Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU - #1 in the PWR, but are they for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU - #1 in the PWR, but are they for real?

I'm not going to post here, at least I'll try to resist, lol, just can't stand the idea that the #1 ranked team in the country doesn't have a place for its fans to talk about their team, that technically counts me, but I'll try to spare you all. And maybe you/they will stop coming into the Gopher threads for lack of anywhere else to go, lol.

#1 in the PWR, #2 in the USA today poll, #2 in the KRACH, #3 in the UCSHO poll, #3 in the Massey Ratings, #4 in our hearts? j/k #3 at least, for me!!!

winners of 5 in a row, including 3 straight ROAD games, saw one of their NHLers actually scored, they've got at least one on the US Men's Olympic team, SCSU is OWNING it.

This has to be their year!!!

and their next 6 games? All vs Top 15 ranked teams, with the best of those being a home series??? This is it, this is where SCSU either scares the cr@p out of the rest of us, showing that they are FOR REAL, or get exposed.

Any predictions for a road series vs #15 WMU? I predict a split. But would not be in any way shocked if they sweep, 5 wins in a row, 3 on the road? They are on a roll!!!

Do Stearns Country proud!!! And Wright and every other county touching Stearns, your our team Huskies!!!
    Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 02-12-2018, 07:54 PM.

Re: SCSU - #1 in the PWR, but are they for real?

You really are an ***...
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

JDubbs built himself his own little playpen! How cute!
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        You really are an ***...
        What did I do now? I'm a Gopher fan, I can't say 3 good things about SCSU without throwing in a little light hearted jab? I mean come on, I thought I did a good job of pimping your team, my 3rd favorite team???

I can see it now, an all Mn FF. SCSU vs Mankato and UMD vs the Gophers. Not even a fantasy, as all 4 are ranked among the Top 9 in the country right now.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
          What did I do now? I'm a Gopher fan, I can't say 3 good things about SCSU without throwing in a little light hearted jab? I mean come on, I thought I did a good job of pimping your team, my 3rd favorite team???

I can see it now, an all Mn FF. SCSU vs Mankato and UMD vs the Gophers. Not even a fantasy, as all 4 are ranked among the Top 9 in the country right now.
          This thread...like you...was not needed.
          My prediction..you end up with the most posts in it Dubbers.
          Have fun with yourself...
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            JDubbs built himself his own little playpen! How cute!
            No, I built this playpen for YOU Tipsy, you and your little Husky friends.

Maybe I did it out of pity? Maybe I was being generous or kind? Maybe as a way of saying sorry for all the mean things I said about SCSU in the thread that shall never ever be spoken of ever again, or maybe I did it as a way of saying, COME HERE AND STAY OUT OF THE GOPHER THREAD??? lol Or come up with your own pet theory. I don't care. Not here to gloat, kind of hard when you all have moved back up into 1st,

I grew up in Wright Country, St Cloud wasn't even 30 minutes away. I'm a fan. Don't believe me if you can't stomach it, I'll understand. Doesn't matter to me.

Either way, good luck this weekend with WMU. Later.

Comment

I'm an SCSU fan. Started this thread with the best of intentions. I'm sorry for all that transpired in the thread that shall not be spoken of, but I moved on, apparently you ppl haven't? Dudes, what does that say about YOU???

Move on. Btw, the moderators are watching, so....

Comment

Does Granato have something against Borgen? Kid has yet to see the ice in the Olympics.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I’m saying the same thing I’ve said all season—no matter what the rankings and polls say all season, DU is the favorite to win. Motzko era is not the Dahl era so I don’t have any reason to believe SCSU can’t at least still be in come April. Hopefully Mankato doesn’t get the shaft like Tech did last year having to face DU the first game. They have a shot to be a 1 seed. I worry Mankato is more likely to choke than SCSU but hopefully not. No idea what happened to WMU they are usually a solid spoiler that has UMDs number and they were recently in the top 5 but they seem to really suck right now
                  I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                    I’m saying the same thing I’ve said all season—no matter what the rankings and polls say all season, DU is the favorite to win. Motzko era is not the Dahl era so I don’t have any reason to believe SCSU can’t at least still be in come April. Hopefully Mankato doesn’t get the shaft like Tech did last year having to face DU the first game. They have a shot to be a 1 seed. I worry Mankato is more likely to choke than SCSU but hopefully not. No idea what happened to WMU they are usually a solid spoiler that has UMDs number and they were recently in the top 5 but they seem to really suck right now
                    Mankato is currently 4th in the pairwise, Denver is 5th. How would they play each other in the first game? How much have you had to drink today?
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                      Even if you think Denver is a better team than St. Cloud, which is questionable if you look at both teams' body of work and the results of this past weekend, I am not sure how you could declare them the favorite. They would still have a much harder path to the title than St. Cloud, or even Notre Dame or Cornell.

Comment

Working...
                      X