Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boring 2018 Bracketology Thread - Here we go again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boring 2018 Bracketology Thread - Here we go again...

Here are all the possibilities I see. With the shortened conference tournament weekend this year, there aren't many surprises.

https://collegehockeyranked.com/forecast/pwrtournament/

So far this seems to fit with other sources, but let me know if you see something I've missed.

Comment

So 12 of 16 are locked. Outside of autobids Saturday night could be meaningless if games on Friday go to form. Only the BC/BU winner might be alive to play spoiler. It'd be much more fun if there's an upset in the ECAC (looking at you, Harvard) and North Dakota is in the late game.

Comment

BC can get in if they lose in title game so not really a Michigan Tech situation. The drama might be in the NCHC consolation game.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          BC can get in if they lose in title game so not really a Michigan Tech situation. The drama might be in the NCHC consolation game.
          I could be wrong but if BC doesn't win Hockey East their fate is tied to North Dakota. If UND wins either game they knock the Eagles out.

Comment

Yup. But considering North Dakota is the #4 seed in NCHC, i don't think it's crazy to think they go 0-2 or 0-1-1.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Yup. But considering North Dakota is the #4 seed in NCHC, i don't think it's crazy to think they go 0-2 or 0-1-1.
              I think UND will win at least one. To me the big deal is in HE. NU being in, I don't think they will play as hard as they otherwise might.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Well you could say same about Cornell but i think they'll play as hard as they can. You wanna be the ones celebrating with a trophy.

Comment

There will be a lot of Northeastern and Providence fans in North Dakota this weekend.
                  Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    ...NU being in, I don't think they will play as hard as they otherwise might.
                    NU has only recently discovered that carrying trophies around the ice at the Gahden is fun. "Please sir, more."
                    Last edited by Split-N; 03-12-2018, 08:54 PM.
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                      NU has only recently discovered that carrying trophies around the ice at the Gahden is fun. "Please sir, more."
                      Seriously.

Every game from here on out is the suoer bowl for nu

Uncharted territory as they lost the maps
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Seriously.

Every game from here on out is the suoer bowl for nu

Uncharted territory as they lost the maps
                        Not quite uncharted. They hoisted the Lamoriello Trophy in 2016, remember?
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Mookie has only seen 3 of those for BU in the last 20 years so it's a struggle for him to remember anything

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            Not quite uncharted. They hoisted the Lamoriello Trophy in 2016, remember?
                            mookie can't hear you... he has bu's national championship rings in his ears

Comment

Mookie has only seen 3 of those for BU in the last 20 years so it's a struggle for him to remember anything
                              well done........but split-n should know Mookie's shtick by now. He's gonna pile on NU at every turn, warranted or not!

Comment

um, that is uhn territory with cannon fodder trophies. as marie antoinette would say, "let them eat cake".

Comment

Working...
                                X