Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
    Was Bob the originator of "Shoot-Puck-SCORE!"? I still remember fondly the instant replays on the radio. When I tell people about them, they just laugh.
    I dont know the origination of Shoot, Puck, SCORE! But I remember the students chanting that when the Huskies were on a PP. I wish the Misfits would start it up again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
      It's a real pleasure having Alabama Huntsville, along with the Alaska schools, in the WCHA.
      If we take a few more wins off of you, you won't be as happy about it.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        Its always a good time to root against NMU.

How about a Tech-NMU final on St Patrick’s Day? That could be fun. Good luck at Mankato!
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          How about a Tech-NMU final on St Patrick’s Day? That could be fun. Good luck at Mankato!
          I'd like that. Good luck to the Cats too.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            My liver says that's a terrible idea.

But I like it!
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

If you never heard Bob Olson call a Huskies game, you missed out. Here's a TV6 feature from 1993 to give you a little sample, and also a chance to hear from other people who treasured a great guy. Thanks for everything Bob.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sn...CjedfXTuwzbVFM

Comment

So we have a rematch of last year's semi-final vs. MSUM but it's in the other rink. We could also get a championship rematch vs. BGSU in the other rink. That's what makes great rivalries.

Although an all-UP championship at NMU would be fun too. Taking hardware out of the Berry would be awesome.

Comment

Saddened to learn of the passing of Tech hockey radio legend Bob Olson last night in Connecticut.
                  Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  If you never heard Bob Olson call a Huskies game, you missed out. Here's a TV6 feature from 1993 to give you a little sample... https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sn...CjedfXTuwzbVFM
                  I was fortunate to have Bob's voice in my ear all through out my college years. Below is a good story on some of his history at Tech and some of the great things he did for college hockey such as the first national poll.
                  https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne..._thespirit.php

Tech has had two of the best broadcasters in all of college hockey over the last few decades. Listen to another team's broadcast and you'll really appreciate the passion and skill of Bob and Dirk behind a mic.

Ryan
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    I disagree. I think Mankato for St. Patty’s Day sounds like more fun.

Any of you Misfits making the trip to Mankato?
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      My liver says that's a terrible idea.

But I like it!
                      I'm riding in the bandwagon. I have a Subaru and am not afraid to drive it! Some folks are having fun standing through the moon roof and throwing dead beavers onto the roadway...

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

We all spend too much time thinking about that it will end up Mankato Vs BG. One shot, one face off, and one period at a time.
                        “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                        – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                        when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

I was able to dig up two more games with radio calls from Bob Olson. If you hadn't heard him before, you'll like it. If you remember his calls, you'll love it.

Tech 5 UMD 5 from 1992 - https://youtu.be/WfOYEpKn3ZQ
                          Tech 7 Denver 3 from 1992 - https://youtu.be/Rq9bOlM96hY

Comment

Beat Mankato! (Twice)

Ryan
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              Beat Mankato! (Twice)

Ryan
                              Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                I was able to dig up two more games with radio calls from Bob Olson. If you hadn't heard him before, you'll like it. If you remember his calls, you'll love it.

Tech 5 UMD 5 from 1992 - https://youtu.be/WfOYEpKn3ZQ
                                Tech 7 Denver 3 from 1992 - https://youtu.be/Rq9bOlM96hY
                                He was always good. When I was at Northern in the middle 80's and early 90's, our radio guy was awful. Can't remember his name, and I hope I didn't offend anybody, but, man, it was bad.
                                Much better now.
                                “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                                – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                                when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Working...
                                X