Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Easy to play when one realized they have no shot in he!! If winning it.

Go have fun
    Good point. Although if we "were" to lose, the preferable game would have been yesterday. Only because this is the game that gets you to the "dance." I make the analogy to the AFC/NFC Championship games. I would rather lose in an early round as opposed to this game. Yeah, it's "never enough" and you want to win when you get there too, but it's a privilege to be there. Added to that is the fact that we got to this exact same point last year, so you always want to go one step further if possible.

OK - my last post until game time. I'm rambling. I'm nervous...and excited (hopefully the team is the latter and not the former).

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      Wow, this is a really special post.

Anyway, UConn had a .444 winning percentage and was 34th in the PWR. They weren't good this season. And we did play terribly against them.
      Yet they finished in fifth place in the conference! Says more about how bad Hockey East was this season.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
        I think you are being too hard on them on faceoffs! We were pretty bad this season, but I think we were actually fine there yesterday.
        I don't. It's not just the "number," it's when you win them. Special teams particularly. We lost some face-offs CLEAN in big situations yesterday. They can't continue that. Right now it's about the only "complaint" I have.

Michigan's forwards can really get going in their offensive zone and I would like to spend as little time there as possible.
        Agree here. They constantly got inside NU's d-men. They were bigger and got position by dipping the shoulder and getting around them. The d-men couldn't do anything at that point except take a penalty (which they probably should have because it led directly to two of their goals). I think our d-men are a little bigger and hopefully can negate the size of the Michigan forwards. And I agree that "time of possession" will be important in this game, because Michigan's size and physicality can wear teams down.
        Last edited by chickod; 03-25-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          I don't. It's not just the "number," it's when you win them. Special teams particularly. We lost some face-offs CLEAN in big situations yesterday. They can't continue that. Right now it's about the only "complaint" I have.
          Well I think you have to set realistic standards. At this point, we know we are not a good faceoff team. It is what it is. Losing by only four in that category yesterday is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            Yet they finished in fifth place in the conference! Says more about how bad Hockey East was this season.
            Yeah, and you know what? None of that means anything in a "one and done" situation. At least we got here...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              My guess is they would have played well against us and I didn't want to play them again after losing to them three times. I don't care about revenge - just winning at this point. Let's hope we continue to play well today!

LET'S GO TERRIERS!!!
              Madigan's best skill as a coach is getting his team jacked up for a big game against a big opponent, especially BU. If they had won they'd have been running on all cylinders to get to the Frozen Four and end our season. We know NU has been a bad matchup for us all year, especially on special teams. Whether they're a worse matchup than Michigan, I don't know. Michigan seems to have more talented players from top to bottom than NU, but not as much condensed talent as NU has on their top line. I also saw a much better defensive gameplan from Michigan yesterday than NU, which could prove more troublesome for us today. Primeau was a huge surprise all year but had a couple of Clay Witt moments last night. Lavigne's numbers didn't match the other top goalies we've faced but I thought he played very well given the level of offensive talent he was facing.

I agree, all we can focus on is going out, playing to our strengths and throwing our best shot at them. It's been so refreshing to see how much they've improved in that department over the last few weeks while playing on the brink of their season.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Anyway, UConn had a .444 winning percentage and was 34th in the PWR. They weren't good this season. And we did play terribly against them.
                UConn's overall winning percentage is irrelevant to when they played BU in the QFs. They were playing their best hockey of the season, with wins in seven of the previous 8--including wins vs. BC, Northeastern, Providence and BU.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                  UConn's overall winning percentage is irrelevant to when they played BU in the QFs. They were playing their best hockey of the season, with wins in seven of the previous 8--including wins vs. BC, Northeastern, Providence and BU.
                  That was basically what I said in the previous thread after the quarterfinals when BU Fan 84 trashed Connecticut:

What does this mean? That because they managed to beat a ****ty UConn team in OT that somehow the previous two and a half hours of utter and absolute **** doesn't matter?
                  Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  Despite your claim to the contrary Connecticut was a good team and won 7 straight at the end of the season, including wins over each of the top 4 four (at PC, BC, at NU and BU). In fact, Connecticut is the only team to have wins against all four this season.

Sean.
                  You can expect a reply like I received:

Yeah, they're not good. BC and BU are not good. PC is ok. NU is decent. Uconn was the 5th best team in the 4th best conference. That's not good. If logic fails, just watch the games this weekend. That was not good hockey.
                  Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    Madigan's best skill as a coach is getting his team jacked up for a big game against a big opponent, especially BU.
                    Yup. I didn't want ANY part of that match-up. Anyway, on to today. At least there will be a clear "color" distinction in the stands today...no wondering if anyone wearing red was BU, NU or Cornell (without reading the name or looking for the logo).

This really IS my last post now...not sure if it was the wi-fi in the DCU Center (Scarlet's favorite arena), . or just that with all the games going on pretty much simulatenously, the USCHO site was just jammed. Either way, I kept getting bumped off and I'm not going to try that hard to post during the game.

Hope to see a huge BU contingent there in a couple of hours!

LET'S GO TERRIERS!!!
                    Last edited by chickod; 03-25-2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                      Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                      That was basically what I said in the previous thread after the quarterfinals when BU Fan 84 trashed Connecticut:

You can expect a reply like I received:

Sean
                      Yes, that is correct. No one who knows anything at all about college hockey can sit here and honestly say they thought the series against UConn was good hockey. But I am really glad that we know you both are capable of looking at UConn's schedule and repeating their results.

Vermont had a stretch in the second half of the season where they went 5-0-2, with a win and a tie over Providence! What a good team! Because of that stretch, it means they played good hockey when they lost 5-1 to UMass in their last game of the season.
                      Last edited by BU Fan 84; 03-25-2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

A lot of Michigan fans here. They came out of the woodwork as I expected.

Comment

I was expecting a bigger BU crowd than this. Chance to go to FF, haven't had this chance in Worcester since 2006.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I was expecting a bigger BU crowd than this. Chance to go to FF, haven't had this chance in Worcester since 2006.
                            Me too. Am I shocked? Not really. Disappointed ? A little. But we are spread out too. Many bought tix from NU and Cornell

Comment

Can anyone access Bernie's broadcast? I can't.

Help, please.

Comment

Michigan cycling the puck all day is killing us. We’re not getting enough possession. Their size is affecting us in the early going

Comment

Working...
                                X