A repeat of the ECAC Championship game.
    Clarkson
    62.50%
    Colgate
    31.25%
    I don't like Eastern teams so I don't care
    6.25%

The poll is expired.

Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    A repeat of the ECAC Championship game.
    Listened to semi #2 on radio online. Haven't heard so many hard O's in my life. Both guys couldn't have sounded more like the Midwestern cliché especially the color commentator. Loved it! Oh no doncha know!

And can someone remind me why these D1 Frozen Four games aren't being streamed free on NCAA.com? Seems like they were just a couple of years ago.
    Last edited by shelfit; 03-17-2018, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Re: Who will be the NC$$ Champ?

The third option is hilarious...haha.

Comment

Shea Tiley's a winner and as the Jane Fonda look-alike argued deserves a Patty Kazmaier award, but will just have to settle for her 2nd National Championship. Clarkson wins Sunday, but what a gritty performance by Colgate in their win over Wisconsin.
        Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-17-2018, 12:48 AM. Reason: Or will "Wild Thing" still make the goal post ring?
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

I'm basically in category #3, though I will be there to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post

And can someone remind me why these D1 Frozen Four games aren't being streamed free on NCAA.com? Seems like they were just a couple of years ago.
            Because people complained and complained that the games weren't on tv, so now that a network is providing the resources to broadcast the games on tv, they want to get $omething out of it.

If you want free streaming, you can't have tv, if you want tv, you can't have free streaming. (Personally, I'll take the tv, because that means the streaming is significantly higher quality than what we were getting on ncaa.com)

Comment

In the 2017 final four, the first semi was won 1-0 on a late goal. The second game went 4-3; one team would take a one-goal lead, the other would tie it up; one goal lead, tie, one goal lead, tie. Again the game winner came on a late goal.

If 2018 continues to be a replay of the 2017 FF, with the actors playing different roles, then Colgate carries a one goal lead late into the third, gets an insurance goal when Clarkson abandons playing defense, and an empty-netter at the end.
              Last edited by robertearle; 03-17-2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

I'm going with Clarkson, because Colgate is the only school of the 4 that didn't send their real band to the Frozen Four, and to the best of my knowledge, no school has ever won the title while using a rent-a-band.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                  I'm going with Clarkson, because Colgate is the only school of the 4 that didn't send their real band to the Frozen Four, and to the best of my knowledge, no school has ever won the title while using a rent-a-band.
                  I'm pretty sure that was not the real Ohio State band. I don't think they played once after the opening faceoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                    I'm basically in category #3, though I will be there to watch.
                    I'm Cat 3 also, but predicting Colgate based on their performance tonight. Liked their fans a lot more than Clarkson's, and forgive them for not bringing their pep band. It's spring break, I guess, and kids have priorities. Amazed and pleased at the number of fans that made it here for the weekend. Will be interesting to see Sunday's crowd size, with two Eastern teams playing. I'll bet Ridder's numbers will still be better than the recent CT and NH tournaments.

Comment

I'm taking Clarkson, having the NC experience and goaltending that they have, but I don't really care who wins - it's just refreshing to see two east teams in the final.

Comment

I also don’t care who wins at this point. I liked having the game on tv. That was awesome. I wonder if BTN will still get rights, produce it if the location is non big ten. I want to say yes, since Big Ten teams of the WCHA are always in it.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          In the 2017 final four, the first semi was won 1-0 on a late goal. The second game went 4-3; one team would take a one-goal lead, the other would tie it up; one goal lead, tie, one goal lead, tie. Again the game winner came on a late goal.

If 2018 continues to be a replay of the 2017 FF, with the actors playing different roles, then Colgate carries a one goal lead late into the third, gets an insurance goal when Clarkson abandons playing defense, and an empty-netter at the end.
                          I was thinking the same thing last night. You beat me to posting it. Point #2, Clarkson is undefeated against the WCHA in the NC$$ Frozen Four (4-0) and has only lost to 1 Eastern Team in the NC$$ Frozen 4 (1-1).
                          Last edited by vicb; 03-17-2018, 08:27 AM.
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                            I was thinking the same thing last night. You beat me to posting it. Point #2, Clarkson is undefeated against the WCHA in the NC$$ Frozen Four (5-0) and has never beaten an Eastern Team in the NC$$ Frozen 4 (0-1).
                            They beat Mercyhurst in 2014.
                            Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                            10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                            5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                            21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                            ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                            ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                            7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                            National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                              They beat Mercyhurst in 2014.
                              CHA is considered a "Western" conference. Or to be REALLY geo specific, CCT has never beaten a team located east of Potsdam in the FF.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X