WCHA Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA Playoffs

Anyone seeing any upsets this year?. Maybe an underdog wins the Tournament and gets an auto bid into the final eight.

Re: WCHA Playoffs

Originally posted by *WH-fan* View Post
    Anyone seeing any upsets this year?. Maybe an underdog wins the Tournament and gets an auto bid into the final eight.
    Best chance IMO is Bemidji State beating the Bulldogs. I'd give them about a 30% chance.
    St. Cloud has come on strong as of late and could upend the Gophers. I'd give them about a 20% chance.
    Least likely is Minnesota State vs. Ohio State. Not impossible, but probably no more than a 10% chance.

Although not entirely out of the realm of possibility, and I hope I'm wrong, I don't see any of these teams upending the Badgers in the final and receiving an auto bid.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I don't see any of the road teams being able to win twice on the road, but I do see UW not winning the tourney due to their recent play.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Minnesota state could get one from Ohio., that's all
        St Cloud will win one from Minnesota. Polusny is playing well and capable of stealing a game. If it's the first game, it will test the psyche of the gophs. This is the most interesting series IMO.
        UMD should take the series, Beavers don't have a goalie.

After that - its Badger time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciscokid View Post
          Minnesota state could get one from Ohio., that's all
          St Cloud will win one from Minnesota. Polusny is playing well and capable of stealing a game. If it's the first game, it will test the psyche of the gophs. This is the most interesting series IMO.
          UMD should take the series, Beavers don't have a goalie.

After that - its Badger time.
          This is Wisconsin's year. No upset there. The Gophers are playing better of late. I liked OS early but it appears they have come down to earth. UMD has been trending up for the last 6-8 weeks. Bemidji has struggled in the nets and lacked the Bemidji grit of years past. Going to the Freshman goalie may make a difference. St. Cloud lack scoring and is young, but have played everyone tough all year. Mankato......Lot of heart on that team.

Predictions .... all top four teams moving on with maybe St. Cloud stealing a game and possibly the series.

Comment

Working...
          X