Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

There has been a groundswell of demand for a Minnesota State thread - so here it is! Another program with upside potential with improving facilities, a fairly new coaching administration and some excellent recruits in the pipeline. Tough conference of course. But they will climb over some of the bad teams in the conference this season. Sky is the limit?

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
    There has been a groundswell of demand for a Minnesota State thread - so here it is! Another program with upside potential with improving facilities, a fairly new coaching administration and some excellent recruits in the pipeline. Tough conference of course. But they will climb over some of the bad teams in the conference this season. Sky is the limit?
    Not impressed with the "fairly new coaching administration" as you phrased it. Harrington's time is done. Goofy never was a hockey coach to begin with and never will be. Thank goodness for Shari. As for your last sentence, good thing the sky comes all the way down to meet the ground.
    Last edited by shelfit; 10-24-2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Re: Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

I think they are getting better, they gave UW a hard time in the first game, though some was obviously UW playing like garbage. UW was backing off them on D zone entry and through the N zone like they were playing the Red Army team of the 70's & 80's.

Harrington complained to the LaBahn staff that we were pounding on the glass behind the bench too much last year. What a loser. It's sad to think he was part of the 1980 O Team.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        Not impressed with the "fairly new coaching administration" as you phrased it. Harrington's time is done. Goofy never was a hockey coach to begin with and never will be. Thank goodness for Shari. As for your last sentence, good thing the sky comes all the way down to meet the ground.
        Its ok that you are not impressed. When you take a close look at to what is actually occurring in the current and future of this team, good things are happening. When you are building something from the ground up, in a market that has been perennially poor, it is a process. I think he will get this program relevant a lot sooner than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I think they are getting better, they gave UW a hard time in the first game, though some was obviously UW playing like garbage. UW was backing off them on D zone entry and through the N zone like they were playing the Red Army team of the 70's & 80's.

Harrington complained to the LaBahn staff that we were pounding on the glass behind the bench too much last year. What a loser. It's sad to think he was part of the 1980 O Team.
          https://youtu.be/EN2_PSs2Pjc

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
            Its ok that you are not impressed. When you take a close look at to what is actually occurring in the current and future of this team, good things are happening. When you are building something from the ground up, in a market that has been perennially poor, it is a process. I think he will get this program relevant a lot sooner than you think.
            Ha ha, is that in Wisconsin?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

Comment

[QUOTE - But they will climb over some of the bad teams in the conference this season. Sky is the limit?[/QUOTE]

This one got me. I have watched every team play in this conference and none can be qualified as "bad teams". The blow outs are likely a thing of the past. And when it comes to the Mavericks, any team in the conference can beat them on any given night and vice versa. Your team is heading in the right direction and will do well but remember, you have been the "bad team" for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by upfromtheminors View Post
                  Love it! Better than my reaction, which is simply, "Yawn!" 😪

Comment

Ha ha, is that in Wisconsin?
                    No, just relevant in Mankato, which would be a nice change for them. Lol.

Comment

What a loser! How dare he complain when the fans act like classless jack@zzes!
                      Last edited by ne7minder; 10-26-2017, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                        Do you think he momentarily forgot where he was?
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                          [QUOTE - But they will climb over some of the bad teams in the conference this season. Sky is the limit?
                          This one got me. I have watched every team play in this conference and none can be qualified as "bad teams". The blow outs are likely a thing of the past. And when it comes to the Mavericks, any team in the conference can beat them on any given night and vice versa. Your team is heading in the right direction and will do well but remember, you have been the "bad team" for a long time.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

St. Cloud is a bad team. You may be right about the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                            The glass is meant to be pounded on, give me a break. Have you ever watched a Penn St men's game? You have a seizure. Anyway, I was shocked to get the sledgehammer through the front door though.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The glass is meant to be pounded on, give me a break. Have you ever watched a Penn St men's game? You have a seizure. Anyway, I was shocked to get the sledgehammer through the front door though.
                              Not only no, in civilized places they make announcements that it is not permitted.

Comment

Working...
                              X