Princeton 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princeton 2017-18

I bet we'll have 10, maybe even 15 posts on this thread by the time playoffs come around.

Re: Princeton 2017-18

Very impressed with your offense. You have IMO two of the best lines in the ECAC
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Very impressed with your offense. You have IMO two of the best lines in the ECAC
      Yup, the team is fun to watch again! I wonder about our conditioning: the OT lapses have been very worrying.

Early days though.

Comment

Originally posted by Halloweenman View Post
        Yup, the team is fun to watch again! I wonder about our conditioning: the OT lapses have been very worrying.

Early days though.
        Now you need to get people to show up and watch them. I wouldn't be too worried about the OT lapses. Your team is 2 weeks behind the rest of college hockey in conditioning, thanks to the archaic Ivy rules.
        Clarkson Golden Knights Men
        10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
        5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
        21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
        ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
        ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
        7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
        National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

I bet we'll have 10, maybe even 15 posts on this thread by the time playoffs come around.
          I feel your pain as I have basically been flying solo myself for the Big Green!

Comment

Well here's to add to your post count.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

You guys are going to be in the top 4 of the standings within the next few years. With your head coach and one of the assistant coaches both Colgate alums, I'll be rooting for you guys except of course against the Raiders.
              Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                You guys are going to be in the top 4 of the standings within the next few years.
                What about this year? I picked them as a top 4. I saw them play Union and RPI and saw nothing that would change my mind.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                  You guys are going to be in the top 4 of the standings within the next few years.
                  I think there's a chance this could happen! The trick is going to be staying there in the medium-to-long term, and given the reality of Princeton sports (high academic standards, playing second fiddle to basketball, abysmal student body support) I think we're in for a slog.

Comment

I'm going to bump this thread every time USCHO posts a "This Week In ECAC" article that doesn't mention Princeton.

Today: http://www.uscho.com/2017/11/16/colg...c-hockey-play/

Comment

Since the Big Green are off this weekend, I watched your game vs Yale. You guys are indeed impressive with offensive speed through the neutral zone and to back that up a very good power play that was very patient and opportunistic. Veronneau was the best player on the ice last night IMO...he reminds me of Vecchione (Union) from last year (good size, skill, and N/S speed). If there was a drawback, you guys were a little loose in protecting/holding on to a three-goal lead at the end. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                        If there was a drawback, you guys were a little loose in protecting/holding on to a three-goal lead at the end.
                        This is actually what concerns me the most about this team: it seems to have great firepower, with lots of shots on goal and plenty of goals. There will be a day when those two things fail though, and when it does, I'm not sure we're going to have the defensive tightness to grind out the low scoring tie that seems to be a hallmark of so many top teams.

Early days though, and for now I'm super psyched about what the team is up to.

Comment

This is actually what concerns me the most about this team: it seems to have great firepower, with lots of shots on goal and plenty of goals. There will be a day when those two things fail though, and when it does, I'm not sure we're going to have the defensive tightness to grind out the low scoring tie that seems to be a hallmark of so many top teams..
                          Tigers were having so much fun scoring goals on Friday night they didn't mind their own end as much as they should have in the last 15-20 minutes. Freshman goalie Ryan Ferland bailed them out a few times, they'll have to learn to tighten things up as a team. It's still early.
                          "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

::Looks at score against Brown::

::Looks at last post on forum::

Come on.

Comment

Scouting the Enemy: Princeton Tigers

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...on-tigers.html
                              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/