X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    But don't you think this year Northeastern is a bigger draw??? I do. I hate hate hate that every time BU is a 1 or a 4 and should be playing the early game, NESN pushes the game to the nightcap. And why is it the few times BU is a 1 or a 4, they always seem to play BC???

ETA: Yay!! Thanks Tater.
    yes for in garden attendance
    no- for viewers on NESN
    8 pm game better for Providence fans

Comment

• Originally posted by bu98 View Post
      I thought it was the top seed choice for this tournament?

As best as we have been able to figure out over the years....NESN chooses. I don’t know if we ever got 100% confirmation on that.
      Last edited by ericredaxe; 03-10-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
        yes for in garden attendance
        no- for viewers on NESN
        8 pm game better for Providence fans
        Sounds about right.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          As best as we have been able to figure out over the years....NESN chooses. I don’t know if we ever got 100% confirmation on that.
          It's NESN.
          ÂŻ\_(ツ)_/ÂŻ

Comment

Originally posted by bu98 View Post
            I thought it was the top seed choice for this tournament?
            nopesies
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

2009, BU was #1 seed and playing BC. that game was nightcap. So if it's the early game this time around i really have no idea how they decide. Can't imagine Parker chose to play 2nd game back then.

Comment

Unless the league suggests it's better for Providence to be in 2nd game so fans can get up to Boston. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  As I recall, the highest remaining seed played in the early game until 2009, when #1 BU played #6 BC in the late game. I went through all the Hockey East press releases available online (which only go back to the 2003-04 season) and from 2004-08 the releases confirm the highest seed played in the early game. From 2010-14 once again the highest seed played in the early game and then in 2015 (#1 BU) and 2016 (#1 BC) the highest seed played in the late game. Last season the highest seed once again played in the early game.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                    What does this mean? That because they managed to beat a ****ty UConn team in OT that somehow the previous two and a half hours of utter and absolute **** doesn't matter?
                    Despite your claim to the contrary Connecticut was a good team and won 7 straight at the end of the season, including wins over each of the top 4 four (at PC, BC, at NU and BU). In fact, Connecticut is the only team to have wins all four this season.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                    NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      2009, BU was #1 seed and playing BC. that game was nightcap. So if it's the early game this time around i really have no idea how they decide. Can't imagine Parker chose to play 2nd game back then.
                      As #1 seed doesn’t BC have the early game Friday? I thought the #1 seeds usually play the early game to have a slight advantage of rest for the finals game
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        Despite your claim to the contrary Connecticut was a good team and won 7 straight at the end of the season, including wins over each of the top 4 four (at PC, BC, at NU and BU). In fact, Connecticut is the only team to have wins all four this season.

Sean
                        Yeah, they're not good. BC and BU are not good. PC is ok. NU is decent. Uconn was the 5th best team in the 4th best conference. That's not good. If logic fails, just watch the games this weekend. That was not good hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          That team had a lot of players that weren't D-1 caliber.

And Rodrigues had only 10 points, I think. Then he racked up over 60 with Eichel the next year.
                          Evan Rodrigues had an up and down career at BU. After a solid freshman season (tied for 108th out of 227 and 79th out of 158 forwards in scoring since 1984) he septupled his goals and almost tripled is overall points his sophomore season. However, as part of the dismal 2013-14 season his scoring dropped to close to his freshman season, before rising once again his senior season.

2011-12 - 2-10-12
                          2012-13 - 14-20-34
                          2013-14 - 5-9-14
                          2014-15 - 21-40-61

As a freshman he played with 9 different players on 8 different line combinations, only one which showed promise: Matt Nieto on left wing, Sahir Gill at center and Evan on right wing for 11 games. As a sophomore he only played with 4 different players on 3 different line combinations, one on which he recorded most of his points: Matt Nieto on left wing, Danny O'Regan at center and Evan on right wing for 29 games. As a junior he played with 8 different players on 9 different line combinations, none which showed promise. As a senior he played with 7 different players on 5 different line combinations, again one on which he recorded most of his points: Evan on left wing, Jack Eichel at center and Danny O'Regan on right wing for 25 games.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            I would love to see the 1991 or 1995 #'s.
                            I aim to please
                            Goals by line:
                            1990-91, 41 games
                            1st - 87
                            2nd - 59
                            3rd - 38
                            4th - 13
                            1994-95, 40 games
                            1st - 58
                            2nd - 69
                            3rd - 39
                            4th - 31

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            Thanks for the post Sean. Curry scores tonight!
                            Or not

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                            NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                              Yeah, they're not good. BC and BU are not good. PC is ok. NU is decent. Uconn was the 5th best team in the 4th best conference. That's not good. If logic fails, just watch the games this weekend. That was not good hockey.
                              4th best conference? OK, I get Big Ten and NCHC. Who's 3rd?

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                                I'll let you ***** about BU underachieving but BC is a decent team. And what is the 3rd best conference this year? The ECAC? I don’t think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X