What I learned today:

You can't read.
    Wrong again.

btw the list just grew:

3. They can keep him

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I can almost guarantee it.

People who say it’s not a change don’t know how different Lucia and Guentzel are. An assistant has only so much control over the team and their direction.
      If he didn't have any control, then he doesn't have enough experience steering a program. If he did have control, then he is part of the needed change.

I think a bit of both is true. I do think he had a lot of control on the defensive side, and that hasn't been consistent at all recently. He likely didn't have a whole lot of final say on many aspects, so its hard to say he has head coaching experience.

I won't hate having Guentzel be the next head coach, but I don't think he is or should be a shoe in.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
        Did you see the stats for 4 seeds in the NCAA in the last 10 years or so compared to the years prior? Number one seeds only lost 1 game in the first bracket of time and are under 0.600 since that time. To me, that represents the change in recruiting leading to more parity as much as the exclusion of MN, WI, BC and UND (with BU only making it by winning a conference tourney). I really think the MN season wasn't as bad as portrayed (9th in Krach) but every fan was soured by the way it ended. A new coach could bring in freshness to the program, but I don't see any teams being 90% attendees in the NCAA under the current recruiting and NHL CBA agreement.
        Yes, I know that in a single game a 1 seed can get beat by a 4 seed and it’s happened more often recently.

That doesn’t really negate any of what I said there though. That just says that a single game of hockey is flukey. Making the NCAA’s is more of a long term goal and while it’s possible to get unlucky over that many games and miss, it’s pretty uncommon. Doing it five times in ten years points to a much bigger issue than bad luck and parity.
        Last edited by trixR4kids; 03-23-2018, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Re: Don Lucia steps down as Minnesota Gophers coach

There is a guy...He lives fairly close to Minneapolis. Has a cottage on a lake somewhat nearby. He is currently coaching St Olaf mens hockey. May want to reach out to him. Does wonders with programs.

Comment

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
            There is a guy...He lives fairly close to Minneapolis. Has a cottage on a lake somewhat nearby. He is currently coaching St Olaf mens hockey. May want to reach out to him. Does wonders with programs.
            Rose Nylund from the Golden Girls?

Comment

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
              Lol noooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Oh my god. I can’t believe he’s at Olaf.

I honestly never thought he was a terrible coach. He just never got any support from his administration. “We have a hockey team?”
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Actually. I wouldn’t be upset if eaves came on as an assistant. That could be one hell of a defensive minded team.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I feel like it's one of those things that sounds great in theory but probably wouldn't work in practice. I just feel like his system as a head coach was like a polar opposite style to what the Gophers have typically implemented over the years.

Comment

Take it for what it’s worth, but a source who I trust told me tonight that Grant Potulny is the next head coach at MN. It won’t be announced for a little while, but he’s their guy and he’s accepted the job.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

And someone else said that Motzko told the team he wasn't going to coach them tomorrow.
                        Code:

Comment

Also, there is no way the gophers offered someone until they’ve interviewed all of the candidates. And one candidate wasn’t a candidate until air force beat them.
                          Code:

Comment

Also, there is no way the gophers offered someone until they’ve interviewed all of the candidates. And one candidate wasn’t a candidate until air force beat them.
                            Unless Motzko never was one to begin with.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

That’s rich.

We’re not going to call someone when they’re still coaching in the playoffs
                              Code:

Comment

That’s rich.

We’re not going to call someone when they’re still coaching in the playoffs
                                It's possible MN already had their mind made up too.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X