Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017-18 AHCA Women's Ice Hockey College Division [DIII] Coach of the Year Finalists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-18 AHCA Women's Ice Hockey College Division [DIII] Coach of the Year Finalists

The AHCA has announced the finalists for the 2017-18 COTY award, and there are 12 finalists this year. Last year there were 8, the jump appears to be nominating the Final Four coaches who were not their conference coach of the year and the NEHC having co-COTYs in their conference.

Here are the nominees:

Lindsay Berman, UMass Boston, NEHC Co-Coach of the Year
    Mark Bolding, Norwich, NEHC, Final Four Coach*
    Tim Crowley, Elmira, UCHC, Final Four Coach
    Natalie Darwitz, Hamline, MIAC Coach of the Year, Final Four Coach
    Chad Davis, Adrian, NCHA Coach of the Year*
    Jay Green, Potsdam, NEWHL Coach of the Year
    Kevin Houle, Plattsburgh, NEWHL, Final Four Coach*
    Dan Laughlin, UW-Superior, WIAC Coach of the Year
    Melissa Lomanto, Morrisville, CHC Coach of the Year
    Bill Mandigo, Middlebury, NESCAC Coach of the Year*
    Ashley Salerno, Castleton, NEHC Co-Coach of the Year
    Jaime Totten, William Smith, UCHC Coach of the Year

*previous winner

Who do you think comes out with it?

Darwitz comes to mind given the great leap forward but they may look down on all the transfers, which I think was an unspoken consideration when Dodds and Bobrowski were passed over for MIAC POTY and it went to Borgstrom at St. Thomas.

Bolding's Norwich squad has been great minus a few hiccups and those were competitive games.

Melissa Lomanto at Morrisville made her second strait conference title and first autobid for the Mustangs despite losing two of their top three scorers and their starting goalie.

Any contenders on this list I'm over looking?

Re: 2017-18 AHCA Women's Ice Hockey College Division [DIII] Coach of the Year Finalis

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    The AHCA has announced the finalists for the 2017-18 COTY award, and there are 12 finalists this year. Last year there were 8, the jump appears to be nominating the Final Four coaches who were not their conference coach of the year and the NEHC having co-COTYs in their conference.

Here are the nominees:

Lindsay Berman, UMass Boston, NEHC Co-Coach of the Year
    Mark Bolding, Norwich, NEHC, Final Four Coach*
    Tim Crowley, Elmira, UCHC, Final Four Coach
    Natalie Darwitz, Hamline, MIAC Coach of the Year, Final Four Coach
    Chad Davis, Adrian, NCHA Coach of the Year*
    Jay Green, Potsdam, NEWHL Coach of the Year
    Kevin Houle, Plattsburgh, NEWHL, Final Four Coach*
    Dan Laughlin, UW-Superior, WIAC Coach of the Year
    Melissa Lomanto, Morrisville, CHC Coach of the Year
    Bill Mandigo, Middlebury, NESCAC Coach of the Year*
    Ashley Salerno, Castleton, NEHC Co-Coach of the Year
    Jaime Totten, William Smith, UCHC Coach of the Year

*previous winner

Who do you think comes out with it?

Darwitz comes to mind given the great leap forward but they may look down on all the transfers, which I think was an unspoken consideration when Dodds and Bobrowski were passed over for MIAC POTY and it went to Borgstrom at St. Thomas.

Bolding's Norwich squad has been great minus a few hiccups and those were competitive games.

Melissa Lomanto at Morrisville made her second strait conference title and first autobid for the Mustangs despite losing two of their top three scorers and their starting goalie.

Any contenders on this list I'm over looking?

I'm, biased but Coach Salerno did great work with Castleton. Culture change required and short bench all year - ended up with a 13-13-1 record compared to 8-14-4 last year.

Comment

Re: 2017-18 AHCA Women's Ice Hockey College Division [DIII] Coach of the Year Finalis

Tracy Johnson at Stevenson. Started the season with an 1-6-1 record through November. A loss to Adrian, Norwich, and 2 losses to Elmira to start the season. After that had a record of 14-2-4 to finish the season at 15-8-5, including a 16 game unbeaten streak.

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
        Tracy Johnson at Stevenson. Started the season with an 1-6-1 record through November. A loss to Adrian, Norwich, and 2 losses to Elmira to start the season. After that had a record of 14-2-4 to finish the season at 15-8-5, including a 16 game unbeaten streak.
        That was one tough schedule to start the season for sure. All those road games against top competition. That coach doesn’t dilly-dally!

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
          I'm, biased but Coach Salerno did great work with Castleton. Culture change required and short bench all year - ended up with a 13-13-1 record compared to 8-14-4 last year.
          Congratulations to all the Coach of the Year nominees!

I am biased (having watched Coach Salerno on ice over the years). So many great coaches on this list, but I thought it pretty amazing for a rookie to come in and convey her knowledge and passion to a beleaguered squad and build some of the base for the future of the program and it's culture. Congratulations to Coach Salerno upon her inaugural season at Castleton!

Comment

Congrats to Coach Bolding on his 4th Coach of the Year award

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              Congrats to Coach Bolding on his 4th Coach of the Year award
              Congratulations

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
              X