Opening Round: Geneseo at Hobart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Round: Geneseo at Hobart

I figured a thread about each game may be in order. Links, previews, stories, comments, etc.
    St. Norbert College Green Knights
    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

I think this will be a tight one. The outcome will depend which Genny team shows up !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Re: Opening Round: Geneseo at Hobart

I'm hoping for one more week of practice so....go Hobart lol
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Both of these teams have been used to winning recently. Geneseo last seven games , 6-1, with last loss to Oswego 2-4 on Feb.9 , while scoring 44-11 vs opponents . Hobart is also hot going 6-0-1 over the last seven with the last loss against UMASS Boston all the way back on January 13th 3-4 in OT, while scoring 31-8 over opponents over the last seven games . Of note, Frank Oplinger of Hobart started five of the last seven , with three shutouts, 6 GAs and was a wall in the championship game against the Cadets. Hobart has lost the home opener in the NCAAs last 3 years ...so the odds have to be with them this year....RIGHT? Should be a good one, with Cooler capacity of 1000 being challenged with students on campus and Genny definitely within 500 miles.

Comment

With both Colby and UNE more than 500 miles away from both Geneseo and Hobart (per the NCAA's calculator) what happens in the next round? Will the lower seed get to fly to the higher seed or will they need to bus it?
          #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            I think this will be a tight one. The outcome will depend which Genny team shows up !
            My wife asked me last night who do I think will win? I said, "Even if you hold my feet to the fire, I wouldn't be able to predict this game."
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
              With both Colby and UNE more than 500 miles away from both Geneseo and Hobart (per the NCAA's calculator) what happens in the next round? Will the lower seed get to fly to the higher seed or will they need to bus it?
              They will bus it. That's my prediction.
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                Though simplistic that is basically how I feel. Geneseo has dropped some games on the road that seem like they should have been winnable (Fredonia, Cortland, Elmira). I think it speaks more to the parity of D3 than anything else but still every fan probably thinks it is just their team s**ting the bed when it happens. That said, Coach Schultz usually has the team playing its best hockey this time of year, and the program and the veterans on the team have earned the right to feel comfortable playing hockey in March. So I am feeling cautiously optimistic.

The Hobart hockey team will probably have some influence on how this one plays out as well

As an aside, Saturday is my wife's birthday and I will not be able to follow this game at all while it is on. I don't know if that is good or bad for my anxiety level...
                #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                  They apply New England Prep school rules and play in Saratoga Springs??
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Put it in the Albany I bet they will outdraw what the Devils were getting before they left town

Comment

Originally posted by UCAlum32 View Post
                      Put it in the Albany I bet they will outdraw what the Devils were getting before they left town
                      Would you settle for Troy?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        They bussed Bowdoin women to Elmira before and that's over 500 miles.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

3-2 Geneseo 10:00 to go.
                          Oswego State 1980 Grad
                          (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

4-2 Genny final.
                            Oswego State 1980 Grad
                            (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Great game!
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                              X