• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colgate vs. Northeastern

Colgate 1 Northeastern 1, after 2 periods

Teams look pretty even

Shots: Colgate 20 Northeastern 17

Each team has had a goal waived off
    Last edited by Raider Archivist; 03-10-2018, 03:38 PM.

Re: Colgate vs. Northeastern

Colgate 2 Northeastern 1

Break out goal with 18:23 to play in the 3rd period

Comment

Colgate wins 3-1

Scores empty-netter with 1:00 to play

Comment

Another good game...that I thought might be a blowout.

Nice to see a change of flavour at the Frozen Four with OSU and now Colgate.

And great video quality for the game not to mention an emotionally charged play by play guy which always adds viewing value.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
          Another good game...that I thought might be a blowout.
          Northeastern's goalie played an excellent game, with NU's 36 saves to 'Gate's 24.. It was an evenly fought game because NU's goalie prevented it from getting out of reach. This was especially the case in the 3rd period when Colgate smelled blood ( outshooting NU 16-9 ) but couldn't get any additional goals into the back of the net until the empty-netter.
          Last edited by Raider Archivist; 03-10-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Can somebody tell me where (ESPN, etc) the Colgate game was streamed yesterday? I want to see if it available for viewing on 'replay'. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              Can somebody tell me where (ESPN, etc) the Colgate game was streamed yesterday? I want to see if it available for viewing on 'replay'. Thanks.
              Here is where I watched it:
              https://boxcast.tv/view/colgate-wome...eastern-396761
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                Great. Thank you.

Comment

Just finished watching the replay of the game. Very nice camera work and picture quality. Play by play guy did a good job. To quote him, there was some "nifty passing" on the ice. Would have sworn he said a few times that "wild thing" had the puck. I looked up the Raiders' roster for the correct name. I also didn't know that Kendall Coyne has a sister Bailey playing for Northeastern. With about 9 minutes to go in the 1st period the score of the Minnesota/Wisconsin game was displayed as a 3-3 tie in the 1st period and 1-3 Mercyhurst losing to Clarkson, also in the 1st period. Huh, I must have missed those 3 Gopher goals yesterday. They did correct the scores a few minutes later.

Odd question perhaps. I noticed that when both Northeastern and Colgate scored goals the loud sirens went on and the lights flashed off and on similar to in St Cloud when the Huskies score. Do they always do that in the Colgate arena for both teams or is it just because it's a playoff game?
                  Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-11-2018, 03:39 PM. Reason: You make the goal post ring?
                  "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                    Odd question perhaps. I noticed that when both Northeastern and Colgate scored goals the loud sirens went on and the lights flashed off and on similar to in St Cloud when the Huskies score. Do they always do that in the Colgate arena for both teams or is it just because it's a playoff game?
                    I think the "loud sirens went on and the lights flashed off" for the opponents may have been a special concession for the NCAA game ( required by the NCAA ? ). I don't think this is Colgate's normal practice. Although, admittedly, I don't watch opponents goal celebrations as closely as I watch 'Gate's. I'm too busy yelling at my computer !

Glad you liked the presentation. This is the 2nd full season for the 38 mill. Class of '65 Arena. In fact, I think the vision and tools associated with the creation of new arena was and continues to contribute substantially to Coach Greg Fargo ( & Co. )'s transformation of the program. It should be no surprise that 'Gate carries a 20-1-1 record on home ice this season.
                    Last edited by Raider Archivist; 03-11-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Archivist View Post
                      I think the "loud sirens went on and the lights flashed off" for the opponents may have been a special concession for the NCAA game ( required by the NCAA ? ). I don't think this is Colgate's normal practice. Although, admittedly, I don't watch opponents goal celebrations as closely as I watch 'Gate's. I'm too busy yelling at my computer !

Glad you liked the presentation. This is the 2nd full season for the 38 mill. Class of '65 Arena. In fact, I think the vision and tools associated with the creation of new arena was and continues to contribute substantially to Coach Greg Fargo ( & Co. )'s transformation of the program. It should be no surprise that 'Gate carries a 20-1-1 record on home ice this season.
                      I wrote down a few notes while I was watching the game and one of them was "really nice looking arena," which I forgot to put in my prior post. College hockey stats listed the attendance as 1373 out of a capacity of 2222. With the large number of people standing I would have thought there was a little more than that. Good luck in the game with the Badgers. It should be a barn burner.

The arena: http://gocolgateraiders.com/news/201...965-arena.aspx
                      Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-11-2018, 11:34 PM. Reason: Maybe nicer than the Eveleth Hippodrome.
                      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Archivist View Post
                        I think the "loud sirens went on and the lights flashed off" for the opponents may have been a special concession for the NCAA game ( required by the NCAA ? ).
                        Technically the games are neutral site though they are hosted by a school. The opposing team has their band there and skating mascot. None of the regular UW jumbo-tron videos and graphics were used, it's all ncaa garbage. Of course I haven't heard the horn blow for an opposing team's goal because they haven't allowed an ncaa quarter final goal in at least 3? years.

I'm looking forward to seeing UW play against a very uncommon opponent. Looks like Colgate has a statistical advantage on special teams and scoring, while UW has a statistical advantage on the D side.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Technically the games are neutral site though they are hosted by a school. The opposing team has their band there and skating mascot. None of the regular UW jumbo-tron videos and graphics were used, it's all ncaa garbage. Of course I haven't heard the horn blow for an opposing team's goal because they haven't allowed an ncaa quarter final goal in at least 3? years.

I'm looking forward to seeing UW play against a very uncommon opponent. Looks like Colgate has a statistical advantage on special teams and scoring, while UW has a statistical advantage on the D side.
                          Two very similar teams. I just think that the Badgers have more depth which will help when you hit period 3 that is if injured players are all back.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                            Two very similar teams. I just think that the Badgers have more depth which will help when you hit period 3 that is if injured players are all back.
                            All are healthy as far as I know, they were for the rodent game.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Colgate does NOT blow the horn for visitors goals until the NCAA's.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                              X