Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Niagara & RIT (10/20/17, 10/21/17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Niagara & RIT (10/20/17, 10/21/17)

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Niagara & RIT (10/20/17, 10/21/17)

Two more ties? We start this season like my Christmas gift list.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Well, our only tie last year was against Niagara. So we could start the season 0-0-3 if we don’t start scoring more goals.

Comment

Niagara lost 5-1 to Gate and beat RoMo 4-3. Idle this weekend. I think RPI gets wins number vs Screamin Eagles.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Niagara lost 5-1 to Gate and beat RoMo 4-3. Idle this weekend. I think RPI gets wins number vs Screamin Eagles.
          I'm not so confident about playing Niagara. We've had difficulty with them since I started following RPI, and our only win during that stretch we needed overtime (and a great Brock Higgs performance) to achieve.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the coin, RIT had a tie in their Blue Cross Arena game vs. Northeastern, who ripped Sacred Heart to shreds. Should be a fun pair for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            I am not going to start predicting any victories until we show that we can score more than one goal a game. I was encouraged by the play against St. Marys, but this weekend we just didn't put up many scoring opportunities.
            Defense and goaltending gave us two points, now the offense has to pitch in.

LGR
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

A couple of RIT players to watch and possibly a pick to click: Miles Powell and Eric Brown. They were the top returning scorers for the Tigers and are on the board with all 3 goals against NU. Brown especially got "Greasy" goals so I would not be surprised if one or both score in the weekend's tilt. On defense, the key is the Norish twins - Brady and Chase. They are not on the same pairing, but are the top 2 defensemen for the Tigers and their loss of time last year due to injury really impacted the offense last year. In net, Logan Drackett played outstanding against Northeastern and I expect he will get at least 1 start this weekend.
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                I am not going to start predicting any victories until we show that we can score more than one goal a game. I was encouraged by the play against St. Marys, but this weekend we just didn't put up many scoring opportunities.
                Defense and goaltending gave us two points, now the offense has to pitch in.

LGR
                having watched both games it just appeared that we are playing a defensive first mentality. Perhaps this coach feels that early in the season if we prevent easy chances and odd man rushes, we can be competitive enough in each game to build some confidence for the offense. We created a bit more the second night and the ice just appeared to be more open. But we still are the worst face off team i have seen, one of the poorest finishing team, and also noticed a lack of tough physical play. We did avoid most stupid penalties and we did show maturity and restraint but i agree totally that we have got to find a way to score 3 goals per game by committee soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  having watched both games it just appeared that we are playing a defensive first mentality. Perhaps this coach feels that early in the season if we prevent easy chances and odd man rushes, we can be competitive enough in each game to build some confidence for the offense. We created a bit more the second night and the ice just appeared to be more open. But we still are the worst face off team i have seen, one of the poorest finishing team, and also noticed a lack of tough physical play. We did avoid most stupid penalties and we did show maturity and restraint but i agree totally that we have got to find a way to score 3 goals per game by committee soon.
                  If we're going to score by committee, then more than one person has to take the shot. I understand wanting to work the good shot, but if you have an opening and aren't forcing the shot, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    discuss
                    Go west, young men, go west.
                    Grab some points and return.

Comment

I'll be at the game at Dwyer this Friday.

Looking forward to seeing the Engineers for the first time in a couple years.
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I will be at the GPC .

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          If we're going to score by committee, then more than one person has to take the shot. I understand wanting to work the good shot, but if you have an opening and aren't forcing the shot, go for it.
                          We have been saying that for years. Sometimes the best defense is a potent offense. It sure is hard for the other team to score or even get good chances when you are keeping the puck in their end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            discuss
                            One angle we have going for us this year is that our coach should know both of the opponents well. So I suspect we will get our first win or wins this weekend. Too many unknowns to have much confidence but if I had to bet on points I would take the over on 2.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                              One angle we have going for us this year is that our coach should know both of the opponents well. So I suspect we will get our first win or wins this weekend. Too many unknowns to have much confidence but if I had to bet on points I would take the over on 2.
                              We did get our first ever win vs. Denver early in SA's tenure, so that makes some sense, but we still have to show up.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X