Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Princeton & Quinnipiac (2/16, 2/17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Princeton & Quinnipiac (2/16, 2/17)

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Princeton & Quinnipiac (2/16, 2/17)

When RPI played these teams three months ago, they came away with a split.

Despite falling two goals behind in the first four minutes of the game and being outshot 39-19 for the game, RPI won on Friday night against Quinnipiac, 5-3, on the strength of Viktor Liljegren's hat trick and Chase Perry's strong play in goal. Of course, it is unlikely that Perry will get the start against the Bobcats this time around and Liljegren is very questionable with an injury.

When RPI played Princeton the next night, the Field House staff evidently misread the memo about which way they were supposed to tilt the ice. Princeton's shot totals by period were 16-4-16, while RPI's were 8-18-3. The Tigers led, 3-2, after one and increased that lead to 4-2 despite apparently being badly outplayed in the second. RPI's hopes that their strong play in the second period might carry over to the third were doused quickly when the Tigers scored twice in the first 2:18 of the third period to establish a 6-2 lead that wound up as the final score.

Princeton's goalie in that game, as he has been for most of the season, was freshman Ryan Ferland. Chase Perry started for RPI but has lost the starting job to freshman Linden Marshall. Both of these freshman goalies have had their highs and lows this season, though Ferland seems to have the luxury of operating with more offensive support than Marshall usually gets.

Not sure how many RPI fans plan to be at this Friday's game, but I'll be one of them. I'll be in Section 123, Row F.

Comment

Re: RPI & Union @ Princeton & Quinnipiac (2/16, 2/17)

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      Not sure how many RPI fans plan to be at this Friday's game, but I'll be one of them. I'll be in Section 123, Row F.
      Not I, said the dude. Already went to my local ones. Usually a very good contingent that goes to at least Princeton, though.

Comment

Working...
      X