Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
    There is a TON of hockey to be played. The conference season hasn't even started. Two of the teams RIT played were preseason ranked, so it's not like they played weak teams.
    That's true. I wasn't so much concerned about the W's and L's. I was mostly commenting on how RIT played, regardless of the opponent. They could have played much better and gone 0-3 against those teams (except maybe RPI). If that had happened, at least we'd me more encouraged for the conference schedule. The soft goals, lazy / stupid penalties, and third period fatigue can and will happen against anybody.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I would say we fans got excited because they did play a good game against Northeastern and got a point, but then followed it up with clunkers against Union and RPI.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
        That's true. I wasn't so much concerned about the W's and L's. I was mostly commenting on how RIT played, regardless of the opponent. They could have played much better and gone 0-3 against those teams (except maybe RPI). If that had happened, at least we'd me more encouraged for the conference schedule. The soft goals, lazy / stupid penalties, and third period fatigue can and will happen against anybody.
        This. I was pleased with the team after the NU game, I was at the game and told my son that I thought RIT would lose the game by about a 6-3 final score. Halfway through the second I told him that if we kept NU off the scoreboard for the rest of the second that maybe we could steal the game. I must of jinxed them, they gave up a goal before the second ended and we know the game ended at 3-3. Still, I was very pleased as an RIT fan. Going into the weekend against the ECAC teams I thought that the games might be an early measuring stick about how this RIT team is shaping up prior to the start of league play. We remember last years visit to the Capital District and losing two games to these same two teams, I was able to be in Troy for the RPI game. Maybe a little payback I was thinking and hoping for? Well it wasn't to be with these two, maybe we will get them back on our schedule again soon in the coming years.

So here we are coming into the the first weekend of league play against Army not really knowing what we have with this years RIT team. RIT has a tremendous record against Army and I know that Army has tremendous respect for RIT, but I'm not feeling overly confident and would be pleased with a split on the road.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
          This. I was pleased with the team after the NU game, I was at the game and told my son that I thought RIT would lose the game by about a 6-3 final score. Halfway through the second I told him that if we kept NU off the scoreboard for the rest of the second that maybe we could steal the game. I must of jinxed them, they gave up a goal before the second ended and we know the game ended at 3-3. Still, I was very pleased as an RIT fan. Going into the weekend against the ECAC teams I thought that the games might be an early measuring stick about how this RIT team is shaping up prior to the start of league play. We remember last years visit to the Capital District and losing two games to these same two teams, I was able to be in Troy for the RPI game. Maybe a little payback I was thinking and hoping for? Well it wasn't to be with these two, maybe we will get them back on our schedule again soon in the coming years.

So here we are coming into the the first weekend of league play against Army not really knowing what we have with this years RIT team. RIT has a tremendous record against Army and I know that Army has tremendous respect for RIT, but I'm not feeling overly confident and would be pleased with a split on the road.
          I think the Tigers take 2, maybe 3 points this weekend unless you jinx them again! 😅
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
            I think the Tigers take 2, maybe 3 points this weekend unless you jinx them again! 😅
            I hope not! My seats are pretty close to the visitors bench...
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

I've been hearing John DiTulio do advertisements on the radio that the RIT Mens games (home and away) will be broadcast on AM 1280 this year. Are they no longer being carried on WITR, or is this just a simulcast of WITR's feed? Or, is it a totally different on-air team covering the games?

Comment

Originally posted by joew74 View Post
                I've been hearing John DiTulio do advertisements on the radio that the RIT Mens games (home and away) will be broadcast on AM 1280 this year. Are they no longer being carried on WITR, or is this just a simulcast of WITR's feed? Or, is it a totally different on-air team covering the games?
                Simulcast.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by joew74 View Post
                  As far as I can tell, WHTK is now part of the RIT Tigers Sports Network, which means the radio broadcast now makes use of the media timeouts and can't complain that they're called "media" timeouts instead of "TV" timeouts. =)

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                    I think the Tigers take 2, maybe 3 points this weekend unless you jinx them again! ��
                    I would be happy with 2 points at this stage - anything more would be gravy. Army is always tough at Tate Rink and they are one of the better teams in the league.

Comment

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                      As far as I can tell, WHTK is now part of the RIT Tigers Sports Network, which means the radio broadcast now makes use of the media timeouts and can't complain that they're called "media" timeouts instead of "TV" timeouts. =)

Powers &8^]
                      Exactly. We’re still getting used to the loss of time to chitchat. Those timeouts were also reduced to 1:00 from 2:00 this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I should add that we're absolutely delighted to have WHTK pick up the games and hope it means more people get exposed to the Tigers and new fans make it to some games. It also means that you can listen on the iHeartRadio app (available here: https://news.iheart.com/apps/). Just search for Fox Sports 1280.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                          I should add that we're absolutely delighted to have WHTK pick up the games and hope it means more people get exposed to the Tigers and new fans make it to some games. It also means that you can listen on the iHeartRadio app (available here: https://news.iheart.com/apps/). Just search for Fox Sports 1280.
                          Hopefully, any potential fans won't be swayed by the debacle last weekend.
                          I do give kudos to getting a fairly major local sports radio station to carry the games though.

Comment

Having Fox Sports 1280 simulcast the games is great for RIT hockey. Also nice for Scott and Ed who have work very hard to make a very professional broadcast (well most of time, especially when they don't have odd balls like me on ). Lets not forget Chris and Randy. Been a long time coming guy, great that more people can hear you over the radio!

As for this weekend it should be interesting, I think RIT will find a way to get a split, but honestly do not know how. Anyone throw a dart at the board yet to guess who will be in Net? I still am betting on Drackett, Go on Wayne and prove me wrong!!!
                            Last edited by Tom Naeger; 10-27-2017, 12:21 PM.
                            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                            The Mule
                            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                              Having Fox Sports 1280 simulcast the games is great for RIT hockey. Also nice for Scott and Ed who have work very hard to make a very professional broadcast (well most of time, especially when they don't have odd balls like me on ). Lets not forget Chris and Randy. Been a long time coming guy, great that more people can hear you over the radio!

As for this weekend it should be interesting, I think RIT will find a way to get a split, but honestly do not know how. Anyone throw a dart at the board yet to guess who will be in Net? I still am betting on Drackett, Go on Wayne and prove me wrong!!!
                              7 shots on goal, 2 goals allowed..I wish he had proved you wrong at this point. Hoping for better over the next two periods
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Flat. 2-0. Army looks bigger and faster. Both goals were up and over the left shoulder.
                                RPI Engineers
                                RIT Tigers
                                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Working...
                                X