionals or Finals. Good arena, good location, lots of bars, restaurants, hotels, always good attendance.
                          And 10 minutes from my house!
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Yea I'm going to be honest here, it's not a nice newer arena like say Manchester but this whole Worcester = dump thing is very much overplayed. It gets the job done and it clearly is NOT even close to a dump even if one had very high standards.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              How many people live on the top of Blue Hill? Or Mt. Everest?

What does that have to do with anything? Or why the security guard snarled at me because I prevented a woman from falling after her purse got caught?
                              I was pointing out that your complaint about Worcester being "up in elevation", especially compared to Boston, was incorrect, especially since there are places much closer to Boston that are higher in elevation.

There is someone on top of Blue Hill 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                                Albany is nice, too. The arena is fine and Pearl St. is right there with many quality eats and drinks. And they always have a street fair right in front of the place, where the school bands play and vendors abound. We always have a really fun time there

Comment

Working...
                                X