Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boring 2018 Bracketology Thread - Here we go again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boring 2018 Bracketology Thread - Here we go again...

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
    I'm a Minnesota fan, so I tend to be with you. But, continuing your hypothetical:
    Suppose 2 of the three who won their first game were outshot 33-19 or some such thing, and the one who went to the F4 won a 3OT thriller with 2 amazing saves by their own goalie in the 2nd OT???

Point being: One and done hockey results don't really say much.
    Excellent points!!! That's why I have a hard time putting too much stock in one and done results of specific teams when comparing one entire conference to another over the course of a whole season. All things considered, I am pleased with where the Big Ten is at this point in time. If they get 5 teams in the tournament and all 5 end up being one and done, of course that would open up a new can of worms but I don't see that happening.
    National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
    National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Games are not over, but currently, ALL SIX games are falling against Minnesota. Incredible....

Comment

Is Denver out of a #1 now?
        I think so. I can't move them from #5 overall.

Comment

• Michigan Tech is a few minutes away from a W. How does this impact in/out?
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            Michigan Tech is a few minutes away from a W. How does this impact in/out?
            Final nail in BC coffin. And, one positive puzzle piece for UMD in case the BU and Princeton results continue as they are.

Comment

Subscribed
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So if all six shoes drop for Minnesota, are they “hard” out or could we see the smoke-filled room aspect of the PWR come out?
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

BU in
                  MTU in
                  Princeton - almost in
                  NoDak out
                  Because AFA is up 4-1...
                  Last spot in the field will be UMD or UMTC and UMTC needs either SCSU or OSU to make a comeback.

Ha. I was hoping to jinx Princeton, and lo and behold, Clarkson comes through with a tying goal.....
                  If Clarkson wins, BOTH UMTC and UMD are in...
                  Last edited by Numbers; 03-17-2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    So if all six shoes drop for Minnesota, are they “hard” out or could we see the smoke-filled room aspect of the PWR come out?
                    Would be "hard out" the 3 lines of the compare:
                    RPI- UMD wins by .0001
                    CommOpp - Minn wins by the diff between a tie and a loss (as close as it gets)
                    H2H - UMD won the only game

There is no way any committee would overrule the slight RPI margin in that case.

Comment

Got Denver to 4. If DU, ND and Clarkson win...

Comment

Ohio State just tied Notre Dame

Comment

And I was afraid tonight would be anticlimactic

Comment

Here's something interesting, I think....
                            If Minnesota gets in, they get in as 12th. If they fall to 13th, that means UMD passes them in RPI, and the only way that happens is if all 6 shoes drop and Minn is out completely.
                            This means, imo, that if Minn qualifies, then they will play Mankato in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Here's something interesting, I think....
                              If Minnesota gets in, they get in as 12th. If they fall to 13th, that means UMD passes them in RPI, and the only way that happens is if all 6 shoes drop and Minn is out completely.
                              This means, imo, that if Minn qualifies, then they will play Mankato in Sioux Falls.
                              Princeton just beat Clarkson, so... Go Buckeyes!!!
                              National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                              National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Would be "hard out" the 3 lines of the compare:
                                RPI- UMD wins by .0001
                                CommOpp - Minn wins by the diff between a tie and a loss (as close as it gets)
                                H2H - UMD won the only game

There is no way any committee would overrule the slight RPI margin in that case.
                                .0001 RPI? That’s well within their fudge factor of quality wins and whatnot.

Someone could sneeze in that room and swing the RPI. That being said, I doubt it but it wouldn’t be the first time in even the last number of years a team got in like that.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X