Adrian hockey -A decade of destruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian hockey -A decade of destruction

Pretty disappointed to hear UWSP coach Tyler Krueger call the Bulldogs a cheap team in the post game interview last night.

Re: Adrian hockey -A decade of destruction

Quite a few penalties handed out at 13:56 in the 2nd. Is there a video of the fight that broke out?
    5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
      Quite a few penalties handed out at 13:56 in the 2nd. Is there a video of the fight that broke out?
      No need to see last night's video if you saw tonight's. Not sure why Krueger would say the Bulldogs are a cheap team

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
        No need to see last night's video if you saw tonight's. Not sure why Krueger would say the Bulldogs are a cheap team
        What was Tanner Karty yelling at you during the fight?

Comment

Also, who allows these two teams to keep playing each other? Has there been a game between the two where at least one fight didn't break out/one player's leg shatter because of a cheap shot by a certain Bulldog?

Comment

Also, who allows these two teams to keep playing each other? Has there been a game between the two where at least one fight didn't break out/one player's leg shatter because of a cheap shot by a certain Bulldog?
            I suspect you won't see these two teams play one another again any time soon, unless it's during an NCAA tournament game. When the post-game handshake is cancelled by the refs, and Coach Krug is walking over and sticking his finger into Coach Krueger's chest, it's pretty obvious that basic sportsmanship is no longer present.

My favorite team, SNC, and UWSP have a long and bitter rivalry, including some ugly moments (see Forrest Gore vs. Rob May) - but there was never the lack of regard for sportsmanship that I see with Adrian every time they match up with the Pointers.

I continue to assert that Adrian will not win a national championship until Coach Krug gets his temper under control. Adrian has as much or more talent as anyone in D3 year in and year out, and as soon as things don't go their way they also have as little mental discipline as anyone in D3. This is a leadership issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Arete19 View Post
              My favorite team, SNC, and UWSP have a long and bitter rivalry, including some ugly moments (see Forrest Gore vs. Rob May) - but there was never the lack of regard for sportsmanship that I see with Adrian every time they match up with the Pointers.
              I do recall a few fights between these two teams in my days as a student at SNC. Makes me wish they played each other more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Arete19 View Post

Awe...the Gore vs May fight....funny you bring that up....my travel partner and I talked about that incident last night during our drive to Point...If I recall correctly, the Pointer students had 'Kill May' signs up in their section for our return trip to Point that season..
                I got to believe that Point will remain on our regular season schedule as long as Cogs is the SNC head coach...
                SNC Men:
                Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                SNC Women:
                O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
                  Outside of breaking a guy's leg, a blindside elbow to the head of the country's top scorer on Friday, and other offenses that have led to NCAA suspensions, I'm sure they are a perfectly clean team. I mean it must be common for your coach to get suspended for a NCAA tournament game, just like that happened to the coaches at Norwich UWSP, Trinity, St Norbert and other top level teams.
                  I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Adrian is 0-3 this year against ranked opponents. Reminded of 2 seasons ago when UWSP went through a similar spin at semester break. Brooks ripped all letters and they went on a roll, and won it all. Not sure Adrian current staff is capable of that sort of leadership.

Comment

From the few games I have watched when they played Oswego,they seem like a cocky team,maybe the coaching is the same...Also all those high jersey numbers that they wear add to it,dont see to many of those high numbers on SNC,UWSP,Norwich etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
                        Outside of breaking a guy's leg, a blindside elbow to the head of the country's top scorer on Friday, and other offenses that have led to NCAA suspensions, I'm sure they are a perfectly clean team. I mean it must be common for your coach to get suspended for a NCAA tournament game, just like that happened to the coaches at Norwich UWSP, Trinity, St Norbert and other top level teams.
                        I'm sure Hammer will be back in here any time now to defend Adrian's conduct. They are good guys and this was an isolated incident. I know this because Hammer, whose reputation on this board far surpasses anyone else on here, told us so.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo
                          It’s also totally normal to have your third leading scorer transfer to your arch rival for his senior season.
                          You aren't saying that had something to do with the culture at Adrian? That was strictly an academic decision!

Comment

You aren't saying that had something to do with the culture at Adrian? That was strictly an academic decision!
                            Oswego acquired a D-man aswell, kid is pretty impressive and playing as our #2.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                              Awe...the Gore vs May fight....funny you bring that up....my travel partner and I talked about that incident last night during our drive to Point...If I recall correctly, the Pointer students had 'Kill May' signs up in their section for our return trip to Point that season..
                              I got to believe that Point will remain on our regular season schedule as long as Cogs is the SNC head coach...
                              Point and Norbert is a great rivalry. It has also adapted with the times as well. I would say there has been very little in the way of really dirty plays, and that includes the boneheads that Nichol brought into Point in his tenure.
                              I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Working...
                              X