X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Binner was mentioned favorably..? Wow.
    Let's see, 6'3" and 210 lbs, skates well, leads his team in plus minus, as a freshman. Wonder if nhl would be interested?

Everyone keeps harping about not taking penalties and staying out of the box due to our outmatched special teams play. Would it shock you to find out Binner has only one penalty in his last 10 games.

I am surprised there is anyone that speaks unfavorably about him especially given he is a rookie.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      Let's see, 6'3" and 210 lbs, skates well, leads his team in plus minus, as a freshman. Wonder if nhl would be interested?

Everyone keeps harping about not taking penalties and staying out of the box due to our outmatched special teams play. Would it shock you to find out Binner has only one penalty in his last 10 games.

I am surprised there is anyone that speaks unfavorably about him especially given he is a rookie.
      He’s got great hands to. I’ve been really impressed with him.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Best compliment a d man can get, you don't notice him. That's binner

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I find that kinda sad, but that's the world we live in. Everybody gets to play, no matter whether they deserve to or not.
          As someone who coaches a high school team, I don't understand when people make this statement. Wouldn't Maine still need to win six games to get an automatic bid?

And who are these people with all these trophies? Our sport struggles for numbers, so I will talk to kids in the hall who played when they were younger to ask why they stopped. It's always "I got cut from a travel team and had nowhere else to play, so I did something else" or "The coach always played his kids and the three other best players and the rest of us didn't get any playing time or practice help."

Maybe if those kids had been given trophies at 10-12 years old instead of spots on the bench (if they were lucky) I'd still have a JV team.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
            As someone who coaches a high school team, I don't understand when people make this statement. Wouldn't Maine still need to win six games to get an automatic bid?

And who are these people with all these trophies? Our sport struggles for numbers, so I will talk to kids in the hall who played when they were younger to ask why they stopped. It's always "I got cut from a travel team and had nowhere else to play, so I did something else" or "The coach always played his kids and the three other best players and the rest of us didn't get any playing time or practice help."

Maybe if those kids had been given trophies at 10-12 years old instead of spots on the bench (if they were lucky) I'd still have a JV team.
            I was referring to conference-tournament AQ's, a pet peeve of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post

who do you coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                He’s got great hands to. I’ve been really impressed with him.
                Looks like a great puck lugger. Little slow in his first burst, first step. Could stand power skating drills. Other thing is he tend too have head up looking for a breakout near his own crease when pressure is on. Probably needs just through pucks out to the boards and keep it on the outside. And stronger in front of his own net clearing the net. Other than that I think he is an outstanding defensemen that flashes at times. Mostly what has stood out to me is he is one of those guys that seeming can lug it up ice and to the other end and even got put it low on the boards. It's a game changer if he keeps that going.

Having said all that I really like Keeper too. He is tough and takes no crap. He's got and outstanding wrister in nearer that right circle. Borderline sniper there. He is crafty and tough to deal with on battles in the corner and in his own end.

Then I just saw Tralmaks was tied for rookie scoring before last weekend, not sure now. But he is a freight train. Reminds me a lot of Trattnig.

And of course there is Swayman, which seems to be a lot like Jimmy Howard. Poised and focus is outstanding.

And Doherty has been quite impressive as a rookie(even though he red shirted).

The future looks bright. Very bright. My $0.02.

Comment

I shouldn't have popped-off via Binner. The only time I saw him in person was at RPI, and he looked lost in his own end, but that was a tiny sample-size.

Comment

I shouldn't have popped-off via Binner. The only time I saw him in person was at RPI, and he looked lost in his own end, but that was a tiny sample-size.
                    It is ok. I just wish you could look positively. See the guys skate and know it isn't all negative. See how they strive to win. They are trying out there. Cheer them on if you are a real fan.

Comment

Maine hockey was built on fan base. You know that if you ever stepped foot in that building. It was built on positive thinking. Don't be a disgruntlened ****. We have enough of them. Be a fan and positive. Please.

If not than go ****. Because we only need future and winning. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        Maine hockey was built on fan base. You know that if you ever stepped foot in that building. It was built on positive thinking. Don't be a disgruntlened ****. We have enough of them. Be a fan and positive. Please.

If not than go ****. Because we only need future and winning. Period.
                        Really..?

I was at the opening of the Alfond, and attended every game for years, not to mention spending thousands to see Maine on the road for > 30 years afterward. Hundreds of games, OK?, and every single Regional. I was an original member of the fan-base you seem to think is a recent development. It's not, yo-yo... Maine's hard-core fan-base preexisted the internet for a long time.

I try to be patient with your ilk on here, but don't you dare shake your finger at me, Sonny. Just because I call a spade a spade doesn't make me disloyal, that just makes me objective. This team ain't good, period, and I won't pretend to see the emperor's new clothes. I do hope there's hope for the future, FWIW, but it looks a long way down the road. Anyway, go pound sand, numb-skull, and get back to me when you've followed Maine hockey for as long as I have, and when they get to another FF.

Hopefully I'll be long-dead by then if you keep your half of the bargain, at least as far as you getting back to me... (The FF, I'll take this year. )
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-23-2018, 11:21 PM.

Comment

I am deleting this thread. Because it only promotes anger that we don't need. Discipline is best
                          Last edited by BlackI; 01-24-2018, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Really..?

I was at the opening of the Alfond, and attended every game for years, not to mention spending thousands to see Maine on the road for > 30 years afterward. Hundreds of games, OK?, and every single Regional. I was an original member of the fan-base you seem to think is a recent development. It's not, yo-yo... Maine's hard-core fan-base preexisted the internet for a long time.

I try to be patient with your ilk on here, but don't you dare shake your finger at me, Sonny. Just because I call a spade a spade doesn't make me disloyal, that just makes me objective. This team ain't good, period, and I won't pretend to see the emperor's new clothes. I do hope there's hope for the future, FWIW, but it looks a long way down the road. Anyway, go pound sand, numb-skull, and get back to me when you've followed Maine hockey for as long as I have, and when they get to another FF.

Hopefully I'll be long-dead by then if you keep your half of the bargain, at least as far as you getting back to me... (The FF, I'll take this year. )
                            You need to sit in stands at orono.

Comment

Really..?

Sounds like you cheer for your team to never be as good as they once was.

Great leadership from elders.

Luckily we have a crew that doesn't cower to old men, or little girls disguised as old men as you profess to be.

https://youtu.be/QkWS9PiXekE
                              Last edited by BlackI; 01-24-2018, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Really..?

Maine hockey is better without you. Goooooooo!

Comment

Working...
                                X