Why doesn't Div 3 Womens have their own forum like Men's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't Div 3 Womens have their own forum like Men's

Just asking, as person interested in Div 3 women's info. I think Div 3 womens hockey should have their own forum thread, like the men. Things get lost in all the Div 1 womens threads and the few threads go off topics at times which could be new threads. There are more teams than Div 1. This is an opportunity to get more people interested and more information on schools involved in a great sport.
    No disrespect for Div 1 , as I think it is great all the activity and interest there. Seperate forum would see more Div 3 threads on schools. They have a seperate forum for Div 3 men's which seems pretty active, just saying.

Re: Why doesn't Div 3 Womens have their own forum like Men's

Originally posted by Magicstew View Post
    Just asking, as person interested in Div 3 women's info. I think Div 3 womens hockey should have their own forum thread, like the men. Things get lost in all the Div 1 womens threads and the few threads go off topics at times which could be new threads. There are more teams than Div 1. This is an opportunity to get more people interested and more information on schools involved in a great sport.
    No disrespect for Div 1 , as I think it is great all the activity and interest there. Seperate forum would see more Div 3 threads on schools. They have a seperate forum for Div 3 men's which seems pretty active, just saying.
    Probably a DIII women's forum would be more active than the club hockey forum - (last post on March 30), but I'm sure it's somebody's evaluation of the level of interest.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      Probably a DIII women's forum would be more active than the club hockey forum - (last post on March 30), but I'm sure it's somebody's evaluation of the level of interest.
      I seriously doubt it was a decision based on an evaluation of the level of interest. It was probably more a case of "We need to start/add a women's forum" and they just lumped it all together back when many programs were just starting and some were in D3 that are now in D1. The women's game has grown greatly at both levels since then but the women's forum has remained all lumped together for both D1 and D3. I agree that it's time for separate forum pages and I'm sure there would be plenty of activity on both forums, maybe even more. The men's forum is actually both D2 and D3, not just D3.

P.S. Nobody gives a crap about club hockey of either gender.
      Last edited by shelfit; 10-28-2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Glad to see a few people interested, I sent a message to the forum admin last week, haven't heard anything back yet. Isn't the object to generate more traffic to these sites. Yes Div 3 forum would be more active.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
          I seriously doubt it was a decision based on an evaluation of the level of interest. It was probably more a case of "We need to start/add a women's forum" and they just lumped it all together back when many programs were just starting and some were in D3 that are now in D1.
          It was probably based a non-scientific assessment of the level of interest way, way back in time and has never been revisited

Comment

agreed, but probably time to revisit!

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
              agreed, but probably time to revisit!
              Overdue!

Comment

http://board.uscho.com/sendmessage.php
                Think we just have to have people email the board administrators and ask for our own D3 Women's forum. Might be all that is needed.

Comment

http://board.uscho.com/sendmessage.php
                  I think we just need some more people to email the admins for the website and request a Div 3 womens forum.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                    Overdue!
                    It will lose overall traffic and interest, and it will be more specific. Who cares what the men's side does. I rarely go to the men's DIII forum.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                      It will lose overall traffic and interest, and it will be more specific. Who cares what the men's side does. I rarely go to the men's DIII forum.
                      I never go to the men's DI forum.

Comment

Worth noting there are like twice as many men's programs too so if they were combined the forum would be a little too nuts.

I get that it's sort of the principle of the thing but I enjoy having D1 and D3 in the same place. It doesn't get cluttered because it's a smaller community, and once in a while I like dipping into a D3 thread to see what's going on. I would never, ever do that if they were separate.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                        X