Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boring 2018 Bracketology Thread - Here we go again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    For the first time in 40 years, both Minnesota and North Dakota will miss the NCAA Tournament. Crazy.
    Nothing against either team, but it is nice to see some new blood in the tournament. Good luck to the field of 16.

Comment

• Re: Boring 2018 Bracketology Thread - Here we go again...

Can't speak for NoDak. Can speak as a Gopher fan. Losing 4 straight to Penn State leaves no excuse. 4 straight. In hockey. Where Princeton wins the ECAC. Where strange things happen. 4 straight. Just awful.

Go MTU. For old times' sake.

Comment

I saw something somewhere that said Clarkson could fall out. Are we sure it's Gophers out, Clarkson in
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          For the first time in 40 years, both Minnesota and North Dakota will miss the NCAA Tournament. Crazy.
          And Boston College!!! Three teams that we have all come to expect will be there more often than not. But that just goes to show how many more good programs are in college hockey now than in past decades.
          National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
          National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            I saw something somewhere that said Clarkson could fall out. Are we sure it's Gophers out, Clarkson in
            That was me. My predictor screwed up and somehow got Clarkson down to 13. I refreshed it then ran the scenario again and got the proper results.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              I wish you were right, but Clarkson is in at #10. The Gophers fall to #13, first team on the outside looking in. I didn't expect them to go far if they made it but it would have been great to see 5 teams from the Big Ten. But still, though, it is nice having four of them including a couple of 1 seeds. Best conference in college hockey this year!
              National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
              National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

The 1v4 in each bracket seems straightforward, but the 2v3 in every bracket is up in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                  Can't speak for NoDak. Can speak as a Gopher fan. Losing 4 straight to Penn State leaves no excuse. 4 straight. In hockey. Where Princeton wins the ECAC. Where strange things happen. 4 straight. Just awful.

Go MTU. For old times' sake.
                  North Dakota just didn't have that killer instinct this season. They lost five (5) games after leading at least 2-0 in the last half of the season. They win any one of those games, and they are comfortably in the NCAAs. That being said, they didn't deserve it this year. I'm glad for Minnesota Duluth. They are actually capable of winning the NCAAs this year. North Dakota and Minnesota would have almost certainly been one and done.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    North Dakota just didn't have that killer instinct this season. They lost five (5) games after leading at least 2-0 in the last half of the season. They win any one of those games, and they are comfortably in the NCAAs. That being said, they didn't deserve it this year. I'm glad for Minnesota Duluth. They are actually capable of winning the NCAAs this year. North Dakota and Minnesota would have almost certainly been one and done.
                    Duluth is only about as good as Minnesota or North Dakota this year. They've had their moments here and there but they've been very inconsistent. They might win a game, but out of the entire field of 16 I see them as one of the least capable teams of winning a national championship. We'll find out a week from now.

23 > 21

Comment

My apologies if I missed this, but...is there no selection show on tv tomorrow? Haven’t seen anything advertised or in my guide.
                      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                        My apologies if I missed this, but...is there no selection show on tv tomorrow? Haven’t seen anything advertised or in my guide.
                        ESPNU at noon Eastern time.

23 > 21

Comment

Penn State is hosting in Allentown.

The other threes are
                          9 Northeastern
                          10 Clarkson
                          12 Duluth

Would the committee make either NE or Ck go west while forcing Duluth to go all the way to the east coast? Assuming they won't do that, the only question among the two seeds is where to send Providence and Mankato. If the NCAA wanted an attendance juggernaut in Worcester, they can put Cornell v BU and PC vs Ck there and move Mk to Allentown.

If the NCAA switches UMD and one of the eastern schools, all bets are off.

Comment

the PWC: https://goo.gl/pbrCma
                            1. SCSU v 16. USAFA -- 8.Mich v 9. Northeastern
                            2. ND v 15. MTU -- 7. Prov v 10. CCT
                            3 Cornell v 14. Princeton -- 6. MSU-M v 11. PSU
                            4. tOSU v 13. BU -- 5. DU v 12. UMD

Flip BU and Princeton and Penn State and UMD
                            So the Brackets could be

Sioux Falls: SCSU v USAFA -- Mich v Northeastern
                            Allentown: tOSU v Princeton -- DU v PSU (host)
                            Bridgeport: ND v MTU -- Providence v CCT
                            Worcester: Cornell v BU -- MSU-M v UMD
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Who needs a selection show? We have this thread

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                Who needs a selection show? We have this thread
                                And no Barry Melrose.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X