UMass Lowell 2018: Champions of the Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2018: Champions of the Offseason

I like the idea of having everything be consistent. Interesting that the Beanpot teams will now need to play a 5 min OT before moving on to the full 20 min OT periods.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
      I like the idea of having everything be consistent. Interesting that the Beanpot teams will now need to play a 5 min OT before moving on to the full 20 min OT periods.
      I'm sure we'll see plenty of slashing and too many men on the ice penalties early in the season.

Comment

From today's Boston Globe. How former Bruin Bobby Robins survived the depths of despair.

Comment

Some rumors around that the Bruins are looking into signing FA Carter Hutton.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            As much as I'd love to see the Bruins sign him, I'm hoping he gets a starting role on another team. He's played well enough to deserve the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
              I'm still in for the school of thought that Norm isn't leaving until we win a National Championship
              In other words, he's never leaving.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I was chatting with someone last week and brought this up as a possibility, since the Bruins may need a backup goalie if they don't resign Khudobin.

I just can't see him getting a starting job anywhere. While his numbers were great last year, he's only played more than 30 games in a season 3 times and his career high is 40. Plus, he'll turn 33 during the upcoming season. There are plenty of teams that can use a dependable guy who can play 25-35 games a year to rest their #1 goalie.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Any news on Lowell players being invited to NHL Development camps?
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    I was chatting with someone last week and brought this up as a possibility, since the Bruins may need a backup goalie if they don't resign Khudobin.

I just can't see him getting a starting job anywhere. While his numbers were great last year, he's only played more than 30 games in a season 3 times and his career high is 40. Plus, he'll turn 33 during the upcoming season. There are plenty of teams that can use a dependable guy who can play 25-35 games a year to rest their #1 goalie.
                    Good point on his age. I didn't realize he was already 32. Man does time fly.

Comment

Any news on Lowell players being invited to NHL Development camps?
                      Evingson is confirmed to Winnipeg's, but that's it so far.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                        Evingson is confirmed to Winnipeg's, but that's it so far.
                        Lohin

Comment

Updated list for Development Camps:

Barton - Detroit
                          Evingson - Winnipeg
                          Lohin - Tampa Bay
                          Wall - New York Rangers

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                            Updated list for Development Camps:

Barton - Detroit
                            Evingson - Winnipeg
                            Lohin - Tampa Bay
                            Wall - New York Rangers
                            Thanks Scott. Smaller number than normal (if that's the final list).
                            Monty

Comment

Thanks Scott. Smaller number than normal (if that's the final list).
                              It's not final yet. There's still about 10 teams that haven't posted rosters for their development camps yet, and at least 1 or 2 more Lowell players should be on those lists.

Comment

Tough news for UVM as Ross Colton signs with Tampa Bay.

Comment

Working...
                                X