Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympic women's hockey

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Gigi Marvin for tournament MVP just for that.
    I forgot who it was. Yes, I second your motion.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Yes, but on the other hand, having to work through the tougher semifinal will probably be beneficial come next week.
      As long as they "work though" that semifinal. The key word being through.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Lot of young team mistakes by my Russian squad this morning. IIRC, 2 or 3 goals off d-zone turnovers, 3 power play goals against...they'll learn not to take those penalties with experience and hopefully ease the mistakes out of their game.

The score was not really indicative of the play, I think it was fairly even with Finland edging it...could've had more than one but Noora is Noora.
        Finland got absolutely hosed by the refs when they played Russia at the world championships. Even by the extremely low standards set for the refs they usually get it wrong both ways. At that game they made call after call against Finland (most for imaginary things). Noora was livid after the game and tore into them. My guess is she made sure she was especially sharp against OAR

Comment

At the end of the day I think last night's game had no more weight to it than an exhibition game between the two powers. If Canada puts too much stock in their win they're in deep trouble. They shouldn't be satisfied with their effort becuse they didn't play 60 minutes of hockey. They got the 2-0 lead and then hung on for dear life. If the US puts too much stock in how many shots they had then they're also in deep trouble. Canada has a very difficult decision to make in terms of their goaltending. From what I've seen so far they might be smart to go with LaCasse again when they face the US in the gold medal game but my guts tell me they're going to go with Zabados just because of her history and experience in the Olympics. That might be their biggest mistake. Time will tell but you heard it here first. In his post-game interview Stauber foreshadowed a big breakout game by his team in terms of their scoring potential. I think he's hoping it will happen in the gold medal game but if it should happen in the semi-finals first then I would think it would be hard to replicate that type of offensive output in back-to-back games especially when the second game would be against Canada, their toughest opponent obviously.

Personally I was glad to NOT see the super-duper-loop-de-loop-regroup by team USA. That nonsense simply isn't hockey. If they combine their speed and finesse with more grit in dirty areas of the ice they will win.

EDIT: I think Canada needs to spend less time trying to show how physical they are and more time keeping their feet moving and trying to play hockey to the best of their ability. If they do that they will be a much tougher team to beat.

EDIT 2: No red on these white US unis either! What's the deal?!
          Last edited by shelfit; 02-15-2018, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            Canada has a very difficult decision to make in terms of their goaltending. From what I've seen so far they might be smart to go with LaCasse again when they face the US in the gold medal game but my guts tell me they're going to go with Zabados just because of her history and experience in the Olympics. That might be their biggest mistake. Time will tell but you heard it here first.
            The coaches should go to the news archives and refresh their memories on the Brianna Scurry/Hope Solo issue during the 2007 Women's World Cup [soccer].

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              The coaches should go to the news archives and refresh their memories on the Brianna Scurry/Hope Solo issue during the 2007 Women's World Cup [soccer].
              This soccer you speak of, is it a sport???

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                This soccer you speak of, is it a sport???
                Not sure, but much can be learned from it. At the Olympic level, it is the ultimate evolution of the "super-duper-loop-de-loop-regroup" of which you speak.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Not sure, but much can be learned from it. At the Olympic level, it is the ultimate evolution of the "super-duper-loop-de-loop-regroup" of which you speak.
                  LMAO!! Fantastic response! I salute you!

Comment

Hahahaha!!

Did anyone who was watching the Korea vs Japan game earlier today see this guy in the stands?

He got hauled away ostensibly for his own safety!!! Hahaha.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/olymp...erleaders.html

Comment

why did Stauber not pull Rooney late in the period for a 2 man advantage on the PP? Very surprising. And has anybody found out why Ken Klee was fired? Was it due to coaching or something else?

Comment

Nervous as hell right now...
                        https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

ГОООООООООООООЛ!!! Five on three shorty shokhina

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Jesus Alina Müller is a cheat code

Comment

ГОООООООООООООЛ!!! Five on three shorty shokhina
                              Gorgeous goal.

And Schelling is no slouch. I see she's turfed her oversized cage from her NCAA days.

Comment

ГОООООООООООООООООООООЛЛЛЛЛЛЛЛЛЛЛЛЛЛЛЛЛЛЛЛЛ!! !

This is a fantastic hockey game. Tough break for Schelling, but it's got me happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X