X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMaine Black Bears 2017/18, Red dawn

I saw this...

Tim Gould (Notre Dame Hounds) has committed to the University of Maine for 2019-2020. @MaineIceHockey @TimmyG_3 @ndjrahounds @theSJHL

6' 183 lbs left shot offensive '00 defenseman from Riverview, NB. Has 29 point in 39 games.

Was named SJHL defenseman of the week. http://www.notredamehounds.ca/news_article/show/878688

http://www.notredamehounds.ca/news_a...id=631351-news
    Last edited by BlackI; 02-07-2018, 12:31 PM.

Re: UMaine Black Bears 2017/18, Red dawn

Exciting to get a commitment from a d-man that can score!

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
      I found some highlights in case you want to see...

https://vimeo.com/245936039

Comment

Some more highlights from last year on AAA midget team. He is rookie in SJHL this season...

https://youtu.be/6jcT84or1YU

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          Not being facetious here, but I'd much prefer a D-crew that can keep the play in front of it, and not throw careless passes across it's own low-slot, not make bad pinches, etc.

Maine's glaring weakness is it's D. The 'tending and the forwards are good enough to win most nights... The D is clearly the weak link. The occasional open slappa finding the net is mere frosting on the cake; these guys are called "defensemen" for a reason.

(Tell ya what: give me 6 "boring, stay-at-home" guys like Mike Lundin on this team, and Maine is squarely in the PWR as we speak.)
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-07-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Not being facetious here, but I'd much prefer a D-crew that can keep the play in front of it, and not throw careless passes across it's own low-slot, not make bad pinches, etc.

Maine's glaring weakness is it's D. The 'tending and the forwards are good enough to win most nights... The D is clearly the weak link. The occasional open slappa finding the net is mere frosting on the cake; these guys are called "defensemen" for a reason.
            Gotta say, I agree with this. When I saw it was a D we got, I was excited, but now that he’s another “offensive defenseman” it isn’t really what the team needs.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
              Gotta say, I agree with this. When I saw it was a D we got, I was excited, but now that he’s another “offensive defenseman” it isn’t really what the team needs.
              He would come in 19/20 season according to article. That season would need to replace Michel and potentially Holway(if he leaves early). Also, I didn't read anything where it said he is bad in his own end.

Butala is coming in next season. He seems more defensive defensemen as does Spicer(redshirt).

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                He would come in 19/20 season according to article. That season would need to replace Michel and potentially Holway(if he leaves early). Also, I didn't read anything where it said he is bad in his own end.

Butala is coming in next season. He seems more defensive defensemen as does Spicer(redshirt).
                What happens with Spicer, Herner, and Moran? I would think one or two of them aren’t around next year.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  What happens with Spicer, Herner, and Moran? I would think one or two of them aren’t around next year.
                  I don't know what will happen. My suggestion would be - compete.

Comment

(Tell ya what: give me 6 "boring, stay-at-home" guys like Mike Lundin on this team, and Maine is squarely in the PWR as we speak.)
                    You mean the senior that was second in scoring on the team by a defensemen and had the worst plus minus rating on the team for a defensemen.

Can you find a better example?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      You mean the senior that was second in scoring on the team by a defensemen and had the worst plus minus rating on the team for a defensemen.

Can you find a better example?
                      Plus-minus is so over-rated as to be almost meaningless... Did you ever see him play?

Comment

Plus-minus is so over-rated as to be almost meaningless... Did you ever see him play?
                        Of course. If you want an example of boring but solid defensively then in that same era was Travis Ramsey. He was always near the top of defensemen on his team in +/- rating. You would think a converted forward would be more offensive, but he wasnt. Just steady solid defensemen.

Much better example for the point you were trying to make.

Comment

Lol at anybody who thinks Mike Lundin wasn't good defensively

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Herner ain't playing unless he magically got faster. Haven't seen the other 2

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I'll take 18 skaters who can play in all three zones any day over a one dimensional player (unless his name is Gretzky)... Also Important for everyone to remember that although D is our weak point it got a lot better this year with incoming freshman and freshman improve over their tenure. The youth movement in Orono is something to be proud of, but as pointed out by many people on this forum not to be satisfied with. We can still be better and will get better!!
                              As for Gould, you don't get to be as sought after as he without being able to play defense. His offensive prowess comes from PP ability. Current player his skill set is most similar to his Holway.
                              As for roster questions, I would recommend checking the Roster Projection Table at the link in my signature, which includes primary source information, not personal opinion. Highly likely we are watching Michel's last few games in a Maine sweater. Holway is likely sticking around for another year pending unforeseen roster developments in Red Wings organization. I am keeping an eye on Moran's situation. Not sure what scholarship (academic/athletic) he has been offered if any. If academic you may see him stick around a la Sam Becker.
                              UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X