Maine vs. UNH: Old Ties Die Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine vs. UNH: Old Ties Die Hard

Well, we have both been living in a set of suck.

But we can go at it as we always have.

And we can look forward to better days. We will be up next year.

Re: Maine vs. UNH: Old Ties Die Hard

https://youtu.be/NiBEPJehqUQ

Comment

If Tirone is in net next weekend, Black Bears season will be over soon. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Yes. But I am trying too.

So you suck. And that every time I went to whitt I saw very rednecks. Worse even than in maine. Ok take that!

Comment

Whatever
          Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Won't matter who's in net if we can't score some you know those goal thingies 😳 But... Go 'Cats anyway!!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Comes down to "IF" Maine can solve Tirone in net and NOT let him get into their heads...plus Swayman needs to be on top of his game...which I think he will and the always ugly dumb penalty's Maine has been taking the last few games...figure close games {3-2,4-3,Overtime types} and well could be a 3 game series. Hopefully the building will be rock'in..!

Comment

Maine is getting ready. Heard during practices this week Red is going to put his goalies in road blue UNH jerseys and give gold stars out each time his skaters hit the "N"
                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  Remember when UNH used to be good, and UMaine used to be really good?

This coming weekend won't remind any of us of those long ago days, sadly.

Coach Umile's career will end this weekend up in Orono, the only more fitting site would have been Amherst.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Coach Umile's career will end this weekend up in Orono, the only more fitting site would have been Amherst.
                    Anaheim
                    The Souza record:
                    15-16 10th place
                    16-17 10th place
                    17-18 11th place
                    18-19 8th place
                    19-20 9th place
                    20-21 10th place
                    21-22 9th place
                    22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                      Maine is getting ready. Heard during practices this week Red is going to put his goalies in road blue UNH jerseys and give gold stars out each time his skaters hit the "N"
                      Oh that's been the recipe of late, right in the bread basket for a easy save...........but do you really think it will be that easy this coming weekend..? if you do...the alarm is going off and you were having a dream........................................

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        Oh that's been the recipe of late, right in the bread basket for a easy save...........but do you really think it will be that easy this coming weekend..? if you do...the alarm is going off and you were having a dream........................................
                        Alot of UDS (Umile Derangement Syndrome) around the Whitt last night. Couldn't believe the hysteria when he pulled Tirone. The guy gave up 6 goals in 52 minutes this weekend. How many would he have given up if he stayed in there? People say the coach embarrassed the goalie. It would have been more embarrassing to Tirone had he stayed in the net. But I honestly believe that Dick was trying to keep Tirone's psyche together going into the playoffs. The coach's obsession with that goaltender is really weird and I think he was trying to protect him. Its like Tirone pulled a thorn out of Dick's paw once up on a time and he has never forgotten it.

Anyhow the playoffs tend to be low scoring close games. And if Tirone performs well early you have to wonder how Maine reacts. Its like Tirone is both Umile's head and Maine's head as well.
                        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Alot of UDS (Umile Derangement Syndrome) around the Whitt last night. Couldn't believe the hysteria when he pulled Tirone. The guy gave up 6 goals in 52 minutes this weekend. How many would he have given up if he stayed in there? People say the coach embarrassed the goalie. It would have been more embarrassing to Tirone had he stayed in the net. But I honestly believe that Dick was trying to keep Tirone's psyche together going into the playoffs. The coach's obsession with that goaltender is really weird and I think he was trying to protect him. Its like Tirone pulled a thorn out of Dick's paw once up on a time and he has never forgotten it.

Anyhow the playoffs tend to be low scoring close games. And if Tirone performs well early you have to wonder how Maine reacts. Its like Tirone is both Umile's head and Maine's head as well.
                          Agreed.

Comment

Thorn in paw = CDS

And very harsh (but amusing) with the "Anaheim" quip there, 'watcher.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Northeastern ability to score is significantly different than Maine's ability to score. NU abused Tirrone, Maine makes him look good by shooting into the chest even when flopping like a seal.
                              Both teams are shells of former selves. The fierce rivalry that used to exist on here is now who gives a ****.
                              I want Maine to win but it wouldn't surprise me, W or L .
                              You guys have doubts on your new coach, we have doubts on ours. It will be interesting to see if Red gets another extension.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                              X