#6 Ohio State @ #4 Boston College: Nice To Meet You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #6 Ohio State @ #4 Boston College: Nice To Meet You

Unless I'm mistaken, these two teams have never faced each other -- correct?

Can someone tell me what the deal is with Kassidy Sauvé please?
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: #6 Ohio State @ #4 Boston College: Nice To Meet You

I remember when BC was just a club team and have made vast improvements since those years to be a top ten team yearly.

I will try to be there Saturday and hope for the best.

I talked with a fellow hockey fan from time to time and he has some interesting thoughts on the women’s hockey and why they struggle to win the NCAA despite their tremendous winning records of recent years and struggles in the Frozen Four 🏒
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

Can someone tell me what the deal is with Kassidy Sauvé please?
      Just reiterating for your frustration, she was dressed in pads and on the bench for Saturday's game against Ohio State. Skated across the ice to the bench between periods. Maybe someone who was there can report on how much or little she participated in warm-ups, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
        Just reiterating for your frustration, she was dressed in pads and on the bench for Saturday's game against Ohio State. Skated across the ice to the bench between periods. Maybe someone who was there can report on how much or little she participated in warm-ups, etc.
        Someone on twitter said she was on crutches two weeks ago? Just very weird.

Comment

Someone on twitter said she was on crutches two weeks ago? Just very weird.
          She did not take a shot in the warm up. She stood by the boards and watched. There was not a lot of push in her skating stride and did not look like a goalie that was ready to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
            She did not take a shot in the warm up. She stood by the boards and watched. There was not a lot of push in her skating stride and did not look like a goalie that was ready to play.
            Did they have a third goalie dressed? I tried to see on the video stream, but couldn't manage it.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              Did they have a third goalie dressed? I tried to see on the video stream, but couldn't manage it.
              Yes it looks like they did: http://www.wcha.com/women/boxes18.php?wminosu1.m03

EDIT: Lynsey Wallace is barely on the roster on OSU's website (she isn't there on the WCHA website) and doesn't even have a bio up. It looks like she wasn't even on the roster prior to mid-February.

I wonder if she's an emergency club team call-up?
              Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-05-2018, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Okay... At Badger games this year, they would give out simple photocopied rosters/lineups (in the past they were much nicer full color, stiffer paper 'cards', but that's another issue). I am in the habit of bringing them home for 'future reference', like today. The third goalie back in Nov when OSU was in Madison was a frosh named "Maggie Cory", and "Lynsey Wallace" is not listed on that Nov. lineup sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                  My understanding is that they are saving her for the NCAA Tournament. OTOH, anyone who has been to our games recently has seen that Amanda Zeglen is capable of winning games and making spectacular saves. But hey, if teams want to overlook us because Kass isn't in net, be my guest! Serious question, should I get tickets ahead of time? Do the BC Women normally sell out Conte Forum?
                  Last edited by osualum86; 03-05-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                    Serious question, should I get tickets ahead of time? Do the BC Women normally sell out Conte Forum?
                    HA

No.

hahaha

Comment

My understanding is that they are saving her for the NCAA Tournament. OTOH, anyone who has been to our games recently has seen that Amanda Zeglen is capable of winning games and making spectacular saves. But hey, if teams want to overlook us because Kass isn't in net, be my guest! Serious question, should I get tickets ahead of time? Do the BC Women normally sell out Conte Forum?
                      The Conte Forum is a really nice venue. You'll probably be able to rent your own section though at game time. It's built for Power 5 bounce ball. Heck, when I was there in the mid 90's, you wouldn't even know it was a hockey arena. There were more plaques and stories about Doug Flutie and the football team than the hockey team... but that was before the BC men's hockey team was good.

I really hope that this game doesn't overlap the Clarkson game. This matchup really intrigues me.
                      Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                      10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                      5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                      21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                      ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                      ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                      7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                      National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

http://www.ohiohockeydigest.com/news...le/show/880403

This is a fantastic article on Lynsey Wallace for those wondering. Apologies if the link doesn’t work automatically, may need to copy paste.

You can scroll down to the part that reads “a unique path” if you are interested in how she ended up at OHio State.FWIW I feel the commentary also sheds insight on the state of girls hockey in Ohio (there’s a lot of work to be done, producing some talented players but too many have to go play high school hockey elsewhere) and also Muzzerall’s recruiting approach.

Comment

I assumed Zeglen is from Lake Wobegone as she looked well above average.

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                            This is why I am leaning towards OHIO to win this one. They are very physical. If they roll lines and hard forcheck I am not sure how BC will respond. Ref's could have a big influence on this game depending on how its called. They let a lot go in the WCHA.
                            BC has a great power play. Hockey East refs call a LOT of penalties. The Buckeyes will have to be careful, or they'll soon be behind the 8-ball. If they play fast and smart, then their forecheck can cause BC problems. If they are out of control or too aggressive, then they might have a Minnesota circa 2011 experience on their trip to Chestnut Hill.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post

I really hope that this game doesn't overlap the Clarkson game. This matchup really intrigues me.
                              Likewise.

Unfortunately, the game times have been posted at NCAA. Assuming east/central times: Clarkson 2 PM east, BC 1 PM east, Colgate 3 PM east, Wisconsin 2 PM central.

Comment

Working...
                              X