Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit's Oakland University to start D-I Women's Hockey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit's Oakland University to start D-I Women's Hockey?

http://www.uscho.com/2017/10/16/detr...womens-hockey/

Wut
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I think this would be great. Hopefully some of the 7 schools in MI that already have D1 men's hockey (Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Michigan, Michigan State, Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan and Western Michigan) would step up and launch D1 women's hockey programs too.
    Last edited by shelfit; 10-16-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Re: Detroit's Oakland University to start D-I Women's Hockey?

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      I think this would be great. Hopefully some of the 7 schools in MI that already have D1 men's hockey (Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Michigan, Michigan State, Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan and Western Michigan) would step up and launch D1 women's hockey programs too.
      This would, absolutely, be great for the state of Michigan. Unfortunately none of the schools that currently have Men's programs are interested in starting Women's programs. Perhaps this will give them a kick in the ***! One can only hope. It is funny, though, that NONE of the 7 D1 programs in Michigan have a Women's programs. But, BOTH of the schools that have a D3 program have both Men's and Women's.

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
        This would, absolutely, be great for the state of Michigan. Unfortunately none of the schools that currently have Men's programs are interested in starting Women's programs. Perhaps this will give them a kick in the ***! One can only hope. It is funny, though, that NONE of the 7 D1 programs in Michigan have a Women's programs. But, BOTH of the schools that have a D3 program have both Men's and Women's.
        The Ivy schools should take the lead and refuse to schedule schools that do not have a women's program.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          The Ivy schools should take the lead and refuse to schedule schools that do not have a women's program.
          Why just the Ivies?

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            Why just the Ivies?
            a better question would be who would follow?

it should be apparent by now people on both coasts are suffering from narcissium and probably half a dozen other mental dissorders

Comment

Has anyone heard an update on the feasibility study done at the University of Illinois?

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
                Has anyone heard an update on the feasibility study done at the University of Illinois?
                I'll take the non-response as a NO!

Comment

Working...
                X